SECCG 2018

AURaptor

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

Grew up in Franklin Co. Left many moons ago. Wife is from Low Country of SC. She’s a Gamecock (yard chicken). She hates Clemson about as much as I think anyone could. 

Know any Bryant's? Wildcat Bridge rd. Variety

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Franklin Springs. Familiar?

Oh yeah. I've been in the construction, grading etc. around this area for years. Lived in Madison, and Clarke county from 86 to 2004. My Dad still lives in Winterville

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m just saying during actual games, early in the year especially, fans I know crapped on him, the boards crapped on him. I’m just saying what I have encountered. I live in a high % bama town and most of my family are bama fans. Again I’m just saying what I encountered while football was being played.

Maybe they were talking about his QB play relative to Tua? Like I said, Jalen’s deficiencies really showed up in the fourth after seeing Tua put up Godly numbers. He didn’t look nearly as dynamic. 

Overall, all I heard was aww he’s such a good sport. He could’ve quit his team like Kelly Bryant, blah blah. This fine man was 28-2 and look how he celebrates TDs with Tua blah blah.

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Know any Bryant's? Wildcat Bridge rd. Variety

Likely know all of them.

Been a while since I’ve been back. 2 years or so. Still have family in the area. 

12 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Related image

I was an Auburn fan there. Have always been one.  I have my reasons for going there. One of them was doing ROTC there. I’ve cleaned that stadium many times at 06 on Sunday Mornings. 

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

Likely know all of them.

Been a while since I’ve been back. 2 years or so. Still have family in the area. 

Pete Bryant's boys. All good friends of mine. Mr. Pete passed away a few years ago. Good people.

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Maybe they were talking about his QB play relative to Tua? Like I said, Jalen’s deficiencies really showed up in the fourth after seeing Tua put up Godly numbers. He didn’t look nearly as dynamic. 

Overall, all I heard was aww he’s such a good sport. He could’ve quit his team like Kelly Bryant, blah blah. This fine man was 28-2 and look how he celebrates TDs with Tua blah blah.

See I never saw much of that, a little on the boards, but almost everything I saw or heard was negative. People at work “jalen just doesn’t have it”, hell he sure had it for those last few drives didn’t he? (Talking about tonight), you can talk about talent, etc, all you want but jalen is a winner and a gamer.  I had family members his freshman season saying he was better than cam newton. Then quickly threw him under the bus when tua won the title. For me it’s been 90-10, 80-20 at best in terms of negative to positive comments, but that’s just my personal experience. My neighbor, who’s dad played for bear, would probably make me feel the same way even if nobody else ever said anything, with what he said week 1 lol

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Pete Bryant's boys. All good friends of mine. Mr. Pete passed away a few years ago. Good people.

Check your mailbox

15 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

What sucks, though, is that that idiot has taken our coach to the woodshed the last two times we’ve played them.

But.. Gus > Kirby in the idiot department.. actually on another level .. probably the highest level you can go on the idiot meter. 🤔

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

See I never saw much of that, a little on the boards, but almost everything I saw or heard was negative. People at work “jalen just doesn’t have it”, hell he sure had it for those last few drives didn’t he? (Talking about tonight), you can talk about talent, etc, all you want but jalen is a winner and a gamer.  I had family members his freshman season saying he was better than cam newton. Then quickly threw him under the bus when tua won the title. For me it’s been 90-10, 80-20 at best in terms of negative to positive comments, but that’s just my personal experience. My neighbor, who’s dad played for bear, would probably make me feel the same way even if nobody else ever said anything, with what he said week 1 lol

Some people are just little harsh on the players. Everybody knew Tua was tbe QB and some crazy people probably did say mean things because they probably felt Jalen could easily be discarded earlier on. You better believe their appreciation grew more and more once be announced he was going no where and with Tua continuing to go down. Overall though this is the legacy that will last:

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Some people are just little harsh on the players. Everybody knew Tua was tbe QB and some crazy people probably did say mean things because they probably felt Jalen could easily be discarded earlier on. You better believe their appreciation grew more and more once be announced he was going no where and with Tua continuing to go down. Overall though this is the legacy that will last:

Did that freakin' Updyke Rece Davis say the same thing about Kodi?  It's not like nobody's done it before.....

uat replaces their heisman front-runner QB with the previous season’s SEC POY who leads their team full of 5*’s to the SEC championship. What an unlikely story. 😂

Well..poor Kirby had the hopes of the entire free world riding on him today and he makes probably the worst coaching decision of 2018.

But folks at Oklahoma, Ohio State are probably giving thanks to him for letting them back into the race for the 4th slot in the playoffs.  

Clemson is in the process of destroying Pitt and ND is in...as is Bama......so Oklahoma and Ohio State are in a beauty contest to see who gets to play bama. 

13 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

But.. Gus > Kirby in the idiot department.. actually on another level .. probably the highest level you can go on the idiot meter. 🤔

Gus probably thought the fake punt was a good call, Fields just didn’t execute. 

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Did that freakin' Updyke Rece Davis say the same thing about Kodi?  It's not like nobody's done it before.....

Kodi ended up a fan favorite. I’d argue that Jalen has had more success at Bama but that’s not really the point. It’s not really a topic worth debate though.

I just hope Tua lost that Heisman which was supposedly already in hand...

42 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I am in the low country of South Carolina.. the Clemson fans down here are unbearable.. I have said before that they remind me of bama fans without the championships.. cant stand them. 

We hang out down at Litchfield part of the year...but most of the people  I know are transplanted Yankees and don't follow southern football.   I think the general area is gamecock country however..

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Gus probably thought the fake punt was a good call, Fields just didn’t execute. 

Did you know it is possible to discuss something about football without getting snarky about Gus.....the cheap shots are getting tiresome.JMO

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Kodi ended up a fan favorite. I’d argue that Jalen has had more success at Bama but that’s not really the point. It’s not really a topic worth debate though.

I just hope Tua lost that Heisman which was supposedly already in hand...

Depends how many have cast their vote already. All the other awards have sent out their voting surveys.

Just now, doug3020 said:

Depends how many have cast their vote already. All the other awards have sent out their voting surveys.

I read somewhere 10%.  May not be true. 

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We hang out down at Litchfield part of the year...but most of the people  I know are transplanted Yankees and don't follow southern football.   I think the general area is gamecock country however..

Wife is from Florence. We make it down to that area about once a year.  

Archived