SECCG 2018

AURaptor

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

6 teams doesn't help.  It may make it just as bad if not worse because 1 & 2 get byes.  8 teams is the way to go and it wouldn't add any more weeks than 6 teams. 

I agree that 8 is best, just saying either is better than 4.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That only works if the teams have the same record. He is an idiot. 

Yeah, but there is more to consider than records.  If records were the only consideration UCF would have been in last year and would be in this year. 

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Yeah, but there is more to consider than records.  If records were the only consideration UCF would have been in last year and would be in this year. 

If UGA gets in over either of the 12-1 conference champs then there is something wrong with the criteria they are using.

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

They are not a power 5 team. It they were a power 5 team with 1 loss and a conference champion they would get in over Uga this year. 

Uga had their shot. They lost. They have no reason to get in other than “ we didn’t lose as bad as others did to uat”. They are not a champion and they have 2 losses. 

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

If UGA gets in over either of the 12-1 conference champs then there is something wrong with the criteria they are using.

That's just it, being a conference champ is not a criteria. It is a consideration but is not necessarily a criteria.  

I think it should be bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Ohio State. If Notre Dame wants to play in the big game, then simply join a conference. Nobody else outside of Notre Dame thinks it’s neat that they’re not affiliated with a conference.

5 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I think it should be bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Ohio State. If Notre Dame wants to play in the big game, then simply join a conference. Nobody else outside of Notre Dame thinks it’s neat that they’re not affiliated with a conference.

If oh st wins, and they may not, you have to look at their entire body of work. They lost badly earlier in the season. I think they are left out. 

11 minutes ago, around4ever said:

That's just it, being a conference champ is not a criteria. It is a consideration but is not necessarily a criteria.  

ok Kirby

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

If oh st wins, and they may not, you have to look at their entire body of work. They lost badly earlier in the season. I think they are left out. 

Every Power 5 conference champ gets one mulligan. Clemson gets them, Bama has been doing it for years!! This isn't like the 1980s when Pat Dye never recovered from an early season loss to Texas (1983).

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

True, and Northwestern is playing them a lot tougher second half

16 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Ohio St may not win the Big 10. Nwestern is putting up a fight!

4 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Every Power 5 conference champ gets one mulligan. Clemson gets them, Bama has been doing it for years!! This isn't like the 1980s when Pat Dye never recovered from an early season loss to Texas (1983).

I don’t consider getting taken behind the woodshed a mulligan. Just like uga- they were dominated by an average team earlier this year. They didn’t just lose in the last minute. 

14 hours ago, doug3020 said:

Wife is from Florence. We make it down to that area about once a year.  

I've played Country Club of South Carolina located in Florence a few times

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I've played Country Club of South Carolina located in Florence a few times

Me too!

7 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I didn't realize Ringo Starr was a Bama fan.

I'm assuming he's got the credentials of most of the others..."watch every game on the tube", "drove by there once", "aunt's husband's uncle went to school there for a semester".

He seriously has the look of an Updyke.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 7:30 AM, PowerOfDixieland said:

I'm assuming he's got the credentials of most of the others..."watch every game on the tube", "drove by there once", "aunt's husband's uncle went to school there for a semester".

He seriously has the look of an Updyke.

Pretty much the same for most Auburn fans.

18 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Pretty much the same for most Auburn fans.

Not even close....not the same at all.  But as an inbred trailer park dweller and hounds tooth cult member, you just aren't smart enough to understand the difference. All you updykes look eerily similar. 

Archived