Corey Lewandowski mocks separation of 10-year old Down syndrome girl from parents at the border

TitanTiger

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I remember. I dont know what was behind that, but Trump can do and say some real head smackers. There was a montage of him using that same gesture to several others without disabilities, so Im not completely sold on either sides view of his intentions here, but I see your point, .....but know your Agenda! LOL

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

I remember. I dont know what was behind that, but Trump can do and say some real head smackers. There was a montage of him using that same gesture to several others without disabilities, so Im not completely sold on either sides view of his intentions here, but I see your point, .....but know your Agenda! LOL

Seriously?

And my only point here is to point out that considering what Trump himself is capable of it's not a stretch to accept that Cory Lewandowski - as manager of the Trump campaign and a Trump adviser - is similarly despicable.

My agenda is to proclaim the truth about Trump.  He's a narcissistic psychopath.  It's hardly surprising he attracts fellow psychopaths.

14 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Because I have a working brain.  He was mocking the situation.  You know it even if you refuse to admit it.  And he knows it, which is why when pressed about apologizing he didn't try to use such a cop out.

He's a dirtbag.  You don't owe him anything, PT.

The only thing that gives me comfort in this is knowing that social media will be a record of those who were on the wrong side of history. 

On 6/20/2018 at 6:01 AM, TitanTiger said:

What an absolutely disgusting individual.  These are the sorts of people who ran our President's campaign and had his ear.  No matter what you think about immigration, mockingly doing the 'sad trombone' sound over a 10-year old girl with Down syndrome being separated from her mother reveals a blackness and callousness of heart that no further words will ever explain away.

I haven't read the thread, but has anyone chimed in to say Lewandowski is a piece of shite?

If not, put me on the board for that.  Corey Lewandowski is a piece of shite.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

I thought he imitated the reporter? People imitate Trump all the time, for example. They talk in his voice, use his hand motions, etc. Why is this different? Because the guy is disabled? 

I support your disdain for mockery/imitations, but let's be consistent when calling people out, otherwise you're doing nothing more than isolating the disabled merely because, well they're disabled. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

I thought he imitated the reporter? People imitate Trump all the time, for example. They talk in his voice, use his hand motions, etc. Why is this different? Because the guy is disabled? 

This is seriously the hairsplitting you're going to do?

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This is seriously the hairsplitting you're going to do?

It's not hairsplitting. I detest mockery/imitating of any kind. I don't care whether the person is disabled or not. They can't control their disability, in the same way that you may not be able to control the way your voice sounds.

Yes, it angers me when people act tenderhearted/sorry for disabled on the basis of merely being disabled. Stand up for the disabled and non disabled likewise. Let's not ostracize.  

I would love it if we called people out on TV every time they imitate Trump, for example. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

It's not hairsplitting. I detest mockery/imitating of any kind. I don't care whether the person is disabled or not. They can't control their disability, in the same way that you may not be able to control the way your voice sounds.

Yes, it angers me when people act tenderhearted/sorry for disabled on the basis of merely being disabled. Stand up for the disabled and non disabled likewise. Let's not ostracize.  

Yes it is.  It was mockery.  Imitation does not necessary come attached with any malice, ridicule, or derision.  Mockery does.  You cannot watch him doing that and believe that was simply imitation.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes it is.  It was mockery.  Imitation does not necessary come attached with any malice, ridicule, or derision.  Mockery does.  You cannot watch him doing that and believe that was simply imitation.

Even if it is mockery, do you understand my point though? Being disabled is out of one's control. In no circumstances should it be mocked. In the same way, the way one's voice sounds or the way one looks (for the most part), is out of one's control as well. No group warrants compassion more than the other IMO. What's so bad about my feelings towards this? Trump should have been called out for the mockery, but damnit let's be consistent when we do it and blur political affiliation. I think it's wrong when people mock him. But you won't hear Homer complain about that. 

21 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I support your disdain for mockery/imitations, but let's be consistent when calling people out, otherwise you're doing nothing more than isolating the disabled merely because, well they're disabled. 

Wow. There is no low that the Trump cult won’t sink too. So now we don’t need to leave disabled people out of mockery?  Unreal.

Just now, GiveEmElle said:

Wow. There is no low that the Trump cult won’t sink too. So now we don’t need to leave disabled people out of mockery?  Unreal.

What? That's not what I am saying AT ALL. I'm saying that mockery/imitation in jest of any kind is unacceptable, whether one is disabled or not. We should not separate it based on whether one is disabled. I said Trump was wrong for doing that. It's sick. I detest it for what it is though, not because the person being mocked/imitated was disabled. Disabled and non-disabled people deserve equal dignity. My point is that there seems to be an inconsistency based on a political dividing line, and that's wrong. Is it ok for people to mock the President? Was it ok for people to mock Obama? It's the same thing. The presence of specific categorical physical condition shouldn't be the factor that warrants disdain.  

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

The only thing that gives me comfort in this is knowing that social media will be a record of those who were on the wrong side of history. 

Think of the potential documentaries.  ;)

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

That is so typical of you.  :no:

Even if it is mockery, do you understand my point though? Being disabled is out of one's control. In no circumstances should it be mocked. In the same way, the way one's voice sounds or the way one looks (for the most part), is out of one's control as well. No group warrants compassion more than the other IMO. What's so bad about my feelings towards this? Trump should have been called out for the mockery, but damnit let's be consistent when we do it and blur political affiliation. I think it's wrong when people mock him. But you won't hear Homer complain about that. 

Why should I complain when you are just digging yourself deeper?  :dunno:

What? That's not what I am saying AT ALL. I'm saying that mockery/imitation in jest of any kind is unacceptable, whether one is disabled or not. We should not separate it based on whether one is disabled. I said Trump was wrong for doing that. It's sick. I detest it for what it is though, not because the person being mocked/imitated was disabled. Disabled and non-disabled people deserve equal dignity. My point is that there seems to be an inconsistency based on a political dividing line, and that's wrong. Is it ok for people to mock the President? Was it ok for people to mock Obama? It's the same thing. The presence of specific categorical physical condition shouldn't be the factor that warrants disdain.  

:laugh: Deeper and deeper.

You should volunteer to defend child molesters with that attitude.  

Nola, it's ironic because I am the one who is normally trying to insist that things are far more complex than they seem.  But this is not one of those things.  This is a whole lot simpler that what you are trying to make of it. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

:laugh: Deeper and deeper.

You should volunteer to defend child molesters with that attitude.  

How am I digging myself deeper? What have I said that's so wrong?

Child molesters are entitled to counsel, bully. Once again, hurl insults like a child. Must give you an ego boost and be gratifying to refer to my personal career choice every day, poking fun at it, while sitting behind a computer screen. You're the only person on this thread that stoops to the level of bullying one's career choice . Can't say I would expect that from a 68 year old. But then again, you're Mr. Internet tough guy, going after 20-something year olds life choices. What I say on here gives you zero insight to the type of legal work I have done or the type of attorney I will be one day. You've never read a single memo or brief that I've written. That shouldn't have to be said. Yes, others on here do similar things, but you take it too far at times. 

Call me names, disagree with me on here, but is it that hard to steer clear of one's personal life? Yes, I talk about the law a lot, probably too much. But that's not an invitation to say some of the things you say. It's cheap and uncalled for. If you cannot respect what I've said, then don't respond. 

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Nola, it's ironic because I am the one who is normally trying to insist that things are far more complex than they seem.  But this is not one of those things.  This is a whole lot simpler that what you are trying to make of it. 

This is not one of those things because it doesn't suit your position. 

21 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

If he was, he didn't take the opportunity to give that explanation when he refused to apologize for it:

If he was mocking Zac, why should he apologize? Here is his response: 

LEWANDOWSKI: Well, I’d love to address it, because my comment was specifically about Zac [Petkanas] trying to politicize the use of children as a political football in this discussion, because the law is very clear. When parents commit crimes by coming into this country, regardless of who their children are, they are separated because we are a nation of laws. That has never changed. This is a policy that is implemented under the Obama administration, and Congress can change this. But they’ve chosen not to do that.

And so it doesn’t matter to me if you come with one child or ten children, nobody wants to see their parents separated from their children. But the parents understand that by coming to this country illegally, they are committing a crime and there are consequences, just as there would be in any other country in the world. So let’s not make this about politicizing children. Let’s make it about the rules and the laws, and Congress has the ability to change that.

SMITH: But, to be clear, you were not speaking about the young girl with Down syndrome that was separated from her parents at the border?

LEWANDOWSKI: Look, I don’t know the young girl that Zac referenced. I was mocking Zac, a liberal, Democrat (sic) National Committee activist who is doing nothing but politicizing the issue of making an example of one particular child.

44 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

If he was mocking Zac, why should he apologize? Here is his response: 

LEWANDOWSKI: Well, I’d love to address it, because my comment was specifically about Zac [Petkanas] trying to politicize the use of children as a political football in this discussion, because the law is very clear. When parents commit crimes by coming into this country, regardless of who their children are, they are separated because we are a nation of laws. That has never changed. This is a policy that is implemented under the Obama administration, and Congress can change this. But they’ve chosen not to do that.

And so it doesn’t matter to me if you come with one child or ten children, nobody wants to see their parents separated from their children. But the parents understand that by coming to this country illegally, they are committing a crime and there are consequences, just as there would be in any other country in the world. So let’s not make this about politicizing children. Let’s make it about the rules and the laws, and Congress has the ability to change that.

SMITH: But, to be clear, you were not speaking about the young girl with Down syndrome that was separated from her parents at the border?

LEWANDOWSKI: Look, I don’t know the young girl that Zac referenced. I was mocking Zac, a liberal, Democrat (sic) National Committee activist who is doing nothing but politicizing the issue of making an example of one particular child.

Thanks. Hope the haters will take note but I seriously doubt it. They will spin it so they don't have to get the rotten egg off their face. See who goes first.

18 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

How am I digging myself deeper? What have I said that's so wrong?

Child molesters are entitled to counsel, bully. Once again, hurl insults like a child.

Irony.

You call me a bully, and accuse me of hurling insults when I didn't "hurl" a single insult.  

As for what is wrong, you rationalized Trump mocking a disabled person as a matter of "fairness" and then equated it to Trump impersonations.   That's twisted.

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Irony.

You call me a bully, and accuse me of hurling insults when I didn't "hurl" a single insult.  

As for what is wrong, you rationalized Trump mocking a disabled person as a matter of "fairness" and then equated it to Trump impersonations.   That's twisted.

You know what you did. We can move on. I should've just ignored it. 

No, I wasn't rationalizing Trump mocking a disabled person. That's a ridiculous assertion. Read what I said about it. 

20 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Why is this different? Because the guy is disabled? 

Yes.  You don't make fun of people's disabilities.  Find some other freaking way to make your point, especially if you're a candidate for public office.  I'm sure all of elders taught us better than these classless conservatives.

2 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Yes.  You don't make fun of people's disabilities.  Find some other freaking way to make your point, especially if you're a candidate for public office.  I'm sure all of elders taught us better than these classless conservatives.

You also don't make fun of people's looks, which includes disabilities. That's my take. 

Archived