White House flag returns to full staff two days after McCain's death

homersapien

12 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

You're full of nonsense, complete nonsense.  There is no expansion to include "all", but only in your imagination there is.

Again, you keep stating that I said "all", I didn't, YOU did.  It doesn't matter the number, McCain's denigration was of fellow Arizonan Trump supporters, McCain's own voting base.  And Arizonans remember JM's colorful description of them.

Again, you're the idiot who keeps trying to put words in my mouth.

This part of the discussion with you started with you making this statement:

McCain chose to attack American voters, calling them "crazies", in reference to Trump voters. 

Then I corrected you to say the crazies are a subset of American voters.  McCain wasn't attacking American voters in general, just the crazies among them.  If that's what you meant the whole time, a simple reply of "I wasn't intending to say he was accusing all American voters" would have sufficed.  Instead you said this:

As usual, you continue to write fiction and attempt to spin what McCain was actually doing.  JM's comments were aimed squarely at Trump voters and were in direct reference to the Phoenix Trump rally and the Trump supporters, not some ethereal "subset of Americans", the euphemism you've chosen to cover for McCain's denigration of Trump supporters.  McCain chose to directly demean fellow Republican voters.  JM didn't like the fact that Trump was taking a tough stance on immigration issues as the forefront of his campaign, which JM continued to undermine in the conservative movement and the DJT campaign.  This stance was a direct threat to JM's 2016 campaign, as he, himself, stated: “This performance with our friend out in Phoenix is very hurtful to me”.  And so McCain chose to denigrate American voters, calling them "crazies" in order to protect his own candidacy.  McCain chose to attack fellow American voters in order to protect his own candidacy as he himself stated.

To any thinking human being with adult English skills, you're doubling down on the idea that McCain was making a much broader accusation with the "crazies" comment.  Because, again, if you never intended the broad overgeneralization I was accusing you of, the answer to me would have been much shorter than this senseless farrago of word vomit you posted instead.

What has really happened here is that you made a vague and overly generalized statement about McCain to make your animosity toward him and your justification of Trump being a petty ass appear more justified than it was.  When the error in your thinking, grammar or both was pointed out, you moved the goalposts and changed your argument.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

And the FBI would be receiving 100 times more fake information from those individuals who can/should perform due diligence and JM was more than capable.  McCain pursued a fake agenda against DJT.  He promoted fake intelligence.

That's just blatantly crazy.  No one who receives such information has the responsibility to evaluate it.  The very idea is laughable.

Their responsibility is to turn it over to the FBI.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

This part of the discussion with you started with you making this statement:

McCain chose to attack American voters, calling them "crazies", in reference to Trump voters. 

Then I corrected you to say the crazies are a subset of American voters.  McCain wasn't attacking American voters in general, just the crazies among them.  If that's what you meant the whole time, a simple reply of "I wasn't intending to say he was accusing all American voters" would have sufficed.  Instead you said this:

As usual, you continue to write fiction and attempt to spin what McCain was actually doing.  JM's comments were aimed squarely at Trump voters and were in direct reference to the Phoenix Trump rally and the Trump supporters, not some ethereal "subset of Americans", the euphemism you've chosen to cover for McCain's denigration of Trump supporters.  McCain chose to directly demean fellow Republican voters.  JM didn't like the fact that Trump was taking a tough stance on immigration issues as the forefront of his campaign, which JM continued to undermine in the conservative movement and the DJT campaign.  This stance was a direct threat to JM's 2016 campaign, as he, himself, stated: “This performance with our friend out in Phoenix is very hurtful to me”.  And so McCain chose to denigrate American voters, calling them "crazies" in order to protect his own candidacy.  McCain chose to attack fellow American voters in order to protect his own candidacy as he himself stated.

To any thinking human being with adult English skills, you're doubling down on the idea that McCain was making a much broader accusation with the "crazies" comment.  Because, again, if you never intended the broad overgeneralization I was accusing you of, the answer to me would have been much shorter than this senseless farrago of word vomit you posted instead.

What has really happened here is that you made a vague and overly generalized statement about McCain to make your animosity toward him and your justification of Trump being a petty ass appear more justified than it was.  When the error in your thinking, grammar or both was pointed out, you moved the goalposts and changed your argument.

The irony here is that ET - of all people - is the one trying to make the case all Trump voters aren't crazy.  ;D

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am with you and Mikey on the development thing. There are so many available avenues to express hate and division. Much more exposure now for the general public. I am with Mikey in that I rarely see it on a personnel level

You can sure see it personal here on a regular basis. Some can't seem to even make a post without personal insults.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

The irony here is that ET - of all people - is the one trying to make the case all Trump voters aren't crazy.  ;D

The irony is you actually believe what you just wrote. 90% of Republicans support Trump. Their all crazy? Dude. :no:

13 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

The irony is you actually believe what you just wrote. 90% of Republicans support Trump. Their all crazy? Dude. :no:

Most of them are just some combination of cynical and ignorant.  Others are just extreme authoritarians or racists.   But many are crazy.

It is ironic that it's PT who is making the case, for obvious reason.  So yes, I actually believe what I wrote.

And then there's this:

Pundits, overcompensating for how wrong they were in 2016, will note that a large number of Republicans are willing to believe truly insane things if it coincides with their support for Trump; that

74 percent of Republicans believed President Obama tapped the Trump campaign’s phones because he said so in a tweet (despite there being no evidence);

that 64 percent of Republicans didn’t believe Russians interfered in our election despite every U.S. intelligence agency reaching that conclusion.

They will point out that when President Trump took President Putin’s side over our intelligence agencies in Helsinki, 79 percent of Republicans approved of his performance;

that 52 percent of Republicans said they would support President Trump postponing the 2020 election to ensure “only eligible American citizens can vote.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republicans-are-ditching-trump-but-what-will-it-take-for-the-floodgates-to-truly-open?ref=home

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

that 52 percent of Republicans said they would support President Trump postponing the 2020 election to ensure “only eligible American citizens can vote.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republicans-are-ditching-trump-but-what-will-it-take-for-the-floodgates-to-truly-open?ref=home

Assuming the accuracy of the numbers - I'm curious how much further the statement in bold would be qualified by the alleged 52%

Edit: What I mean is, who are "eligible American citizens."

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

And then there's this:

Pundits, overcompensating for how wrong they were in 2016, will note that a large number of Republicans are willing to believe truly insane things if it coincides with their support for Trump; that

74 percent of Republicans believed President Obama tapped the Trump campaign’s phones because he said so in a tweet (despite there being no evidence);

that 64 percent of Republicans didn’t believe Russians interfered in our election despite every U.S. intelligence agency reaching that conclusion.

They will point out that when President Trump took President Putin’s side over our intelligence agencies in Helsinki, 79 percent of Republicans approved of his performance;

Fake news

11 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Assuming the accuracy of the numbers - I'm curious how much further the statement in bold would be qualified by the alleged 52%

Edit: What I mean is, who are "eligible American citizens."

I think the actual point was "postponing the 2020 election". :glare:

19 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Fake news

Yep fake news is CNN's BS such as their stubborn refusal to retract a story whose source is backing off it.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:31 AM, TitanTiger said:

Fixed for accuracy.

Nope

On 8/30/2018 at 10:42 AM, homersapien said:

You make my point.

Nope

Archived