Lesley Stahl, Trump, Putin, Surkov

HVAU

On 5/24/2018 at 10:44 AM, GiveEmElle said:

The question I find most intriguing is who is the puppet master in this marionette show? Listening to Trump speak, it’s evident he lacks the intellectually capacity to devise such a scheme. Who is Oz behind the curtain? 

I wouldn't put it that way.  Trump is definitely "in charge".  That's the only way he has. It's why he has proven to turn against anyone with conflicting perspectives.  He cannot tolerate that.  He cannot allow for the possibility he could be wrong - and if he is, he'll spin it as a success.  He's a master of reality show, 'reality'.   It's amazing to watch.

But, to your point, he is easily manipulated because his actual understanding of anything is so shallow.  So the real question is, who has the most influence on him - which undoubtedly involves reinforcing his existing perceptions at any rate.

Interesting times we are experiencing. ;D

35 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I wouldn't put it that way.  Trump is definitely "in charge".  That's the only way he has. It's why he has proven to turn against anyone with conflicting perspectives.  He cannot tolerate that.  He cannot allow for the possibility he could be wrong - and if he is, he'll spin it as a success.  He's a master of reality show, 'reality'.   It's amazing to watch.

But, to your point, he is easily manipulated because his actual understanding of anything is so shallow.  So the real question is, who has the most influence on him - which undoubtedly involves reinforcing his existing perceptions at any rate.

Interesting times we are experiencing. ;D

I’m sure whomever is manipulating him let’s him THINK he is in charge. 

On 5/24/2018 at 9:44 AM, GiveEmElle said:

The question I find most intriguing is who is the puppet master in this marionette show? Listening to Trump speak, it’s evident he lacks the intellectually capacity to devise such a scheme. Who is Oz behind the curtain? 

My money is on @Proud Tiger and @NolaAuTiger. They seem to be curious folks to me. I know because they PM me frequently Sister Elle.  

13 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’m sure whomever is manipulating him let’s him THINK he is in charge. 

This is exactly my theory on why John Kelly is in this position. He is putting up with more bull**** than he could otherwise stand. Mattis might fall in this category as well. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

This is exactly my theory on why John Kelly is in this position. He is putting up with more bull**** than he could otherwise stand. Mattis might fall in this category as well. 

Lots of theory but no facts.

6 hours ago, alexava said:

I thought that at first but after some of Kelly’s recent statements I think he is bull****.

55 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I thought that at first but after some of Kelly’s recent statements I think he is bull****.

Definitely and a**hole but putting up with a moron to get through another 2 1/2 years. 

Just my take on everything I have read:

There is a ton of evidence of financial dealings well prior to the campaign. Trump and many others were dealing with the Russians in a bad deal way. They are certainly guilty of money laundering, illegal loan making, back slapping GOB deal-making, etc. GUILTY. But the timeframe at present seems to be 2010-2015.

Collusion: The Russians likely helped Trump at some level. The figure cited is about  $1.3M worth of social media presence. Was it organized with Team Trump? Can you prove in a courtroom that it was organized with Team Trump? Did it really make any impact? You have to remember that HRC outspent DJT :puke: by about $500M. She still should have swamped him EASILY. The Republicans hated him, The Democrats hated him. Trump pissed off the DC elite and a lot of middle-class folks were looking for exactly that. These were made up of former Obama supporters. HRC lost in the Mid-west precisely because of former Obama voters switching to Trump. 

Will all this amount to impeachment? I have no idea and neither does anyone else seriously paying attention to facts.

In a trial/impeachment, you have to present FACTS. You cannot present innuendo nor assumptions. You have to show that "On day X, Mr A and Mr B met and agreed to do Y." In a civil suit, the standard is 'preponderance of the evidence." In a criminal trial/impeachment, the standard is the criminal courtroom standard. Hearsay, supposition, second-hand conversations, etc are all inadmissible. Add to this the not rock solid FISA Warrant procedure and there is a lot of squish you are already hearing from some of the judges. 

"Trump & Friends" (yes this is a direct shot aimed straight at Fox, Hannity, & Rush) are going to continue to muddy the water with slams over the procedures, the length of the investigation, etc. Look at how the Clinton Army took shots daily at Ken Starr. These investigations seem to mirror each other in other ways as well. The primary charges, Collusion & Whitewater, seem to have been forgotten and other charges coming to the front. Unfortunately, the American people are tiring of all this.

In a perfect world, my party would be campaigning hard to win on ideas and election rhetoric. Instead, most seem to think screaming "Russians" is all they need. I am afraid that come November the Left side of the aisle is going to be underwhelmed. You have to give people reasons to vote FOR you. Democrats have been doing lousy in off years lately too. This could be different. Lets wait and see. 

I do KNOW THIS: THE LAST TIME THE LEFT IN THIS COUNTRY WAS THIS COCKSURE OF VICTORY...TRUMP WON THE PRESIDENCY.

Archived