President chickens out in front of his daddy

TitanTiger

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Even if it means tainting his own country's intelligence community and a Republican led Congress, right?

Each is pretty tainted without President Trump,  thanks to the Democratic media narrative since Nov. 9 2016 Brad.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I’m not defending Trump, I’m just in disagreement with the collateral conclusion being spawned left and right.

“Trump spoke poorly”

The above quote, lifted from you, is an absurd attempt to minimize this. 

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Even if it means tainting his own country's intelligence community and a Republican led Congress, right?

You don’t actually think he’s “team Russia.” I refuse to envision you wearing tin foil 

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Each is pretty tainted without President Trump,  thanks to the Democratic media narrative since Nov. 9 2016 Brad.

But they’ve done their job. They have it right. Russia meddled. Trump can’t bring himself to admit that, and just dismissed it at the behest of Vladimir Putin. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Are you kidding me????? 

No. Characterizing this as speaking poorly is laughable, Nola. You’re not that dense.

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You don’t actually think he’s “team Russia.” I refuse to envision you wearing tin foil 

No, I believe he's Team Trump.  If throwing our intelligence community under the bus suits his needs to show there was "no collusion", then he'll do it.  This was more about the Mueller investigation than election meddling because I don't believe he has the capacity to seperate that they are two different things.

Just now, AUDub said:

But they’ve done their job. They have it right. Russia meddled. Trump can’t bring himself to admit that, and just dismissed it at the behest of Vladimir Putin. 

and I agreed to that Ben. first swing of the bat. thing is he brought it to light. had hillary won the the election the entire deal would be non-issue. can you not grasp that.

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

@NolaAuTiger this is the tin foil hat you were looking for.  Apparently our intelligence community and a Republican led congress were tainted since election night.

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No. Characterizing this as speaking poorly is laughable, Nola. You’re not that dense.

The fact that you're trying to call me out for not satisfying an arbitrary threshold of disdain-rhetoric is pure childish. Grow up. I expect more from you than this. 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

and I agreed to that Ben. first swing of the bat. thing is he brought it to light. had hillary won the the election the entire deal would be non-issue. can you not grasp that.

No idea how she would have reacted. Hillary Clinton was known to be hawkish against Russia, which is why they didn’t want her in office. Obama sanctioned Russia before he left office. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

No idea how she would have reacted. Hillary Clinton was known to be hawkish against Russia, which is why they didn’t want her in office. Obama sanctioned Russia before he left office. 

There would have been no need for a reaction Ben. never been anything to react to.

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The fact that you're trying to call me out for not satisfying an arbitrary threshold of disdain-rhetoric is pure childish. Grow up. I expect more from you than this. 

Like Tex said:

“It was consistent with his rhetoric on Russia and Putin— that has always been an exception to putting America first.“

This should infuriate any American with any sense. He didn’t speak poorly. This is who he’s been all along. 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

There would have been no need for a reaction Ben. never been anything to react to.

Obama should have done more, but let’s not pretend his hands weren’t tied leading up to the election. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/15/629281975/fact-check-did-the-obama-administration-respond-to-election-interference-by-russ

MARTIN: The assumption in what President Trump is saying is that President Obama took no action after learning that the Russians were interfering in the election. Is that the case?

EWING: No, that's not quite correct. The Obama administration had a great deal of internal debate in real time in 2016 about how to respond - whether they should do so publicly or privately. Ultimately, President Obama did so privately with the Russian president Vladimir Putin. He took him aside at an international summit and said, please stop interfering in our election - to no effect.

And the Obama administration also tried to ask leaders in Congress of both parties to sign a statement condemning these foreign efforts. The Democratic leaders agreed to do so. The Republican speaker, Paul Ryan, apparently thought that he could get there, but the majority leader in the Senate, Mitch McConnell, did not agree to do that. And so, ultimately, there was no public statement until October of 2016, by which time, with the view of history, it may have been too late to do anything about it.

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Like Tex said:

“It was consistent with his rhetoric on Russia and Putin— that has always been an exception to putting America first.“

This should infuriate any American with any sense. He didn’t speak poorly. This is who he’s been all along. 

How petty. This is perhaps the silliest argument I have ever been confronted with on here. I didn't expect it to come from you. You can do better. 

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

He has misspoken before. I won’t argue with that.

(I’m not being snarky or witty) Is there anything he has done, in his capacity as Executive, that you condone? 

There have been, but I haven’t maintained a list. If I was more familiar with all the regulations, I suspect there are some I would agree with changing. I’m okay with reducing the corporate tax rate, but would have taken it to 25%. 

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

How petty. This is perhaps the silliest argument I have ever been confronted with on here. I didn't expect it to come from you. You can do better. 

I  find your attempts at shaming me laughable. You, again, have no idea of the gravity of what Trump did today. 

Just now, AUDub said:

I  find you’re attempts at shaming me laughable. You, again, have no idea of the gravity of what Trump did today. 

Ok Dub. Go get some sleep. 

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

There have been, but I haven’t maintained a list. If I was more familiar with all the regulations, I suspect there are some I would agree with changing. I’m okay with reducing the corporate tax rate, but would have taken it to 25%. 

Thank you, Tex. 

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Obama should have done more, but let’s not pretend his hands weren’t tied leading up to the election. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/15/629281975/fact-check-did-the-obama-administration-respond-to-election-interference-by-russ

MARTIN: The assumption in what President Trump is saying is that President Obama took no action after learning that the Russians were interfering in the election. Is that the case?

EWING: No, that's not quite correct. The Obama administration had a great deal of internal debate in real time in 2016 about how to respond - whether they should do so publicly or privately. Ultimately, President Obama did so privately with the Russian president Vladimir Putin. He took him aside at an international summit and said, please stop interfering in our election - to no effect.

And the Obama administration also tried to ask leaders in Congress of both parties to sign a statement condemning these foreign efforts. The Democratic leaders agreed to do so. The Republican speaker, Paul Ryan, apparently thought that he could get there, but the majority leader in the Senate, Mitch McConnell, did not agree to do that. And so, ultimately, there was no public statement until October of 2016, by which time, with the view of history, it may have been too late to do anything about it.

The point, Salty, is that Obama knew that if he didn't get buy-in from the Republicans, they'd exploit the s*** out of him doing the right thing for literally decades. Then McConnell refused to go along with Obama disclosing what they knew about Russian interference. 

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

feel sure that it would have been on CNN 24/7 Ben, like i said, no reaction needed.

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

feel sure that it would have been on CNN 24/7 Ben, like i said, no reaction needed.

Obama wouldn’t disclose, not without the Rs buying in. He wanted to. McConnell refused. 

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Thanks for keeping us up to speed. FOX is quotable when something is said against Trump. That’s comical.

EDIT: PT beat me to it!

I think the word you’re looking for is “notable.”  It’s notable when Fox finally stops being Trump fangirls and actually criticizes him for the stupid s*** he does.  Like, “Lord Almighty if even *FOX* gets it why can’t PT get it through his cast iron cranium?”

Was Trump wrong today? Absolutely. But I still see a rationale for why he said what he said........ Trump; like the media, always conflates the Russian meddling with the Mueller investigation of collusion.

Trump is willing to go so far as to still not fully admit that Russia meddled in our election because then the media can then turn it into "well Trump admitted that Russia meddled then that should also give validity to Mueller's investigation of the Trump campaign colluding with Russia". Anyone with an ounce of intellectually honesty should be able to admit that the media hate Trump so much that they would absolutely take Trump finally acknowledging Russia meddling and then run with it to validate Mueller's investigation which Trump  has always maintained is a witch hunt. The media love to take Trump's words and use them against him, even if he says something they agree with.

Trump knows if he gives an inch on the Russia stuff, then they'll try to take a mile from him and connect it to Russian collusion. That's why he's willing to shoot himself in the foot on a world stage in order to not give any credibility to the Mueller investigation. 

2 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Was Trump wrong today? Absolutely. But I still see a rationale for why he said what he said........ Trump; like the media, always conflates the Russian meddling with the Mueller investigation of collusion.

Trump is willing to go so far as to still not fully admit that Russia meddled in our election because then the media can then turn it into "well Trump admitted that Russia meddled then that should also give validity to Mueller's investigation of the Trump campaign colluding with Russia". Anyone with an ounce of intellectually honesty should be able to admit that the media hate Trump so much that they would absolutely take Trump finally acknowledging Russia meddling and then run with it to validate Mueller's investigation which Trump  has always maintained is a witch hunt. The media love to take Trump's words and use them against him, even if he says something they agree with.

Trump knows if he gives an inch on the Russia stuff, then they'll try to take a mile from him and connect it to Russian collusion. That's why he's willing to shoot himself in the foot on a world stage in order to not give any credibility to the Mueller investigation. 

Damn. That’s some grade A sophistry right there. 

Archived