Men vs. North Carolina game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harper and Brown with 5 missed threes so far. We need them to hit about 5 in the second half. Really impressed with our bigs so far

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

The big white guy for NC has committed about a dozen fouls so far. Two called. I guess 2 for 12 ain't bad.

Yeah, it's amazing how Harper doesn't touch the guy on his 2nd foul and this guy bodies up everybody under the basket.  Come on refs call it both ways. 

i don't know how this one will end, but the one thing that makes me happy is that we have a legitimate, for real basketball program.....they ran with UNC and kept running

Told my youngest that Auburn would have to be damn-near perfect because they were not going to get anything from the officials tonight.

5-20 from 3 pt-range, just three FTs to UNC's 12, yet they boys are up 41-39.  Damn impressive.

Wasted trips down the floor with the lead are magnified in a game like this, so hopefully they can take advantage of those opportunities to extend the lead when presented with them.  

As an aside, I also told him that White for UNC was going to throw up a ton of "trash" ... and he's been true-to-form.  I've never been impressed with what I've seen of him, and I think he's hurt UNC more than he's helped them thus far.  Hope that continues!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Told my youngest that Auburn would have to be damn-near perfect because they were not going to get anything from the officials tonight.

5-20 from 3 pt-range, just three FTs to UNC's 12, yet they boys are up 41-39.  Damn impressive.

Wasted trips down the floor with the lead are magnified in a game like this, so hopefully they can take advantage of those opportunities to extend the lead when presented with them.  

As an aside, I also told him that White for UNC was going to throw up a ton of "trash" ... and he's been true-to-form.  I've never been impressed with what I've seen of him, and I think he's hurt UNC more than he's helped them thus far.  Hope that continues!

White is an NBA caliber flopper.  

What a diamond in the rough McCormick has turned out to be. If Brown and Harper will join the party, we have another chance for a comfortable win.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

sports officials should undergo polygraph test on a regular basis....sonny said it is the same official making the bad calls and not calling the fouls on UNC thats right in front of him

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Our fans complaining about fouls. Their fans complaining about fouls. Tis is basketball.

Our fans complaining about non fouls. ;)

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Our fans complaining about fouls. Their fans complaining about fouls. Tis is basketball.

Hahaha!  How can they complain about fouls when we didn't even get to the bonus.  There were at least 5 uncalled fouls. 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

And his hair is stupid. 😂

I can't help but thinking he'd fit in real well in Tuscaloosa. Ever seen the hairstyles on some of those Gumps?

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Hahaha!  How can they complain about fouls when we didn't even get to the bonus.  There were at least 5 uncalled fouls. 

Saying their PG is getting hacked lol

I just think it is funny from both sides.

I think we surprised some of the players with our speed to the boards.  We hustled.  I think UNC will come out with a bit more energy in 2nd half.  I would love for Harper and Brown to get a quick 3 to get them going.  We are going to need them to counter the increased energy by UNC. Great game so far. 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

I can't help but thinking he'd fit in real well in Tuscaloosa. Ever seen the hairstyles on some of those Gumps?

Hard not to miss them. I like the clean cut look but probably because I've been going bald since I was 17 and have to have it short so I'm jealous of people with hair that actually grows. 

Archived