President chickens out in front of his daddy

TitanTiger

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I wouldn’t have put it past him. It is not the first time he has chosen his words poorly. With that said, many others who “follow his story” come off as people who aren’t objective. What I mean is this: their positions don’t change - If Trump does it, it’s automatically condemnable. 

But he didn’t just “choose his words poorly,” he threw the US intelligence community under the bus to serve his own interests because he’s too ******* stupid to understand the difference in meddling and collusion. That and he completely beta’d in the presence of a superior. 

This wasn’t a poor choice of words - a case of getting tongue tied. It was selfish and irresponsible and a complete embarrassment to the office he holds.   

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Thank you, Tex. 

There’s so much news every day,  it’s hard to keep up with everything, but there have been times, especially year one, I thought actions made sense. I agreed with his support for the ISIS plan he asked Mattis to formulate .

Yeah yeah yeah, 91. I’m ready for your incoming wall of nonsense ad hominems about Dub being mean and hurting your fee fees, but before you post, consider this: THIS SUMMIT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ALLOWED TO HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE. He put himself in that position, glorified an honest to God autocrat over his own IC. 

For crying out loud, the best you can do is “THE MEDIA WOULD HAVE TWISTED HIS WORDS!” Well, guess what. They don’t need to be twisted. What happened today was shameful. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I think the word you’re looking for is “notable.”  It’s notable when Fox finally stops being Trump fangirls and actually criticizes him for the stupid s*** he does.  Like, “Lord Almighty if even *FOX* gets it why can’t PT get it through his cast iron cranium?”

Ehhh. Your insight on FOX would carry more weight if you also called out sources that generally criticize POTUS at every turn. I would assume your premise, which could otherwise be logical, resides around an intolerance for MSM political apologists. Sadly, it only cuts one way ;). Just something to consider. 

14 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Salty, is that Obama knew that if he didn't get buy-in from the Republicans, they'd exploit the s*** out of him doing the right thing for literally decades

Barry: " quit meddling"

Vlad: " Comrade I know nothing"

that is treason if Barry did nothing and knew it Dub.

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Barry: " quit meddling"

Vlad: " Comrade I know nothing"

that is treason if Barry did nothing and knew it Dub.

He wouldn’t. Without the Rs buying in, it would have been characterized as a cynical attempt to sway the election. 

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But he didn’t just “choose his words poorly,” he threw the US intelligence community under the bus to serve his own interests because he’s too ******* stupid to understand the difference in meddling and collusion. That and he completely beta’d in the presence of a superior. 

This wasn’t a poor choice of words - a case of getting tongue tied. It was selfish and irresponsible and a complete embarrassment to the office he holds.   

The semantic police are out in full force. Do y'all just need something to bitch about? My goodness. Sorry, next time I criticize Trump, I'll try to do better and satisfy y'alls arbitrary threshold of tolerable expressions of disdain. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

The semantic police are out in full force. Do y'all just need something to bitch about? My goodness. Sorry, next time I criticize Trump, I'll try to do better and satisfy y'alls arbitrary threshold of tolerable expressions of disdain. 

For crying out loud, what he did is not “choosing his word poorly,” Nola. There’s nothing arbitrary about our objection. You’re minimizing it. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

For crying out loud, what he did is not “choosing his word poorly,” Nola. There’s nothing arbitrary about our objection. You’re minimizing it. 

I'm not minimizing anything. Y'all are being over scrupulous. Next time I'll throw in "he's an incompetent a**hole," not because I believe it, but so I don't have to be notified with this petty nonsense 

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It’s not semantics.  Words mean things. Choosing one’s words poorly implies it was just a mistake - an oversight. An unintentional flub. You’re a damn law student Nola, quit acting like English is a second language and you’re struggling with idioms. 

It’s not semantics.  Words mean things. Choosing one’s words poorly implies it was just a mistake - an oversight. An unintentional flub. You’re a damn law student Nola, quit acting like English is a second language and you’re struggling with idioms. 

He chose his words poorly. He shouldn't have said the things he said. Now continue being a cry baby - that's what you're good at. 

Being a damn law student has nothing to do with being confronted with the petty BS. You're a damn joke. Come at me with something more substantive next time. 

He chose his words poorly. He shouldn't have said the things he said. Now continue being a cry baby - that's what you're good at. 

You could be one of the better conservative voices here and for some reason choose to squander it.  

Being a damn law student has nothing to do with being confronted with the petty BS. You're a damn joke. Come at me with something more substantive next time. 

Being a law student implies a certain education level that would lend itself to knowing that "choosing one's words poorly" is the understatement of the year.  It was more than that and you know it.  You're minimizing.

Nola, seriously, get your head out of your ass on this.  No one is expecting you to call Trump and a**hole and say you hate his guts.  Just show the integrity Brad seems to think you have.  The only words chosen poorly here are yours.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You could be one of the better conservative voices here and for some reason choose to squander it.

*sigh*

He truly could. From what I’ve seen, he is pretty sharp when he wants to be. Can only imagine he’s obfuscating.

Titan isn’t wrong, Nola. There’s a lot of potential in you to be so much better.

This is completely uncalled for. You're disputing the words I chose to criticize the man with. That's ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Being a law student implies a certain education level that would lend itself to knowing that "choosing one's words poorly" is the understatement of the year.  It was more than that and you know it.  You're minimizing.

I wrote one sentence. Get off my back about it. I'm sorry I didn't provide a full analysis along with it, informed by my higher education pursuits. My gosh dude. I'm not minimizing what he did nor am I defending it. You're being very petty about this. I'm shocked this is even worth your time. 

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Nola, seriously, get your head out of your ass on this.  No one is expecting you to call Trump and a**hole and say you hate his guts.  Just show the integrity Brad seems to think you have.  The only words chosen poorly here are yours.

Now my head is in my ass and you're questioning my integrity? I'm not minimizing anything. You just want a fight. If you had any further interest, you would have reached out to me like a civil, adult. The same goes for Dub. Instead y'all jump to conclusions and, like always, elbow jab my choice of education. Must make you feel good about yourself. Very cheap. I expect more. 

But you're never wrong. Go ahead and rebut. 

This is completely uncalled for. You're disputing the words I chose to criticize the man with. That's ridiculous. 

My statement wasn't just about this thread.  But this thread is indicative of what prompted it.

I wrote one sentence. Get off my back about it. I'm sorry I didn't provide a full analysis along with it, informed by my higher education pursuits. My gosh dude. I'm not minimizing what he did nor am I defending it. You're being very petty about this. I'm shocked this is even worth your time. 

Now my head is in my ass and you're questioning my integrity? I'm not minimizing anything. You just want a fight. If you had any further interest, you would have reached out to me like a civil, adult. The same goes for Dub. Instead y'all jump to conclusions and, like always, elbow jab my choice of education. Must make you feel good about yourself. Very cheap. I expect more. 

But you're never wrong. Go ahead and rebut. 

Nah, I'm good.  You've pretty much done my work for me.

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

*sigh*

He truly could. From what I’ve seen, he is pretty sharp when he wants to be. Can only imagine he’s obfuscating.

Titan isn’t wrong, Nola. There’s a lot of potential in you to be so much better.

OK Dub

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Instead y'all jump to conclusions and, like always, elbow jab my choice of education. 

If anything, we respect you for it. But as a result, we also expect more. Welcome to the world of your choice of words carrying weight. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

My statement wasn't just about this thread.  But this thread is indicative of what prompted it.

Nah, I'm good.  You've pretty much done my work for me.

Great. 

Just now, AUDub said:

we also expect more.

This is an outlet from studies, from law, from thinking like a law student (most of the time), from work, etc. If you expect me to put that much effort into this 100% of the time, I'm going to leave you disappointed. 

Tonight was petty and didn't move the needle. Just sleep on it. I said he chose his words poorly, and y'all blew up. C'mon. 

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

This is an outlet from studies, from law, from thinking like a law student (most of the time), from work, etc. If you expect me to put that much effort into this 100% of the time, I'm going to leave you disappointed. 

Tonight was petty and didn't move the needle. Just sleep on it. I said he chose his words poorly, and y'all blew up. C'mon. 

We didn't "blow up," we called you on it.  You're a big boy.

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

We don’t expect you to treat this like a full time job, lol. It’s a place for the exchange of ideas. But keep in mind, if you’re going to out yourself as a (future) lawyer, your words carry weight, whether you intended it or not. Same for me on the biomedical side when such discussions turn that way. 

We have a point and you almost certainly know that. Saying he chose his words poorly was itself a poor choice of words and you got called on it. 

Just now, AUDub said:

We don’t expect you to treat this like a full time job, lol. It’s a place for the exchange of ideas. But keep in mind, if you’re going to out yourself as a (future) lawyer, your words carry weight, whether you intended it or not. Same for me on the biomedical side when such discussions turn that way. 

This isn't a legal discussion though. Why don't I send you a legal writing that I've done and we can discuss that?  

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

We have a point and you almost certainly know that. Saying he chose his words poorly was itself a poor choice of words and you got called on it. 

No, y'all don't. Trump chose his words poorly. 

Saying Trump chose his words poorly is like saying Bill Clinton may have "exercised less than ideal judgment" in getting a blow job from a White House intern.  Or Hugh Freeze might have "hurt his testimony" in banging high priced call girls.

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

This isn't a legal discussion though. Why don't I send you a legal writing that I've done and we can discuss that? 

Because we aren’t judging your legal writing right now, but your thought processes in general, which we expect it to be coherent, (future) lawyer or no. The law stuff is how we know you’re not this dense. 

No, y'all don't. Trump chose his words poorly. 

The way you talk, he simply expressed valid ideas poorly, and that’s simply not the case. 

Archived