2020 4* QB Robby Ashford

ellitor

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The recruiting services do. They need content. 

Frustrating. Almost as frustrating as following your favorite team on social and getting constantly bombarded with still shots of 3rd stringers engaged in indeterminate practice drills. 

D
G
A
F

But there's some social media coordinator whose job is literally to make sure that something- anything- is being fed out 24/7. 

Sorry. Slightly different model with the recruiting services. Same concept. Content, content, content. 

content quality is somewhere down the list of important characteristics for that stuff.....just post something...anything....but keep the clicks coming...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

content quality is somewhere down the list of important characteristics for that stuff.....just post something...anything....but keep the clicks coming...

Out of reactions but YES, exactly, thank you. 

On 1/11/2019 at 9:56 PM, twilli13 said:

Seems like a damn legitimate reason to question his ability to be a full time starter inbthe SEC, which is light years above any high school. to me. Do tell, good sir, the punchline to this epic joke that's going on in your head. 

I’mma be nice but  🤣

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The recruiting services do. They need content. 

Frustrating. Almost as frustrating as following your favorite team on social and getting constantly bombarded with still shots of 3rd stringers engaged in indeterminate practice drills. 

D
G
A
F

But there's some social media coordinator whose job is literally to make sure that something- anything- is being fed out 24/7. 

Sorry. Slightly different model with the recruiting services. Same concept. Content, content, content. 

To be fair, the kids love the exposure from the fans of multiple schools too. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I’mma be nice but  🤣

Are ya now? Whew. Thank goodness for my sake. Wouldnt want big bad aujeff coming at me. Lofl. 

1 minute ago, twilli13 said:

Are ya now? Whew. Thank goodness for my sake. Wouldnt want big bad aujeff coming at me. Lofl. 

Why I’d declare, I’d never!!!!

On 4/16/2019 at 9:20 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't think he ends up at AU. He does not have a comittable offer from AU right now. UGA got another QB. I believe AU won't take another QB this year and sets it sights on Vandergiff next year. Vandergiff is elite.

If this kid is elite, I would expect UGA to move hard on him, maybe  Clemson too. They both have snagged elite QBs out of GA. 

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

If this kid is elite, I would expect UGA to move hard on him, maybe  Clemson too. They both have snagged elite QBs out of GA. 

He's good, but far from elite.

• 4 weeks later...

I really think he is looking hard at Florida now. Personally with his attitude I hope we don't get him.

• 1 month later...

18 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Interesting.  Wonder if the flexibility they offered between football/baseball is why he chose there? 

Doubt it. Other football schools that have been interested in him dropped off. UGA did & Auburn dropped off/stopped recruiting him when Chip left.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I heard that Robby commuted to Ole Miss. Does anyone know if that's true.

Look up a few posts.

I think the coaches saw a few things I saw last year. It will be interesting to see how he does this year without a great supporting cast. Not a miss for us for sure. Although I will reiterate he is a great athlete just needs some big upgrades with his maturity which unfortunately may not be able to be fixed.   

21 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I heard that Robby commuted to Ole Miss. Does anyone know if that's true.

He did. Drove there AND back, that crazy son-of-a-gun........

13 hours ago, fredst said:

He did. Drove there AND back, that crazy son-of-a-gun........

Really got some thinking done, though. Had some Robby time. 

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Really got some thinking done, though. Had some Robby time. 

I knew I could count on my man, ‘Loof. Your post even cracked my wife up. Howl on!

I can’t imagine committing to Ole Miss right now...

Someone should steer this kid to a place like UCF or even a Big 12 school where they don’t play defense. He’s going to be like that one kid we recruited who went to Tennessee and just never panned out.

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I can’t imagine committing to Ole Miss right now...

Someone should steer this kid to a place like UCF or even a Big 12 school where they don’t play defense. He’s going to be like that one kid we recruited who went to Tennessee and just never panned out.

Ole Miss is not a bad place for a kid planning to play football & baseball. They have a good baseball program.

Archived