Corey Lewandowski mocks separation of 10-year old Down syndrome girl from parents at the border

TitanTiger

30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, to be fair, I suppose it is possible that you are totally clueless about how your posts are going to be interpreted by any reasonable person reading them. 

Hopefully that's something you will learn with time.

I'm not defending Trump whatsoever. I said he was wrong for doing it because mockery is wrong, but not merely because the guy who he mocked was disabled. 

Y'alls logic is essentially, mockery is condemnable when it's done towards disabled people, and it's ok when it's deserved. And I disagree. The world would be a better place if we didn't tolerate mockery, period. Part of the problem is that we tend to categorize it (i.e., it deserves public condemnation if the person being mocked is disabled). The only reason this causes fussing is because under an extension of my view, it means that mockery of Trump is wrong as well. And you and your counter parts won't tolerate anything, no matter how trivial, that has to do with Trump unless it aligns with y'alls own view. 

And no, it's not fair to take snippets of what I say and ignore everything else that accompanies it. I've provided more than enough clarity for my position. 

Hopefully you will one day learn to understand the views of others, and not whine when someone doesn't share your views. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Hopefully you will one day learn to understand the views of others, and not whine when someone doesn't share your views. 

Great advice for a few others I won't name but I bet they will bark soon.

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

There’s the “clear” logic....

You’ve failed to comprehend my point. So has Elle

No one has failed to see your point. You excuse CL and Trump for mocking disabled people because Trump gets mocked by comedians. Trump is a pig from hell that you defend relentlessly here. Granted you come up with some creative excuses for dismissing his behavior, but they are still just excuses.

12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

You don't seem to get it.

He had been asked about this several times before last night and never once said anything about it being that he was mocking Zac (the guy he was debating).  Only a couple of days later or so does this new explanation percolate up.  As I linked in my previous posts a couple of posts before this one, I saw this as a possibility.  

And it's not about hating him (though he is a repugnant, hateful individual), it's about believability.  If someone does something offensive to me and gives me an explanation or defense for it, then changes their explanation/defense to something else a couple of days later, it wouldn't matter who they were, I'd think they were full of s***.  

I think your timeline is off. Not that it matters to you. I am still having a hard time believing anyone would mock a girl with downs syndrome. I have no problem believing he could mock Zac. Many have. 

That shock value is eclipsing human values among Trumpites became clear Tuesday night on Fox News. In a viral cable-news moment, Corey Lewandowski, the former Trump campaign manager and current television commentator, faced off against Democratic strategist Zac Petkanas over the Trump administration’s policy of separating families at the border.

It went on from there, with Petkanas repeatedly wondering how Lewandowski could dare say something so despicable and with Lewandowski saying that when you commit a crime in this country, you forfeit your right to be with your family.

And yet Fox News wanted to hear more from this fellow. On Wednesday morning, host Sandra Smith welcomed Lewandowski back on to the Fox News air for something of a post-game interview. In other words, for some content like what Lewandowski tweeted on Wednesday morning:

7 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Lewandowski saying that when you commit a crime in this country, you forfeit your right to be with your family.

That is considered controversial?     By whom?     That happens every day in courtrooms all over America...and in Family Court when DSS or someone takes children from their parent(s) and puts them in foster care. 

18 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I'm not defending Trump whatsoever. I said he was wrong for doing it because mockery is wrong, but not merely because the guy who he mocked was disabled. 

Y'alls logic is essentially, mockery is condemnable when it's done towards disabled people, and it's ok when it's deserved. And I disagree. The world would be a better place if we didn't tolerate mockery, period. Part of the problem is that we tend to categorize it (i.e., it deserves public condemnation if the person being mocked is disabled). The only reason this causes fussing is because under an extension of my view, it means that mockery of Trump is wrong as well. And you and your counter parts won't tolerate anything, no matter how trivial, that has to do with Trump unless it aligns with y'alls own view. 

And no, it's not fair to take snippets of what I say and ignore everything else that accompanies it. I've provided more than enough clarity for my position. 

What BS.

"Mockery" - like most things - exists on a continuum.  To compare what Trump did mocking a handicapped person is in no way comparable to the sort of mockery a comedian might do to Trump - or any other political figure.

To equate such behavior for the purpose of excusing Trump is just twisted.    

16 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

No one has failed to see your point. You excuse CL and Trump for mocking disabled people because Trump gets mocked by comedians. Trump is a pig from hell that you defend relentlessly here. Granted you come up with some creative excuses for dismissing his behavior, but they are still just excuses.

How the hell am I defending him when I’ve said the exact opposite? You can’t be this pathetic at reading comprehension. Quote me in context and explain. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

What BS.

"Mockery" - like most things - exists on a continuum.  To compare what Trump did mocking a handicapped person is in no way comparable to the sort of mockery a comedian might do to Trump - or any other political figure.

To equate such behavior for the purpose of excusing Trump is just twisted.    

How and why does it excuse Trump? Tell me.

19 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

@GiveEmElle and @homersapien 

“See, he’s defending Trump!” 

If I an defending Trump, please explain how. Y’all can hold hands while offering up the explanation.

21 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

How and why does it excuse Trump? Tell me.

By attenuating Trump's clearly egregious act of mockery by equating it to trivial, benign examples of same.  (Duuuuuh!)

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

By attenuating Trump's clearly egregious act of mockery by equating it to trivial, benign examples of same.  (Duuuuuh!)

That’s the issue, you categorize some mockery as trivial on the basis of “quality,” if you will. Say you suffered a knee injury on your tractor and someone mocked the way you walked. I would be infuriated with that person. I don’t tolerate it. I seperate political affiliation, and you do not. My point isn’t to defend Trump, and I don’t think I have. 

I just think the world would be a better if we condemned it for what it is, instead of making categorical exceptions.

Fair enough?

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

That’s the issue, you categorize some mockery as trivial on the basis of “quality,” if you will. Say you suffered a knee injury on your tractor and someone mocked the way you walked. I would be infuriated with that person. I don’t tolerate it. I seperate political affiliation, and you do not. My point isn’t to defend Trump, and I don’t think I have. 

I just think the world would be a better if we condemned it for what it is, instead of making categorical exceptions.

Fair enough?

I get that you really don't get it.

Fair enough?

Just now, homersapien said:

I get that you really don't get it.

Fair enough?

I’ve even said I hold a minority position on this. I do get it. I understand your view. I’ve admitted as much. You’re just upset becuase under an extension of my view, people shouldn’t mock Trump becuase my view rejects mockery in general. 

Your tender, caring heart cannot fathom how one could maintain such a thing.

18 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Classless, spoken by the girl who says she don't even like America anymore.

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Classless, spoken by the girl who says she don't even like America anymore.

She can call a man “a pig from hell” but I’m not allowed to call her “elder.” Imagine that. Not very ladylike if you ask me.

Archived