Question

Bama My Heart

Saw this link on the LSU board about the SEC information. According to this...report I assume from the SEC, Alabama has 12 national championships. So why do people accuse Bama of making them up. If the SEC recognizes them surely it must be true.................right? Hey by the way they also recognize your national championship this year. If your 2004 is correct then our 12 must be. You can't have it both ways...huh.

http://www.answers.com/topic/southeastern-conference

Saw this link on the LSU board about the SEC information.  According to this...report I assume from the SEC, Alabama has 12 national championships.  So why do people accuse Bama of making them up.  If the SEC recognizes them surely it must be true.................right?  Hey by the way they also recognize your national championship this year.  If your 2004 is correct then our 12 must be.  You can't have it both ways...huh.

152747[/snapback]

It doesn't include all, or even most of the AU "national championships" as it does Bamas. Lingering remnants of the old SEC favoritism when Bama ruled the roost and could get away with anything. I'll bet you're missing those days. :P

Saw this link on the LSU board about the SEC information.  According to this...report I assume from the SEC, Alabama has 12 national championships.  So why do people accuse Bama of making them up.  If the SEC recognizes them surely it must be true.................right?  Hey by the way they also recognize your national championship this year.  If your 2004 is correct then our 12 must be.  You can't have it both ways...huh.

152747[/snapback]

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

152747[/snapback]

And you felt like you had to post this here because......?

We hear arguments from stuff like this alot from outside fans. Where do you see a thread "currently" that states y'all are making them up? I see none...maybe in the past, but as of right now, we have none.

Sheesh....talk about tacky :blink:

The difference between The Auburn Tigers and uat is that Auburn currently has one of the Best Football programs in America with the Best Coach in America(As voted by the "other" Coaches and just about every sports writer and publication in the Country). :D

I know that must be tough for you uaters to live with, but, live with it you must! :au:

p.s. Have a Safe and Happy Easter!

152747[/snapback]

We hear arguments from stuff like this alot from outside fans. Where do you see a thread "currently" that states y'all are making them up? I see none...maybe in the past, but as of right now, we have none.

Please explain to me how that was tacky? I posted it here because......? I thought Auburn fans would be interested in seeing where the SEC had ya'll listed as National Champions, and a lot of posts today made fun of you guys for having the rings that declared you as such. I have never insulted Auburn fans, and don't really appreciate this tacky business. I have seen on several forums and I know on the Auburn one where our 12 championships are questioned. Frankly this started out as just a friendly poke, but people can't do that with you guys. People can not even compliment you on a good season without you making fun of our team. Well as they say....every dog has his day, and believe me we will return.

Please explain to me how that was tacky?  I posted it here because......? I thought  Auburn fans would be interested in seeing where the SEC had ya'll listed as National Champions, and a lot of posts today made fun of you guys for having the rings that declared you as such.  I have never insulted Auburn fans, and don't really appreciate this tacky business.  I have seen on several forums and I know on the Auburn one where our 12 championships are questioned.  Frankly this started out as just a friendly poke, but people can't do that with you guys.  People can not even compliment you on a good season without you making fun of our team.  Well as they say....every dog has his day, and believe me we will return.

152763[/snapback]

Blah blah blah...

"I thought Auburn fans would be interested in seeing where the SEC had ya'll listed as National Champions"

Buddy, you didnt come across like that. You came across more like a bama fan who wanted to prove something whenever Auburn does fantastic.

Counting 'Bama's NC's is like counting the countries that Russia used to control as part of the Soviet Union; the Evil Empire has been defeated and all of that now is ancient history...

Don't we have 12 actual NC's and then all the "controversial" NC's (Ones that we don't claim) totals up to 17? I'm not 100% positive but that's what I'm thinking.

But yeah, seems like the guy was just trying to congratulate you on being recognized by National Champions, which not many people do, including me.

:poke:

^Cool smilie. :)

But yeah, seems like the guy was just trying to congratulate you on being recognized by National Champions, which not many people do, including me.

Let me get this straight....by reading:

"Saw this link on the LSU board about the SEC information. According to this...report I assume from the SEC, Alabama has 12 national championships. So why do people accuse Bama of making them up. If the SEC recognizes them surely it must be true.................right? Hey by the way they also recognize your national championship this year. If your 2004 is correct then our 12 must be. You can't have it both ways...huh."

Are you that stubborn? Or can I blame it on being another typical bama fan? What about....being dumb?

Geeze man, if your actually recognizing him "congratulating" us...then you are one blind fella. I dont even see the word "congratulate" in that whole damn paragraph.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Meh. Thanks for resorting to name calling.  :)

152786[/snapback]

No prob, someone had to call you on it.

I couldn't care less if bama has 50 NCs. Go talk about it on a bama board somewhere. All I need to know is:

Auburn 21-bama 13

P.S.--why is a Troy State lady using "our" when referring to bama NCs?? :big:

Meh. Thanks for resorting to name calling.  :)

152786[/snapback]

No prob, someone had to call you on it.

152800[/snapback]

I didn't expect any less...

152814[/snapback]

Was that supposed to make sense? If it was, you failed.

I didn't expect any less...

Im glad you didnt. You came on the board, went on a "reply" rampage to anything related to bama....and your getting shot down.

Coming on to this thread, and actually stating that guy was congratulating us? Give me a break......

I couldn't care less if bama has 50 NCs. Go talk about it on a bama board somewhere. All I need to know is:

Auburn 21-bama 13

152814[/snapback]

Hey, I know what you meant Proud Tiger. Remember I told you that I did my ungraduate work at Troy, and my masters at UA. So I love both schools. I must admit that when Troy has played Bama in baseball and basketball I have been for Troy, but if they ever play each other in football, I will have a big decision to make. I grew up in West Alabama, and have always been a big Bama fan, but went to Troy State, and now have moved back to Tuscaloosa. It hasn't been a problem yet to have loyalty to both schools, but it may get that way some day.

Just wanted to explain why I post for both schools. Please pass the word for me...I really was not trying to insult the Auburn fans when I posted that from the SEC board. I have never understood the National Championship lists, and why some questioned our(Bama) stating we have 12, if we don't why say we do. So that is why I posted it, and it also showed Auburn as national champion this year. All I had read all day was other fans making fun, and thought you guys would be interested.., but believe me I won't make that mistake again.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Please explain to me how that was tacky?  I posted it here because......? I thought  Auburn fans would be interested in seeing where the SEC had ya'll listed as National Champions, and a lot of posts today made fun of you guys for having the rings that declared you as such.  I have never insulted Auburn fans, and don't really appreciate this tacky business.  I have seen on several forums and I know on the Auburn one where our 12 championships are questioned.  Frankly this started out as just a friendly poke, but people can't do that with you guys.  People can not even compliment you on a good season without you making fun of our team.  Well as they say....every dog has his day, and believe me we will return.

You did not post it here because ofthe note about 2004. You said that as an afterthought, "By the way...". Your original post talks about the 12 national championships that are listed for your school. At least stop be disingenious when you defend your own actions.

152747[/snapback]

There was one posted that day 3-25-05 on the LSU board from an Auburn fan(AUfan 175).

To Quote:

There is not a team last year that could claim they were better than auburn. We went undefeated in the hardest conference and had more wins over top 10 teams than USC or Oklahoma.Their are plenty of schools that claim championships that they havent won for example bama.

152759[/snapback]

Poor uaters. Were this not sooooo sad, it would be funny. :blink::no:

Guest Tigrinum Major

There was one posted that day 3-25-05 on the LSU board from an Auburn fan(AUfan 175).

To Quote:

There is not a team last year that could claim they were better than auburn. We went undefeated in the hardest conference and had more wins over top 10 teams than USC or Oklahoma.Their are plenty of schools that claim championships that they havent won for example bama.

So, now, to prove your point (and I use the term loosely), you are referencing posts from an LSU board, by a poster that may or may not be a poster here. That is weak as an SEC football team's out of conference strength of schedule (or a PAC-10 conference SOS).

I tell you what, go find yourself a Bama board where you can post all you want about the 113 national championships that Bama is due with people who think like yourself. You can also revisit those memories about seeing a former coach at City Cafe' and wiping the turnip green juice off his chin. I suggest Tide Talk or Tider Insider. Crimson Tusks is too high class for ya.

To Quote:

So, now, to prove your point (and I use the term loosely), you are referencing posts from an LSU board, by a poster that may or may not be a poster here. That is weak as an SEC football team's out of conference strength of schedule (or a PAC-10 conference SOS).

I tell you what, go find yourself a Bama board where you can post all you want about the 113 national championships that Bama is due with people who think like yourself. You can also revisit those memories about seeing a former coach at City Cafe' and wiping the turnip green juice off his chin. I suggest Tide Talk or

Tider Insider. Crimson Tusks is too high class for ya.

153095[/snapback]

I truly do not understand why so many are attacking what I posted. Believe me, I truly was not making a serious poke at Auburn. I have never understood why Bama was questioned about 12 national championships, and I do not mean just by Auburn fans, but by several other fans. I was just pointing out this link(the SEC link) that I had seen earlier that day on the LSU board. I found it interesting that according to this link that it had listed exactly 12 championships. I was pointing this out on the Auburn site ONLY because it also listed the 2004 season as a National Championship for Auburn. Though you guys might find it interesting since you had taken so much flack that day about the rings and all. I did say "hey you can't have it both ways..huh". I guess I should have put a happy face or laughing face behind it to let you know it was a kidding poke, and not one to be insulting. You can look at any of the posts that I have ever made on this site, and I have never been insulting to Auburn or I have not intentionally meant to be. I see that maybe I may have been misinterpeted by some fans, and I am truly sorry for that, because it was not my intention. I enjoy this board and Tiger forums, because I like to see differences of opinions. On your own site such as Tide fans, its rather boring to see only good things about yourself. I like to see what other fans think.

Bama My Heart.......I think you have to understand the sensitivity here about bama's NCs. It usually gets to be a sore subject not because we really care but primarily because when we say anything about it on a bama board we get the same treatment you are getting here or worse. I can personally attest to that. I even posted what another bama fan said here on a bama board and still got chewed out........even though I attributed what I said to him. So it's just best to leave it alone and move on to another subject. :P

Archived