SECCG 2018

AURaptor

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We hang out down at Litchfield part of the year...but most of the people  I know are transplanted Yankees and don't follow southern football.   I think the general area is gamecock country however..

I am in Beaufort, South Carolina.. it is gamecock country.. the most loyal fans I have ever met. I do like the Litchfield, Georgetown area.. very nice 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I am in Beaufort, South Carolina.. it is gamecock country.. the most loyal fans I have ever met. I do like the Litchfield, Georgetown area.. very nice 

😄   with not much to be loyal about either as far as football is concerned… got some long-suffering gamecock friends too

5 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Malzahn looks over at Kristi. "How could Kirby be so stupid to call that play?"

Kristi just smiles and nods her head.

Malzahn stares in disbelief. “What a great play call. If only Fields could execute.”

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Malzahn stares in disbelief. “What a great play call. If only Fields could execute.”

Actually not far from true. When Fields saw the defensive alignment, he should have called off the fake.

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Actually not far from true. When Fields saw the defensive alignment, he should have called off the fake.

Kirby is paid the big bucks to make the call. He failed.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Kirby is paid the big bucks to make the call. He failed.

True. In fairness to Fields, I don't know that KS gives him the ability to change plays. 

48 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I just hope Tua lost that Heisman which was supposedly already in hand...

Hurts is going to be awarded the 2017 Heisman retroactively and Tanga is going to get this year's.  Updykes gonna' figure out a way to bump the trophy totals again.

Commentator during the Ohio State game said “Alabama earned the right to not play Georgia again.”

🙄

6 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I am watching Clemson game and  Kirk Herbstreet (?)just said he believes Georgia will be in the 4th team in the playoffs.. smh 

If that happens the Big 12 and Big 10 will go nuts and you couldn’t blame them a 2 loss team should not pass a Conference champion.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Did you know it is possible to discuss something about football without getting snarky about Gus.....the cheap shots are getting tiresome.JMO

I did not know that, thank you!

3 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

If that happens the Big 12 and Big 10 will go nuts and you couldn’t blame them a 2 loss team should not pass a Conference champion.

It will not happen. You can’t put a 2 loss team that did not win the championship in the game over a 1 loss championship team. That will never happen. 

3 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

I actually believe we had a chance of getting in had we not lost to Clemson last year. 

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Commentator during the Ohio State game said “Alabama earned the right to not play Georgia again.”

🙄

sounds lame but really should any fan of ANY team be subjected to watching Bama-Thuga  3 times in less than a year?

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It will not happen. You can’t put a 2 loss team that did not win the championship in the game over a 1 loss championship team. That will never happen. 

Agree it should never happen.. i just couldn’t believe he said that. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I actually believe we had a chance of getting in had we not lost to Clemson last year. 

Doubtful- the optics of losing to UGA for the title (and a bad loss at that- only 7 pts scored by AU!) would likely have kept us out.

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

But, as Kirk said, it's not about conference champions.  It's about putting the four best teams in the playoffs.  I don't see Notre Dame, Oklahoma or Ohio State being better than Georgia. 

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I agree.  Until they expand the format, they really need to restrict it by requiring teams to win their conference championship.

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

🙄

Tell him 2012 LSU says hello.

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

But, as Kirk said, it's not about conference champions.  It's about putting the four best teams in the playoffs.  I don't see Notre Dame, Oklahoma or Ohio State being better than Georgia. 

That only works if the teams have the same record. He is an idiot. 

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Hopefully this year will show everyone why the playoffs need to be expanded to 6 or 8 teams.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I agree.  Until they expand the format, they really need to restrict it by requiring teams to win their conference championship.

You mean everybody except Bama and TOSU the 'special ones'

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Hopefully this year will show everyone why the playoffs need to be expanded to 6 or 8 teams.

6 teams doesn't help.  It may make it just as bad if not worse because 1 & 2 get byes.  8 teams is the way to go and it wouldn't add any more weeks than 6 teams. 

Archived