Do you have a Wal-Mart pet peeve?

Auburn85

I hate that they have all that space and they have to block even more with stuff in the middle of ther aisles. :angry:

I hate they have 100 checkouts and theres only 8 that are open :angry:

I hate being asked at every corner, "would you like to try a sample?" :angry:

I hate that people can't drive their buggies without killing someone. They will pull out in front of you in an ailse and look at you like it's your fault :angry:

I hate that you Can't park in numerous parking spaces due to buggies placed there because they're too lazy to make the 30 foot walk to the buggy holder. :angry:

Can't look for cereal because people are right over your shoulder trying to force you to move without saying "exuse me" :angry:

I hate that during the busiest time of year, only one line is used for CUSTOMER SERVICE :angry:

I hate that the people on the commercials aren't the ones working when you go in :angry:

I hate that elderly people have to take up the middle space. You can't go around them, and they are slower than turtles :angry:

I hate that obese people ride those little scooters around that beep when they're put in reverse. Some can walk if they wanted too. I see some get up and pick up items on a higher shelf, then they get back on their scooter and ride into the sunset :angry:

I hate that Wal-Mart is a magnet for Mexicans who don't want to speak English while they shop. They come in a truck with a camper on it, and 40 people get out :angry:

I hate that some of the toiletries is on the other side of the store :angry:

I hate that the official hairstyle in Wal-Mart is the mullet :angry:

I hate everytime I walk in or out of Wal Mart someones always asking for donations :angry:

I hate how traffic in the parking lot is backed up because some one has parked in the fire lane :angry:

Have any others to add? :blink::P

I hate everytime I walk in or out of Wal Mart someones always asking for donations

I always try to move quickly and avoid eye contact with the donation people but they are tenacious. If you really want to avoid them park around back by automotive and go in that way.

My #1 peeve w/ WM is:

They often have overpriced value sizes!!!!!! I think they do it on purpose for those who aren't real bright.

For instance (made up numbers here). A 100 ounce thing of detergent will be 4.75. The "bargain" sized 200 oz. will be 10.25.

This is extremely common in the WM's I go to. Often, I end up buying two smalls instead of one big one.

This is another thing I've noticed..... It seems they under stock the real name products, that way when they run out of the popular name brand, some will feel compelled to buy the Great Value product

But not me. I'll go somewhere ele to find the item

I just go to Target; the difference in atmosphere and other customers is night and day, like an Embassy Suites compared to a Super 8...

I just go to Target; the difference in atmosphere and other customers is night and day, like an Embassy Suites compared to a Super 8...

152933[/snapback]

I agree 100%!!!! Target is the anti-Wal Mart.

I avoid Wal-Mart like it were a leper colony.

152933[/snapback]

Yeah, but if you live out in the booney's you don't have that choice for now.

For those who know the geography of South Alabama, they are about to place a super wal mart between Opp and Andalusia :o . They are taking over the freaking world.

I am done with Wal-Mart...

My sister wrote a check at Wal-Mart and the cashier never put the check in her drawer at the end of the day. The cashier took the check, ordered more checks with it and my sister's bank account ended up being -$800!!!

So my pet peeve with Wal-Mart is,

THEY NEVER ASK FOR ID'S WHEN WRITING CHECKS!!! Not that it would have mattered in this situation but no one asks for ID's anymore when writing checks...

Oh, Wal Mart also said they could not do anything about it!! Typical.

How about the 500 decibel loudspeakers that the person on the PA system still yells into at the top of their lungs.

That's OK with me. Maybe all you whiney ass people will stay away so I have more room to shop.

Target is for the people who think they are better than anyone else. And Target never has anything a sportsman needs.

Checks are now electronically checked through a system. It is your responsibility to make sure the check goes in the drawer. Or better yet, don't use a check so that you don't hold the line up while you just happen to remember that you are writing a check AFTER the cashier finishes.

There are many rebuttals to all these issues. Many people have an enjoyable experience at Wal-mart. One just opened less than 2 miles from my subdivision. I'm in heaven.

Have a nice day. :D

Heck, I'm surprised anyone takes checks today.

And what I don't understand is that fewer and fewer places will take checks. The exuse you hear is that they get bad checks .

Well don't punish the whole country just because some bounce their checks. Put the name of the people who checks have bounced and don't take checks from them.

Don't punish me for other peoples mistakes or for intentionally trying to scheme.

You cant get any one to help you. A worker sees you walking towards them and they try to get away or say they dont work that area.

Target is for the people who think they are better than anyone else.

Yep...I like being able to check out in under 5 minutes and I like a clean store. Guilty as charged.

To paraphrase Charlie Babbitt from Rain Man..."Wal-Mart sucks".

When I go visit my mom, though, that's about it as far as the one-stop shopping places. It takes all of the energy I have to make myself go to Wally World with her because it's crowded, it's dingy and...did I mention it's crowded? Bleah...

The check issue is moot for me...only time I write a check anymore is for bills or pizza delivery.

If I have to go to a place like that, give me Target anytime.

My pet peeve with wally world is that they dont put prices on anything!!!!! So you have absolutely no idea what your bill is going ot be until after you check out!!!! good idea for execs bad idea for customers!

That's OK with me. Maybe all you whiney ass people will stay away so I have more room to shop.

Target is for the people who think they are better than anyone else. And Target never has anything a sportsman needs.

Checks are now electronically checked through a system. It is your responsibility to make sure the check goes in the drawer. Or better yet, don't use a check so that you don't hold the line up while you just happen to remember that you are writing a check AFTER the cashier finishes.

There are many rebuttals to all these issues. Many people have an enjoyable experience at Wal-mart. One just opened less than 2 miles from my subdivision. I'm in heaven.

Have a nice day. :D

153147[/snapback]

It was in the Portrait Studio where she wrote the check. She had some family pictures done and wrote a check for it and the girl never put it in the drawer. I don't know how your Wal-Mart is, but at ours you can't see over the counter in the potrait studio...And the girl who runs the Portrait Studio is a regular Wal Mart cashier, not someone hired by an outside company...

They only have one lane to buy tobacco products in. That's fair enough. If you want to buy tobacco products from another one you either have to get out and get in the "tobacco lane" or pay for non-tobacco products first, then get in the "tobacco lane". Again, fair enough. What irks me is that, although there are twenty other "non-tobacco lanes" available, customers are allowed to use the "tobacco lane" without buying any tobacco products making that line much longer for those of us who can't use the other lanes.

Not all Wal-Marts may be this way, but the ones I use are.

Given a choice between the two, I'll opt for Target every time. It's not that I feel better than other people for shopping there, it's that I feel like I'm getting better quality stuff for my money at Target. And the prices are not that different. In fact, I've actually gotten a better price at Target sometimes because of the competition. Plus the store is cleaner, better organized, has friendlier and more helpful staff...sorry, Target wins this competition hands down.

Given a choice between the two, I'll opt for Target every time.  It's not that I feel better than other people for shopping there, it's that I feel like I'm getting better quality stuff for my money at Target.  And the prices are not that different.  In fact, I've actually gotten a better price at Target sometimes because of the competition.  Plus the store is cleaner, better organized, has friendlier and more helpful staff...sorry, Target wins this competition hands down.

153253[/snapback]

What he said!!

I heard an interesting debate on talk radio the other day about Wal-Mart while driving to the beach. Now since I was driving and smoking cigarettes, I didn't take any notes, but the debate was on Wal-Marts coming into small towns and putting small businesses out-of-business, and generall lowering the overall wage level. Also, if Wal-Mart was it's own country, it would be a top-10 trading partner with China.

This thread also reminds me of a catchy courous to a once-popular song at the Flora-Bama. "There are no Wal-Marts in Afganistan, but there are plenty of Targets there"

The Self-Checkout Lane..

Folks say Wal-Mart drove all the small businesses out of Small Town, USA. Well great. Now WM lets go of their own people with these lanes..

Yes, it's great, but idiots in front of you don't understand how to use it.. The ones that do? They enjoy ringing up 40,000 items in three buggies.

And another thing. Little self-checkout lane, don't yell out "YOUR TOTAL IS FOOOUR-TEE ATE NINETY SIX!!" I don't want everyone else to know how much crap I bought there.

Well, from reading some of the posts here, I guess my pet peeve is having to wait on people in front of me that are stuck in the 20th century still writing paper checks. Who still writes checks? Hello?? 21st century is here people. Use your debit card and get out of my way! :big::lol:

Given a choice between the two, I'll opt for Target every time.  It's not that I feel better than other people for shopping there, it's that I feel like I'm getting better quality stuff for my money at Target.  And the prices are not that different.  In fact, I've actually gotten a better price at Target sometimes because of the competition.  Plus the store is cleaner, better organized, has friendlier and more helpful staff...sorry, Target wins this competition hands down.

153253[/snapback]

It's just a feeling. The quality is not any better. It's all made in China anyway. And of course you can get out Quicker, there is hardley anybody shopping there. I have both near me and I would not CHOOSE Target first. I only go there is Wal-mart is out of something. And then I choke on the price. Just because it all looks prettier, doesn't make it better. Besides, Targets customers are usually Wal-mart's leftovers.

And like I said earlier, if you are an outdoorsman, Target absolutely SUCKS. You might find a clearance item that compares to Wal-mart. But that's about it. I am a little biased though. Both the Walmarts near me are less than 2 years old. The closest one is only two months old.

SUPER WAL-MART FOR LIFE, BABY!!!!!

It's just a feeling. The quality is not any better. It's all made in China anyway. And of course you can get out Quicker, there is hardley anybody shopping there. I have both near me and I would not CHOOSE Target first. I only go there is Wal-mart is out of something. And then I choke on the price. Just because it all looks prettier, doesn't make it better. Besides, Targets customers are usually Wal-mart's leftovers.

You do realize that Target is growing faster than Wal-Mart, don't you? Those are some damn good leftovers.

Look, I'm not saying the quality difference is like the difference between a Kia and a Lexus. But there is a difference. The quality of many items seems better (it's all subjective anyway) and on things that require a modicum of style, Target has it all over WM.

And the price difference is not choke worthy. Hell, much of the time there is no difference. Just a couple of weeks ago, I needed to get a new coffeemaker. Just wanted a basic model. Wal-Mart's cheapest 12-cup coffeemaker was $24.99 (on sale from $29.99). Target had a basic Mr. Coffee for $17 (reg. $19.99). I realize that if you compare item for item, WM will be cheaper more often, but usually not by much and not enough to make me want to fight the crowds and navigate the nonsensical store layout.

And like I said earlier, if you are an outdoorsman, Target absolutely SUCKS. You might find a clearance item that compares to Wal-mart. But that's about it. I am a little biased though. Both the Walmarts near me are less than 2 years old. The closest one is only two months old.

Well, newer does affect things. And I'm not an outdoorsman per se. I don't hunt. I do go deep sea fishing once a year with my father in law. But if I were, I can understand going to WM instead.

i find this a fairly interesting debate.

a perspective from the pacific northwest.

first, wal-mart, which is fairly new to the pacific northwest, competes with target, fred meyer and bi-mart. typically, wal-mart is priced better than the mentioned with a few exceptions from time to time. the clientele of wal-mart is the same sterotyical remarks made by anyone who shops and then gets asked what type of people shop @ wal-mart; however, i believe everyone and their mother shops @ one of these stores since the stores are packed 24/7. since these mass merchant stores are few in numbers and not next to each other in the same town, people tend to choose the store closer to their home.

in the pnw, target and wal-mart carry similar food items, electronics, toileteries, cleaners and non-specific household items. all similar in price. i choose target when looking for an inexpensive table, tv stand or chair. for the most part quality is the same @ both stores. i guarantee 95 % of what you buy @ wal-mart can be purchased @ target. i would say target has bigger stores, accomodating aisles and overall cleaner.

wal-mart like all the discount stores are in the volume business. if you are looking for customer service then these are the stores to avoid. they pay staff to operate cash registers, manage the staff, stock shelves, handle customer returns and gather shopping carts. the staff isn't employed for customer service knowledge such as assisting in questions about how to fix the plugged drain. that is how they keep prices low. neither store, imo, has an edge in customer service.

my pet peeve @ wal-mart are the cash register personnel who place akward, weighty inventory control sensors on the pens.

My pet peeve with wally world is that they dont put prices on anything!!!!! So you have absolutely no idea what your bill is going ot be until after you check out!!!! good idea for execs bad idea for customers!

since when does any large grocery store (other than items in the meat cabinet, pastry bins or deli department) or mass merchant price individual items? it is a small invention called a bar code. that is one reason they keep items low in price. if you don't know how much you are spending @ a store, i feel for your spouse. the prices, with an exception or two, are on the shelve; however, i must say there are discrepencies in the cpu verses the price on the shelf. buyer be aware!

Archived