Conservatives Are Losing Their Minds Because Taylor Swift Backs A Democrat

homersapien

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Who is Taylor Swift and why should anyone care what she thinks about anything important.   I don't know any Reps who really care but it is disturbing that some Dems might be impressed by her endorsement and think it significant...  

image.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

She is an ex singer I think 64. Obviously @homersapien  holds her high regard or he would not be posting this crap. We have a man made hurricane coming at us that he should be studying.

had to evacuate my home today. glad we have gas and big fast trucks

Here's a good link for you, coast-dwelling brother:

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/164375-agw-update-for-head-in-sand-science-denying-trumpers/

28 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are so cold. Did not even tell me thoughts and prayers. I left home with 4 pompano fillets, 4 pieces of  fried chicken left over  from Saturdays tailgate, some grapes, two bananas . one apple, three Michelob Ultras, and $32 in my wallet.  I will not set up a GoFundMe account like Ford.

You are ruthless.  

55 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I mean, she has millions of voting age people that follow her on social media.  If she gets people to listen to a candidate's platform, then yes, it's significant.

c'mon...it that is true then this country is in worse shape than I ever imagined.   :-\     millions of voting age people....guess I would like to see some source for that however. . 

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are so cold. Did not even tell me thoughts and prayers. I left home with 4 pompano fillets, 4 pieces of  fried chicken left over  from Saturdays tailgate, some grapes, two bananas . one apple, three Michelob Ultras, and $32 in my wallet.  I will not set up a GoFundMe account like Ford.

You are ruthless.  

Hope you find safe refuge....but I am envious over the pompano fillets...….thoughts and prayers....truthfully.  Have a sister near Mobile but in a big condo which is built like a fortress so guess she will stay put. ..

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Hope you find safe refuge....but I am envious over the pompano fillets...….thoughts and prayers....truthfully.  Have a sister near Mobile but in a big condo which is built like a fortress so guess she will stay put. ..

Thanks 64. I think Mobile is be fine. We are in the projected landfall and surge. See what happens and deal with it. We are safe in Auburn. Pompano went on the grill this afternoon. Great that you know great fish.

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

c'mon...it that is true then this country is in worse shape than I ever imagined.   :-\     millions of voting age people....guess I would like to see some source for that however. . 

Dear Lord man.  Read this thread before commenting again.  Her message has already had an impact in getting people to vote, which was her primary intention.  Vote.org attributes her post to a sharp rise in registrants over the last day or two.  She's been around for a decade now.  The 11 year old that's liked her music for that long is now 21.  She's got 83M twitter followers, which is 30M more than the freaking President.  Yeah, lots of those folks can vote.

And y'all are some sad, sad people.  The girl basically said "here's how I'm voting, but it's most important that everyone votes based on their values.  Here's a link to go register since many of you are voting for the first time."  And y'all are still giving her crap.  Get over yourselves old people.  I don't even like her music but I can get behind anyone saying to exercise your right to vote.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dear Lord man.  Read this thread before commenting again.  Her message has already had an impact in getting people to vote, which was her primary intention.  Vote.org attributes her post to a sharp rise in registrants over the last day or two.  She's been around for a decade now.  The 11 year old that's liked her music for that long is now 21.  She's got 83M twitter followers, which is 30M more than the freaking President.  Yeah, lots of those folks can vote.

And y'all are some sad, sad people.  The girl basically said "here's how I'm voting, but it's most important that everyone votes based on their values.  Here's a link to go register since many of you are voting for the first time."  And y'all are still giving her crap.  Get over yourselves old people.  I don't even like her music but I can get behind anyone saying to exercise your right to vote.

gee..you sure are touchy.....

I know who she is which is why she is about the last person I would look to for advice.....but glad she is taking an interest in democracy but 83 million followers?    and once again....As for the rise in registrations.....my computer has been hit by "spam" from several sites, Zynga and others about registering to vote.....and nice of Vote. org to give her credit...

If that is how people get their information about political issue......from celebrities via twitter....   I stand by my comment that the country is in bad shape.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

gee..you sure are touchy.....

I know who she is which is why she is about the last person I would look to for advice.....but glad she is taking an interest in democracy but 83 million followers?    and once again....As for the rise in registrations.....my computer has been hit by "spam" from several sites, Zynga and others about registering to vote.....and nice of Vote. org to give her credit...

If that is how people get their information about political issue......from celebrities via twitter....   I stand by my comment that the country is in bad shape.

I'm touchy because I'm sick of y'alls "get off my lawn" attitude and acting like just because she's an entertainer, then who cares about her opinion. Sorry, its just as valuable in our country as yours or mine but she has the reach to influence people so she uses it (that 83M number is accurate).  Some of you guys just freaking comment without reading or doing a modicum of research first and it's infuriating.  Literally using a quick five minutes of your time would have given you more perspective on this before your first comment.

Go read her entire statement.  It's actually very well written.  You don't have to agree with her positions to at least agree that it's a good thing she's using her giant platform to encourage people to vote based on their own values.  She's specifically saying to vote based not on what she says, but what's important to you.  What the hell kind of country are we becoming when we belittle people of influence, no matter if it's entertainment or political, for encouraging folks to simply vote?

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm touchy because I'm sick of y'alls "get off my lawn" attitude and acting like just because she's an entertainer, then who cares about her opinion. Sorry, its just as valuable in our country as yours or mine but she has the reach to influence people so she uses it (that 83M number is accurate).  Some of you guys just freaking comment without reading or doing a modicum of research first and it's infuriating.  Literally using a quick five minutes of your time would have given you more perspective on this before your first comment.

Go read her entire statement.  It's actually very well written.  You don't have to agree with her positions to at least agree that it's a good thing she's using her giant platform to encourage people to vote based on their own values.  She's specifically saying to vote based not on what she says, but what's important to you.  What the hell kind of country are we becoming when we belittle people of influence, no matter if it's entertainment or political, for encouraging folks to simply vote?

Full circle...

615AA45F-A701-47A1-B6F5-C763645B6A34.png

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Who is Taylor Swift and why should anyone care what she thinks about anything important.   I don't know any Reps who really care but it is disturbing that some Dems might be impressed by her endorsement and think it significant...  

You ask “who is Taylor Swift” then say it’s dusturbing that Dems might be impressed by her. Sounds like you know who she is. But if you don’t, she’s someone whose Instagram post just spiked voter registration. I’m sure that disturbs Republicans. 

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm am sure lots of people care about her opinions ….just that I don't  

And maybe you are the one who did not read the linked piece....she was very political and blasted a dem candidate over a number of issues in what was described as a lengthy post.   .  "her record appalls and terrifies me" she writes .....which sound like a typical hysterical liberal spouting talking points from the DNC.  

This was blatantly partisan which is her right but please don't try to make it something otherwise and there is no reason for people to put any particular credence to her views just because she is a successful celeb.     

This was far more than some public service announcement …..and you are totally misrepresenting her in your hurry to make it seem like she just some good American hoping to encourage democracy among all citizens no matter what their views.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm am sure lots of people care about her opinions ….just that I don't  

And maybe you are the one who did not read the linked piece....she was very political and blasted a dem candidate over a number of issues in what was described as a lengthy post.   .  "her record appalls and terrifies me" she writes .....which sound like a typical hysterical liberal spouting talking points from the DNC.  

This was blatantly partisan which is her right but please don't try to make it something otherwise and there is no reason for people to put any particular credence to her views just because she is a successful celeb.     

This was far more than some public service announcement …..and you are totally misrepresenting her in your hurry to make it seem like she just some good American hoping to encourage democracy among all citizens no matter what their views.

Don't be dishonest and misrepresent my words.  When have I not said that she didn't express her opinion?  Here's my quote:

38 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The girl basically said "here's how I'm voting, but it's most important that everyone votes based on their values.  Here's a link to go register since many of you are voting for the first time."  

And again, after she made sure to say her opinion, here's her in her own words.  Pay real close attention to the bolded part (my emphasis):

"Please, please educate yourself on the candidates running in your state and vote based on who most closely represents your values. For a lot of us, we may never find a candidate or party with whom we agree 100% on every issue, but we have to vote anyway.  So many intelligent, thoughtful, self-possessed people have turned 18 in the past two years and now have the right and privilege to make their vote count. But first you need to register, which is quick and easy to do. October 9th is the LAST DAY to register to vote in the state of TN. Go to vote.org and you can find all the info. Happy Voting!"

6 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Good point! However, he was a very successful businessman before he  became a reality TV star.

Not really, the biggest money making things he ever did in his life were be born to Mister Trump and.declare bankruptcy about 7 times. 

4 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

All three of the authors on the Trump Tax Fraud piece are white. And Trump is orange.

Doesn't matter what color Trump is to you, didn't vote for the guy in round one and I won't in round two. I don't trust anyone that hired and defended Sarah Jeong when it come to news.

14 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Now, now. Do you believe the NY Times? At least he is  the type that doesn't give up and after getting knocked down, he gets back up and makes another effort Takes the American Taxpayer & Consumer for another $1BN in Writeoffs in Bankruptcies. I didn't  vote for Trump because he told  me, I voted against HC. I wouldn't base my vote on any sports star or celeb opinion.

FTFY.

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks 64. I think Mobile is be fine. We are in the projected landfall and surge. See what happens and deal with it. We are safe in Auburn. Pompano went on the grill this afternoon. Great that you know great fish.

You can hang with your hero @Proud Tiger

12 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Doesn't matter what color Trump is to you, didn't vote for the guy in round one and I won't in round two. I don't trust anyone that hired and defended Sarah Jeong when it come to news.

You’re correct. I don’t care about Trump’s color. I too, did not vote for him and will not in round two. That’s assuming that he is on the ballot. I suspect the GOP will unseat the incumbent and run Kasich instead. Funny how white people can only see racism when it’s directed at them. Any other time and it’s just playing a race card. 

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

You’re correct. I don’t care about Trump’s color. I too, did not vote for him and will not in round two. That’s assuming that he is on the ballot. I suspect the GOP will unseat the incumbent and run Kasich instead. Funny how white people can only see racism when it’s directed at them. Any other time and it’s just playing a race card. 

Funny how on this board I've called out a multitude of different racial issues involving multiple groups. Yet, the only response from certain individuals on this board are when someone mentions whites.

Black man throws Hispanic man onto subway tracks while using racial slur's ...... silence. Black woman beats 90 year old Hispanic man with brick while telling him to go back to Mexico...... silence. Hispanic man takes 16 year old kids hat, calls him a racial slur, throws drink in his face..... silence. White man tells Puerto Rican woman she can't wear a shirt with flag, no racial slur used...... start own separate thread about it. Point out obvious racism by NYT editor......told can only see racism directed at white people and lecture on race card.

Funny how individuals only see racism when it involves whites, the police, or Trump.

22 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Now, now. Do you believe the NY Times? At least he is  the type that doesn't give up and after getting knocked down, he gets back up and makes another effort.

The article Elle cites is very, very well sourced. The include copies of the relevant documentation. So yes, I challenge anyone to prove that story is inaccurate.

3 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Funny how on this board I've called out a multitude of different racial issues involving multiple groups. Yet, the only response from certain individuals on this board are when someone mentions whites.

Black man throws Hispanic man onto subway tracks while using racial slur's ...... silence. Black woman beats 90 year old Hispanic man with brick while telling him to go back to Mexico...... silence. Hispanic man takes 16 year old kids hat, calls him a racial slur, throws drink in his face..... silence. White man tells Puerto Rican woman she can't wear a shirt with flag, no racial slur used...... start own separate thread about it. Point out obvious racism by NYT editor......told can only see racism directed at white people and lecture on race card.

Funny how individuals only see racism when it involves whites, the police, or Trump.

In my defense I haven’t read all your posts calling out a multitude of racial issues. I was just responding to your post here that implied that Trump is unfairly treaated by the NYT because of an anti white agenda. 

4 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

In my defense I haven’t read all your posts calling out a multitude of racial issues. I was just responding to your post here that implied that Trump is unfairly treaated by the NYT because of an anti white agenda. 

Ya, there is always an excuse or a defense or a I don't know what your talking about around here.

I was also referring to all stories that include white males due to the remarks of Jeong. Things like needing to grovel underground like goblins due to the sun, the need for a white male castration lottery or several others that you can quickly and easily find on the net.

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Ya, there is always an excuse or a defense or a I don't know what your talking about around here.

I was also referring to all stories that include white males due to the remarks of Jeong. Things like needing to grovel underground like goblins due to the sun, the need for a white male castration lottery or several others that you can quickly and easily find on the net.

Look dude, I haven’t read your work. I’m sorry if that hurts, but it’s true. 

Jeong didn’t write the NYT piece on Trump’s tax fraud, three white people did. So dismissing its validity because a NYT reporter not involved in the piece tweeted racist tweets really doesn’t make sense. 

13 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Better me than your hero........Stormy Daniels

What you talkin bout Willis?  You sure about that???

Archived