Who You Pulling For Tonight

Proud Tiger

BLEEP BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP THIS BLEEEEPIN TEAM

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It would be remarkable save for HOW they were able to do that. 

IF I am being unbiased Purdie is the one who should of beat them the most. Up 3 with 5 seconds left. They made the CORRECT PLAY by fouling them. made the 1st missed the second. Rebound careens out to halfcourt. I STILL have no clue how they gathered got the ball inside the 3 point line and made a miracle shot all in 5 seconds. That still blows my mind. 

Well then it's official. AU is to the unofficial Nat'l Champs. Virginia's shinning moment. #doubledribblenocall

Not just our fan base feels this way. A lot of chatter out there about the end of our game. NCAA is a joke. Only will give a statement about the 3-point shot foul. Declined about the double dribble. Man up. Our coach and players did! Pathetic!

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Correction:  "Virginia and the refs won these games"

30 minutes ago, Kaiiu said:

Unbelievable.

WELP add this to the list. 

56 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Correction:  "Virginia and the refs won these games"

They are getting killed on twitter

5 hours ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Links?

Not a link but here's a hint of what's going on. 

D3rqLKiW4AAvdPf.jpeg

NCAA wants the redemption story to be what it's all about and not FBI wiretaps and scandal etc. I saw a professional bettor mention this is the reason why he put his money on UVA before the AU game.

I'm not usually one to buy in to these types of things although I did read the Tim Donaghy book. But the calls they benefited from have been ridiculous. They reviewed a freaking play where UVA defender clearly knocked it out. But they slowed it down to the point where you can see the ball grazed the TTU players hand on the way out -- this happens on most plays where it's knocked out of a player's hands. It's effing physics. But to try to go to that level seemed like they were trying anything possible to help UVA out. And how about when UVA tripped it's own player -- FOUL ON TTU. Gimme a damn break

17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

NCAA wants the redemption story to be what it's all about and not FBI wiretaps and scandal etc. I saw a professional bettor mention this is the reason why he put his money on UVA before the AU game.

I'm not usually one to buy in to these types of things although I did read the Tim Donaghy book. But the calls they benefited from have been ridiculous. They reviewed a freaking play where UVA defender clearly knocked it out. But they slowed it down to the point where you can see the ball grazed the TTU players hand on the way out -- this happens on most plays where it's knocked out of a player's hands. It's effing physics. But to try to go to that level seemed like they were trying anything possible to help UVA out. And how about when UVA tripped it's own player -- FOUL ON TTU. Gimme a damn break

I am fine with them taking time during those last minutes to get the call right . My issue is this should be done in every game. Why was there not a single call to review the double dribble? Why is there a freaking expert in the stadium who can cite that , but can’t be utilized in play stoppage to buzz in and say “hey, we need to review this because it is a possible double dribble?”

I don’t want to hear crap about the jersey tug because that is subjective and they let subjective stuff occur throughout the game. Even last night, when they ultimately over turned that last call, Kyle Guy completely slapped that guys wrist as clear as day during the slow mo, but that wasn’t mentioned. 

The inconsistency drives me crazy 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am fine with them taking time during those last minutes to get the call right . My issue is this should be done in every game. Why was there not a single call to review the double dribble? Why is there a freaking expert in the stadium who can cite that , but can’t be utilized in play stoppage to buzz in and say “hey, we need to review this because it is a possible double dribble?”

I don’t want to hear crap about the jersey tug because that is subjective and they let subjective stuff occur throughout the game. Even last night, when they ultimately over turned that last call, Kyle Guy completely slapped that guys wrist as clear as day during the slow mo, but that wasn’t mentioned. 

The inconsistency drives me crazy 

giphy.gif

refs got me like

giphy.gif

@DAG Also, on the out of bounds reversal...that is a slippery slope to me. Are they going to review that every time someone knocks it out? Everytime it happens in the last 2 minutes? Because what happened there, the video evidence shows that how they've been calling that particular play from the beginning of time is not accurate or cannot be assumed that the player who knocks the ball out of the ball handler's possession is the last one to touch the ball. What happens with that?

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

@DAG Also, on the out of bounds reversal...that is a slippery slope to me. Are they going to review that every time someone knocks it out? Everytime it happens in the last 2 minutes? Because what happened there, the video evidence shows that how they've been calling that particular play from the beginning of time is not accurate or cannot be assumed that the player who knocks the ball out of the ball handler's possession is the last one to touch the ball. What happens with that?

I would say the last couple of minutes is critical. So like the professionals , make it for the officials to review during an allot amount of time. It won’t make everyone happy but at this point , I would rather the right call get made during those last crucial moments , so at the very least, we won’t have to talk about the refs in the final couple of minutes. Unfortunately, at every level, I have given up with refs ever being consistent with calls. UVA can poke and pull all game long and it isn’t called, yet they call it great defense . Tech or Auburn does that and they are in the double bonus.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would say the last couple of minutes is critical. So like the professionals , make it for the officials to review during an allot amount of time. It won’t make everyone happy but at this point , I would rather the right call get made during those last crucial moments , so at the very least, we won’t have to talk about the refs in the final couple of minutes. Unfortunately, at every level, I have given up with refs ever being consistent with calls. UVA can poke and pull all game long and it isn’t called, yet they call it great defense . Tech or Auburn does that and they are in the double bonus.

I agree that I think that, bottom line, the call should be right. Particularly in the final 2 minutes. I'm all for eliminating as much of the direct influence a ref's inability to get it right has on a game, so I'm all for replay being utilized. Unfortunately I'm with you. I've pretty much given up on refs being consistent. I don't know if there's a way to fix it.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I agree that I think that, bottom line, the call should be right. Particularly in the final 2 minutes. I'm all for eliminating as much of the direct influence a ref's inability to get it right has on a game, so I'm all for replay being utilized. Unfortunately I'm with you. I've pretty much given up on refs being consistent. I don't know if there's a way to fix it.

It’s the same thing in terms of pass interference you know? It’s like some games they let teams be physical and others they don’t. I think though in terms of basketball, both at the collegiate and professional level, refs do have a hand in controlling the flow of a game. It is painfully obvious at the professional level.

Auburn University is the People's Champ this season. It's just a shame it doesn't come with hardware!

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s the same thing in terms of pass interference you know? It’s like some games they let teams be physical and others they don’t. I think though in terms of basketball, both at the collegiate and professional level, refs do have a hand in controlling the flow of a game. It is painfully obvious at the professional level.

Oh yeah big time. 

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

IF I am being unbiased Purdie is the one who should of beat them the most.

I assume you mean besides us, since we actually beat them if one of the two refs make the double dribble call that’s right in front of them? 

21 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

97% of them probaly have never seen a actual bama basketball game in their life. 

Do they know what a basketball is?

Archived