Baseball vs UAB

keep it up men! Go to bammer and bring the big blue broom!

score update?  thanks!

AU is up 11-2.....game looks to be under control in the bottom of the 8th....bases still loaded...

bats have come out their coma and are alive and kicking!

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

AU is up 11-2.....game looks to be under control in the bottom of the 8th....bases still loaded...

This weather in NC is crazy!  We had snow flurries yesterday afternoon. Tried to play golf today in 30-40 mph gusts and literally had balls to hang in mid air and fall back!

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

This weather in NC is crazy!  We had snow flurries yesterday afternoon. Tried to play golf today in 30-40 mph gusts and literally had balls to hang in mid air and fall back!

Crazy on the Florida Gulf coast to. in the 40's past 2 nites 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hits tonight doc 0r 64?  I did not tune in 

Not sure but I think Tigerbelle or 64 know this. I cannot get the games a rely on scores on this site to keep up with what is going on. I have directv, but for whatever reason cannot get the games.

Is the game over? Any new score?  Thanks!

18 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Not sure but I think Tigerbelle or 64 know this. I cannot get the games a rely on scores on this site to keep up with what is going on. I have directv, but for whatever reason cannot get the games.

Fair hitting exhibition aided by UAB errors and poor pitching. Connor Davis with a good evening but not quite time to say the hitting slump has been solved. But always nice to get a win and Elliot Anderson did very well in relief...ought to get the win based on performance.

This should give the team some confidence going into bammer land. Samford put a whipping on the turds tonight!  Casey has a good team this year no doubt!

28 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Started at 35 this morning and was 70 by about 3pm...but did not have the wind. Tuesday is ladies day around here so my wife got to play in the cold ..

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Auburn's first inning must have been something to see....scored 3 runs, left 3 on base....and all done with only one hit....

It went:

Holland HBP, Williams Walk, Wright HBP, Julien Walk (RBI), Venter FC 5-2 (Williams out at home), Ward K, Davis single 2 RBIs, Ingram HBP, Estes flyball out.

Not a bad night at the plate. We drew 6 walks and had 5 HBPs. I believe every starter but Ward reached base at least once. Good to see Davis and Estes have good nights. Also good to see these guys keep battling and put some runs on the board late. Wright, Julien, and Venter all had a base hit in the 8th inning. Easily could've gone through the motions and given those ABs away. We had an OBP of .422, which is a really positive sign IMO.

Still have to cut down on the strikeouts. 10 Ks is still way too many, especially in a midweek game. UAB's lefty gave us a lot of problems because he had had command of his pitches. I never saw him throw a pitch over 82 MPH, but he located all of his pitches and kept us way off balance in his 4.1 IP.

Archived