Birth right citizenship

AuCivilEng1

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

Had an exchange with an acquaintance that went like this:

Her: You never give Trump credit for the good things he does.

Me: Alright, I’m willing to listen to you. What good things has he done?

Her: I don’t keep up with politics. 

Me: I do.

Then I explained why I was against this administration and their policies. 

She voted. But it bothers her more that I’m against her choice. The why I’m against her choice doesn’t matter.  

Well..hmmm. Economically, he kept the nation on a course of upward trajectory it has been on for the last 8 years. Yey! Such an accomplishment to not manage to wreck everything in 2 years. However, if he somehow manages to win in 2020, I'd be willing to bet anything, the 2024 election we will be talking about how wrecked our economy is. 

Other than that, he's done nothing but divide everyone and fan a nasty fire that was started when a black liberal became president. This guy sucks and history will undoubtedly show that. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well..hmmm. Economically, he kept the nation on a course of upward trajectory it has been on for the last 8 years. Yey! Such an accomplishment to not manage to wreck everything in 2 years. However, if he somehow manages to win in 2020, I'd be willing to bet anything, the 2024 election we will be talking about how wrecked our economy is. 

Other than that, he's done nothing but divide everyone and fan a nasty fire that was started when a black liberal became president. This guy sucks and history will undoubtedly show that. 

Maybe that's because you don't want to give him credit for anything else. There's lots more, some minor but a lot very notable. Perhaps the greatest for the long term is getting two new justices on the SCOTUS.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trumps-list-289-accomplishments-in-just-20-months-relentless-promise-keeping

I often say I'm a Trump supporter. That doesn't mean I'm wild about his personality and everything he says. But he is transparent or he couldn't be criticized so much. I do like him as POTUS and will vote for him again in 2020 if he runs. I wouldn't if I were him and put up with all the crap he has to for 4 more years.

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yes. I’m so proud he hasn’t tanked the economy that was on an upward trend. That definitely deserves an ATTABOY! 

56 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Maybe that's because you don't want to give him credit for anything else. There's lots more, some minor but a lot very notable. Perhaps the greatest for the long term is getting two new justices on the SCOTUS.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trumps-list-289-accomplishments-in-just-20-months-relentless-promise-keeping

I often say I'm a Trump supporter. That doesn't mean I'm wild about his personality and everything he says. But he is transparent or he couldn't be criticized so much. I do like him as POTUS and will vote for him again in 2020 if he runs. I wouldn't if I were him and put up with all the crap he has to for 4 more years.

Well Im certainly not going to call him doing his job by replacing justices an accomplishment. Especially Kavanagh. That wasn't his justice to replace it was stolen by Mitch McConnell. But I suppose if you're a conservative and don't  want the country to not move forward progressively, Trump is def effective at that.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well Im certainly not going to call him doing his job by replacing justices an accomplishment. Especially Kavanagh. That wasn't his justice to replace it was stolen by Mitch McConnell. But I suppose if you're a conservative and don't  want the country to not move forward progressively, Trump is def effective at that.

I am a conservative and very happy the way the country is progressing except for all the hate.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

I am a conservative and very happy the way the country is progressing except for all the hate.

Well. I guess one man's vision of progress is another man's vision of a plumit back into the 1920s.

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well. I guess one man's vision of progress is another man's vision of a plumit back into the 1920s.

I prefer to think positively and see no signs of such doom.

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Appointing a SCOTUS justice is not really a personal accomplishment - well except for maybe Obama. :rolleyes:

It's not like Trump created the opportunity.  He just happened to be there while they were open.

And even then he just went with the candidates recommended by the Federalist Society.

7 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That paragraph is worthy to be in future general history books.  :bow:

Interesting commentary on the interpretation of what the 14th Amendment allows from black history study site. 
The phrase and subject to the jurisdiction thereof indicates that there are some exceptions to the universal rule that birth on U.S. soil automatically grants citizenship. In the case of United States v. Wong Kim Ark, the Supreme Court ruled that a person born within the territorial boundaries of the United States is eligible for birthright citizenship regardless of the nationality of his or her parents. The only exceptions to this rule identified in Wong Kim Ark concern diplomats, enemy forces in hostile occupation of the United States or members of Native American tribes.
The distinction between "legal" and "illegal" immigrants was not clear at the time of the decision of Wong Kim Ark.  Neither in that decision, nor in any subsequent case, has the Supreme Court explicitly ruled on whether children born in the United States to illegal immigrant parents are entitled to birthright citizenship via the Amendment, although it has generally been assumed that they are. In some cases the Court has implicitly assumed, or suggested in dictaPlyler v. Doe. Nevertheless, some claim that Congress possesses the power to exclude such children from U.S. citizenship by legislation. 

Seems that despite all the uproar at his suggestion., DT is not the first politician to raise the issue and though SCOTUS has been asked to rule on some variations of the issue apparently it has not ruled on the intent of the amendment on that issue when it was passed.    At that point in time there were no "illegal" immigrants since the US was pretty  much open to whoever showed up at the borders and came in.   The concept of "illegal" arose when the US required immigrants to go through a process of acceptance which in recent decades has been ignored by a great many people.  
So....,maybe it is not unreasonable to examine the "intent" of those reconstruction amendments.   As some may recall, the 14th Amendment was the basis for the desegregation court case....Brown vs School Board....which overturned long standing interpretations of US law. 

There are several countries currently openly offering programs for a price on how to conceive while in the U.S. which currently makes their children eligible of  U.S. government entitlements.

Currently one out of every twelve births in the U.S is to illegals. There are an average of four million births a year in the U.S. So, there are over 330,000 birth right citizens  created every year.

13 minutes ago, WDavE said:

There are several countries currently openly offering programs for a price on how to conceive while in the U.S. which currently makes their children eligible of  U.S. government entitlements.

Currently one out of every twelve births in the U.S is to illegals. There are an average of four million births a year in the U.S. So, there are over 330,000 birth right citizens  created every year.

I read just recently there were over 400,000 in 2016 which amounted to 7% of the total. Whatever the numbers it is ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, WDavE said:

And since we can't separate children from their parents,     by default the illegal immigrant parents have about all the rights of a US birth citizen and it is almost impossible to send them back to their home countries. 

5 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Yeah, just like most stuff from the Washington Examiner.  :laugh:

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

And since we can't separate children from their parents,     by default the illegal immigrant parents have about all the rights of a US birth citizen and it is almost impossible to send them back to their home countries. 

This upcoming confrontation is going to get interesting. It could turn nasty.

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, just like most stuff from the Washington Examiner.  :laugh:

CNN or bust. :no:

20 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Sure.  But that doesn't change anything I said.  Why they are here or the process they are seeking to enter into doesn't change based on numbers.

Numbers being out of the norm do change how Fox and the President reference this thing. This is not a grassroots mass marching to the border. Feel sure they will be afforded the process but the entire things seems well organized.

A wise man once said " Do not piss on my leg and tell me it is raining"

14 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

CNN or bust. :no:

I don't watch CNN.  And apparently - at least according to PT - they don't have a much of an audience at all.  Certainly not one like the Washington Examiner - not to mention the respect:laugh:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-examiner/

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I don't watch CNN.  And apparently - at least according to PT - they don't have a much of an audience at all.  Certainly not one like the Washington Examiner - not to mention the respect:laugh:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-examiner/

i-lost-my-sippy-cup.jpg

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

It's not like Trump created the opportunity. 

Sure he did Brother Homer. He ran against some 16 other opponents in his own party. Proceeded to defeat "entitled to the presidency hillary". Many of us held our nose and voted Trump for no other reason than SC picks but in your mind we are "'stupid". Of course you and the media have done all you can to de- legitimize his presidency with the Russia BS.... The man has held held strong thus creating the opportunity. 

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

He just happened to be there while they were open.

He did not happen to be there. He was elected because the "ignorant" wanted him in office for the selections.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:31 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Sure, all 22 of them that wanted to make youtube video or recognition from Hannity. Everyone I know still have their Kuerig, Yeti, and shoes. Haven't heard of sole doing what what you describe. Bet you have not either.   

I bet she doesn’t know anyone in “antifa” either. Or any asshat disrupting a gop congressman while eating his chimichanga. 

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Numbers being out of the norm do change how Fox and the President reference this thing. This is not a grassroots mass marching to the border. Feel sure they will be afforded the process but the entire things seems well organized.

A wise man once said " Do not piss on my leg and tell me it is raining"

Yeah, I know all the tinfoil hat conspiracy mongering that passes for news on Fox and in Trump's head.  Doesn't mean I have to lower my IQ and buy into it.

Archived