Your Stink, Your Swamp

RunInRed

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Fox is a joke until they finally appease your fancy

More like when not even FNC can defend all Trump’s lies, you know it’s bad ...

15 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Minute collateral. But you know I’m right ;)

19 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Impressive, FNC hammering him and he just keeps marching on.

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Impressive, FNC hammering him and he just keeps marching on.

For now ...

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Fox is a joke until they finally appease your fancy

Nah, overall its still a joke.  But it is nice to see some intellectual honesty coming from someone there besides Chris Wallace and Shep Smith.

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nah, overall its still a joke.  But it is nice to see some intellectual honesty coming from someone there besides Chris Wallace and Shep Smith.

It’s only “intellectual honesty” when it’s criticism.... right??? That furthers my point. 

I mean if they were to report the incredible unemployment rate for April, it would just be another thing to disregard. When Trump does well and the news reports it, it’s just Fox being his puppet. But when they tickle the other side’s ears, it’s “intellectual honesty.” Too selective. 

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It’s only “intellectual honesty” when it’s criticism.... right??? That furthers my point. 

I mean if they were to report the incredible unemployment rate for April, it would just be another thing to disregard. When Trump does well and the news reports it, it’s just Fox being his puppet. But when they tickle the other side’s ears, it’s “intellectual honesty.” Too selective. 

Well, to a degree, yes.  When a network becomes an nearly 100% reliable cheerleader for a politician, it is notable when actual criticism comes from one of their prominent members.  

Similarly, if MSNBC had Rachel Maddow do a segment where she praised Trump for something and gave him credit, it's more notable than when the sycophants at the Grab-em-by-the-p**** Network do it.

Well this has to be it........heading to the WH......if I hurry I can see President Trump led out in handcuffs.

55 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

There wasn't a single falsehood in that piece.  Whining about it doesn't change that.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Condone factual reporting that is negative about Trump?   Absolutely.

Yeah. As long as it isn't transferring any acclaim to Trump. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Yeah. As long as it isn't transferring any acclaim to Trump. 

Haven't seen any facts that do that, just claims based on biased reasoning. 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Haven't seen any facts that do that, just claims based on biased reasoning. 

From CNN - but I guess these aren't really "facts" are they? Stupid CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/27/politics/donald-trump-korea/index.html

Trump deserves credit for Korean thaw

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

No, that isn't fact, it's opinion.  (I would have thought a law student could tell the difference.)

First, it hasn't happened yet.  Secondly, many reputable voices suspect Kim Jong Un is playing Trump for his own particular purpose - such as cementing his legitimacy in the eyes of the world.  They say there are many potential downsides to meeting with him.

Personally, I don't know. 

But I am not going to form an opinion until after the fact.

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It doesn't further your point at all because you didn't make one.  You made an assumption.  Intellectual dishonesty happens when Fox consistently goes out of it's way to spin things in favor of Trump or outright ignore blatant falsehoods that the man states.  Cavuto called him out on it, which should be commended, because he's actually speaking truth.  Carlson and Hannity (especially Hannity) don't do that.

Also, this is the dumbest thing you've ever written:

"I mean if they were to report the incredible unemployment rate for April, it would just be another thing to disregard. When Trump does well and the news reports it, it’s just Fox being his puppet."

No, this is Fox doing it's job and reporting facts.  Wallace and Smith do this well and consistently over there.  Would be nice if their primary commentators stuck to the facts more often.  As was stated above by Titan, Cavuto's comments are getting attention because it's a rare thing to come from that network since Trump took office.

By the way, people like Maddow are just as dumb.  Remember her bombshell special on Trump's taxes?  Yeah, that was stupid.

10 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Trump deserves credit for Korean thaw

No.  The article clearly says "Analysis" at the top.  Read bro.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

That's opinion, bro.

Exactly why I pointed out the word analysis.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, that isn't fact, it's opinion.  (I would have thought a law student could tell the difference.)

Sure it is a fact. Not trying to prove the content within, just that its there. The article speaks for itself. A law student actually knows that there's a very blurry line between fact and opinion, since you want to go there. (That's why the FRE permit lay opinions :))

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Secondly, many reputable voices suspect Kim Jong Un is playing Trump for his own particular purpose - such as cementing his legitimacy in the eyes of the world.  They say there are many potential downsides to meeting with him.

hahaha an no "reputable" voices say otherwise? 

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

But I am not going to form an opinion until after the fact.

The world would be a better place if you approached Russia and Stormy Daniels the same way

Archived