President chickens out in front of his daddy

TitanTiger

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I wasn't trying to bash you or anything.  I was just responding to Salty as to the (meaningful) distinction in the terms.

Understood. Thanks for decency. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Don’t have a brain spasm.

Brad summed it up pretty well. Also, good to see you piggy back off of the petty arguments of others. This is truly comical. Ironic that you jump on board after the fact.

I’m not defending him. In fact, I’ve said the exact opposite. Re-read, carefully. Use your teacher skills.

I don’t care what point it is that you never think I’ll get to. If it means that I will attain your line of thinking, then I want to stay as far below (or above) that line as possible - so maybe I care in some way?

Odd that I jump on board after the fact? I’m sorry I was late to the party but I’ve been in a workshop for the last two days. 

You excused his behavior by saying he spoke poorly. I’ll agree that his speech is poor. I’ve taught six year old children who were more effective communicators. But Trump said plain as day that he has no reason to not believe Putin. Now why would an American POTUS ever side with a foreign adversary over our own intelligence agencies? You aren’t stupid, you know this is evidence of something deeper than speaking poorly. Trump is beholden to Putin. Why remains to be seen.

21 hours ago, AUDub said:

“Trump spoke poorly”

He did. I actually think he admitted as much. Nothing new.

At some point, you'd think the left would think before arming him with more votes and strengthening his base. Just accept he does this weekly and move along. But no, the pseudo intellects don't get it. Amazing? Not really. 

17 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Odd that I jump on board after the fact? I’m sorry I was late to the party but I’ve been in a workshop for the last two days. 

You excused his behavior by saying he spoke poorly. I’ll agree that his speech is poor. I’ve taught six year old children who were more effective communicators. But Trump said plain as day that he has no reason to not believe Putin. Now why would an American POTUS ever side with a foreign adversary over our own intelligence agencies? You aren’t stupid, you know this is evidence of something deeper than speaking poorly. Trump is beholden to Putin. Why remains to be seen.

Elle, I didn’t excuse his behavior nor did I draw a line in the sand after my statement. That’s a false accusation. I even characterized what he said as indefensible. At no time did I purport or insinuate anything as a summation of my thoughts in order to minimize. I don’t know why everyone is blown away by what I said. Be bigger than the others in here and please just try to hear my side.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

He did. I actually think he admitted as much. Nothing new.

At some point, you'd think the left would think before arming him with more votes and strengthening his base. Just accept he does this weekly and move along. But no, the pseudo intellects don't get it. Amazing? Not really. 

Can you believe this nonsense? My goodness, it never ends with some of these people.

But they’ve done their job. They have it right. Russia meddled. Trump can’t bring himself to admit that, and just dismissed it at the behest of Vladimir Putin. 

Could be wrong, but I think he's admitted they meddled. No collusion. Different subjects.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Look, if he's admitting error, it's already progress.  These are lessons most of us learned at a young age, but better late than never.

I hear what you saying but isn't it  in our interest to know whether this recanting is a genuine policy change or position change. That matters to me. If he truly accepts the intelligence community assessment shouldn't the expectation be that he takes action to secure our systems and punish Russia for the attack? if not it seems he is recanting simply out of damage control. time will tell... 

No. Characterizing this as speaking poorly is laughable, Nola. You’re not that dense.

I agree with poorly speaking. Nothing new here. He is a horrible orator. 

21 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

No, I believe he's Team Trump.  If throwing our intelligence community under the bus suits his needs to show there was "no collusion", then he'll do it.  This was more about the Mueller investigation than election meddling because I don't believe he has the capacity to seperate that they are two different things.

So I watched with an open mind and not a partisan bias. One could easily argue he did not throw anyone, much less the IC under the bus. Don't get caught up in the noise. He is a horrible orator? Yes. 

21 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The fact that you're trying to call me out for not satisfying an arbitrary threshold of disdain-rhetoric is pure childish. Grow up. I expect more from you than this. 

I don't.

10 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I agree with poorly speaking. Nothing new here. He is a horrible orator. 

was he speaking poorly when he said Putin made strong defense that Russia didn't interfere. I mean he was using Putin as an example of why he felt there was no interference. 

13 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

I appreciate the lecture but really don’t give a damn. The man stood beside s foreign adversary and sided with him over our own intelligence agencies. And to me that’s not the worst thing he has done. Your life is most likely not affected by the decisions he makes, but mine is. So I really don’t care if you or the GOP crew here find me incapable of rational conversation because the behavior of this POTUS isn’t rational. Furthermore this is the snack talk forum. There’s another forum for serious dialogue and I’m quite certain I didn’t post there. 

:slapfh:

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Good point elle...this is "smack talk" and no one should mistake most comments for serious thought....mostly it is a battle of the witty and witless who seem convinced that they have superior knowledge and understanding and who rarely miss a chance to put it on display. 

Hope everyone has a good day.:)   

Well stated.

12 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

in pettiness,

Yep

30 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Can you believe this nonsense? My goodness, it never ends with some of these people.

Disappointing would be an understatement. Clearly lacking critical thought.  

22 minutes ago, shabby said:

was he speaking poorly when he said Putin made strong defense that Russia didn't interfere. I mean he was using Putin as an example of why he felt there was no interference. 

Did he do that? You sure?

49 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Elle, I didn’t excuse his behavior nor did I draw a line in the sand after my statement. That’s a false accusation. I even characterized what he said as indefensible. At no time did I purport or insinuate anything as a summation of my thoughts in order to minimize. I don’t know why everyone is blown away by what I said. Be bigger than the others in here and please just try to hear my side.

I’m sorry if I missed more of your commentary. I admit I haven’t read the entire thread so I haven’t seen the entirety of your responses. I’ve been in workshops and have only read responses to me. Just so we are clear- you are disturbed by the fact that Trump sided with Russia over the US intelligence agencies?

25 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Did he do that? You sure?

Um, yes. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Um, yes. 

LOL

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Trump is a narcissistic psychopath who's really not all that smart.

you are the very words you claim above. see you and your circle jerk buddies had a great conversation yapping about a twenty something today.

disgusting. 

Responses becoming far too predictable. Think about it. That is a problem. 

38 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Just so we are clear- you are disturbed by the fact that Trump sided with Russia over the US intelligence agencies?

I was thinking more in the vein of “disappointed” as opposed to “disturbed.” Though I do think one could objectively be disturbed with his comments. Russia will always be an adversary. They only get stronger if we get weaker. We, as a country, must always see that. I’m relieved he’s back-tracking on his comments. 

(To all the others, ask me to expound before inferring something I did not say, lest we engage in a petty puss fight againeeeeee)

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Trump is a narcissistic psychopath who's really not all that smart. 

Says the 68 year old who “gets it” and belittles and bullys a 20-something year old’s career choice daily.

Archived