Men vs. Tennessee - Championship

WarTiger

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IronMan70 said:

That was one of the greatest halves of defensive basketball I have ever seen by ay team. FANTASTIC

we left several points on the floor,also.....i was hoping to keep it close today and maybe help with the seeding, but we can win this thing playing defense like this...MAC has got to stop trying play defense with his hands.....javon mccormick has earned his schollie ....never would i have thought that he would develope and play like he has the last part of the season....if we had been halfway decent shooting the 3ball, we would have unreal lead right now

Game not over though. Better come out focused. DO NOT want this game close at the end. I know that with all my heart

With all the turnovers, Auburn should be ahead by 30 points -- if they were shooting the ball better. One bright point is that Auburn is rebounding and is making some points in the paint. But ya gotta know the Vols will come out playing a lot tougher in the 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Me right now

sheldon-hyperventilating-big-bang-theory.gif

Most of us feel this way, I would think.  Hard not to be nervous.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Game not over though. Better come out focused. DO NOT want this game close at the end. I know that with all my heart

Exactly!  That's why we need to come out running and playing aggressive defense to wear them down. 

sonny made an interesting point during the game....he said UT's defensive plan was to focus on harper and that javon threw a wrench into that....now, that may be just a "sonnyism" because i don't see a huge difference in the type game that they play....it could have them to relax and lose a little focus

My hope is that Harper comes out in the second half, well rested, and just starts driving and kicking on them. Keep the ball moving, keep TN moving on defense, and I'm confident we can win this game. TN was looking gassed at the end of the half. Keep the intensity up!

Wondering if it’s the time to tell y’all I pushed record on the DVR after the 12 point lead and it’s never gotten larger than that...

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Wondering if it’s the time to tell y’all I pushed record on the DVR after the 12 point lead and it’s never gotten larger than that...

Better stop recording

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Better stop recording

If it gets below 5, I take full responsibility and will try to reverse the bad juju

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

If it gets any closer than 5 hit pause and leave it like that. 

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

sonny made an interesting point during the game....he said UT's defensive plan was to focus on harper and that javon threw a wrench into that....now, that may be just a "sonnyism" because i don't see a huge difference in the type game that they play....it could have them to relax and lose a little focus

Javon plays a more traditional PG role.  He's not as big of a threat to pull up from 26 feet and hit it.  That option for the deep 3 forces opposing defenses to come out further, this opening up dribble-drive lanes for Harper.  It's a slight difference, but significant in how you play against it.

i don't know if i could survive a run to a final 4.....yesterday was horrible on the nerves....today, i was prepared to lose, so i was not hyped up.....the next 20 minutes are going to be brutal

2nd half about to get underway.   Let's finish this TIGERS!!!   Don't let up.  Keep up the pressure and intensity.  Let's get this win.

Just now, doverstutts said:

i don't know if i could survive a run to a final 4.....yesterday was horrible on the nerves....today, i was prepared to lose, so i was not hyped up.....the next 20 minutes are going to be brutal

Welcome to having success in Basketball. It's been too damn long! 

Their game plan wasn't to focus on Harper it was more attack Harper on both sides. Attack the goal get him in foul trouble make him play defense, and on the other side attack him and pressure him and make him make a move as opposed to wait for him to

Archived