Why is uga only a 14 pt fav @ Mizzou ?

AURaptor

This one seems like such a sucker bet, from one who doesn't bet at all. Yeah, Mizzou is 3 and O, having eeked out a win against the might … Boilermakers ? 

They didn't beat OSU, or even Michigan. It's freaking Purdue. 

What gives ? 

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

This one seems like such a sucker bet, from one who doesn't bet at all. Yeah, Mizzou is 3 and O, having eeked out a win against the might … Boilermakers ? 

What gives ? 

good question....trying to balance the betting I guess...but UGA has  win over a very mediocre gamecock team and a couple of cupcakes.and it is at Mizzou...

But if I were a betting man I would take UGA and give the points....

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

What gives ? 

They seem to love Mizzou's QB......seemed to get lots of pre season hype................been a while......hope things are well Raptor?

31 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

They seem to love Mizzou's QB......seemed to get lots of pre season hype................been a while......hope things are well Raptor?

I thought about Mizzo's offense, and their QB, but honestly, 14 against UGA ? Columbia MO , at 11 am CST, isn't exactly Hell's Kitchen of the SEC. 

Thanks, things are well. 

WDE 

I can see this game being a shootout for a while until Georgia pulls away late because of a few defensive stops.  

Like 48-31 type of game.  That's only 17 points. 

8 hours ago, penguin149 said:

Almost feels like Mizzou peaked late last season....just don't seem to have that same flash now....

Hard to say, as they've not faced anyone yet. Their 3 opponents have 2 wins collectively. 

Playing at Columbia.  Mizzou's strength plays into UGA lesser strengths (I say it that way because UGA doesn't have a glaring weakness).  

I still don't see Mizzou keeping it that close.  The money must be fairly even because the line hasn't shifted much since it opened.  

Well Mizzou has moved the ball offensively so far but a fumbled reception on 3rd down returned for a TD and a missed FG isn't going to get it done. 

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Well Mizzou has moved the ball offensively so far but a fumbled reception on 3rd down returned for a TD and a missed FG isn't going to get it done. 

UGA’s score was a pretty poorly officiated play as well.

Must be same officials from our game last week. UGA getting away with holds and PI so far. Let’s see how Mizzou reacts. 

Good lord. Interception goes to Locke after he hits receiver right in the hands. Not beating UGA with plays like that.

Missouri making it easy for the dawgs...NO blocking on that punt....

Yea,  2TDs without their offense will not beat Georgia.  Otherwise they have been holding their own. 

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m still wondering how UGA is going to handle Fromm and Fields going forward. Who transfers?

somewhat like the bama "problem" and I think Fields is the one who survives the competition.  Not sure UGA is good enough to play 2 QBs just to keep both happy. :dunno: 

Mizzou receivers are not helping Lock at all.   But, in their defense, quite a few have been mugged by the UGA DBs  no call of course.   Easily would be called PI if it was Auburn.  

Meanwhile the Wake kicker has missed four FG efforts in the first half. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile the Wake kicker has missed four FG efforts in the first half. 

And he forgot to go on the field for the first one.  10 players including holder, all lined up and looking for the kicker.  Finally, he runs out at the last second and then missed the kick. ??

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

somewhat like the bama "problem" and I think Fields is the one who survives the competition.  Not sure UGA is good enough to play 2 QBs just to keep both happy. :dunno: 

Difference between Hurts and Fromm is that Fromm is sufficient passing the ball while having moxy. Hurts was not sufficient passing tbe ball and the QB competition wasn’t close to begin with (despite what Saban says.) How is UGA going to manage to take Fromm’s job away from him without pissing off a bunch of people. Even if Fields is just as sufficient passing the ball, only one of them has led them to the NC game. 

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Difference between Hurts and Fromm is that Fromm is sufficient passing the ball while having moxy. Hurts was not sufficient passing tbe ball and the QB competition wasn’t close to begin with (despite what Saban says.) How is UGA going to manage to take Fromm’s job away from him without pissing off a bunch of people. Even if Fields is just as sufficient passing the ball, only one of them has led them to the NC game. 

Making decisions like that is why the coaches make the big bucks.      Of course the dawgs 3rd QB is now in Seattle waiting his turn...so you never know. 

Archived