Baseball vs bammer Game 2

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Rod just announced that the game will start at 8:30 Central.

Oh my.....gonna be closing in our my bedtime.....so who is pitching this game?  and is there really any chance of being able to finish it tonight?  

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Oh my.....gonna be closing in our my bedtime.....so who is pitching this game?  and is there really any chance of being able to finish it tonight?  

come on old fart:poke:tough it out

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not positive....but I think Brooks Fuller could be the starter tonight. 

Hopefully this game won't head into extra innings. 

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

come on old fart:poke:tough it out

I'm making a big pot of fresh coffee.......64 needs to do the same thing! 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm making a big pot of fresh coffee.......64 needs to do the same thing! 

coffee :eek2: beer beer........................j/k

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Just speaking with my son in Auburn. Looking like a window to get it in. 

16 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:
20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm making a big pot of fresh coffee.....

Coffee? I intend on putting the wife to bed and enjoy a ball game without her asking me why I am getting another beer.

She is watching Hallmark now which means sleep for her coming soon 

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

coffee :eek2: beer beer........................j/k

Beer drinkin' makes people sleepy.  We need to be prepared for a long night....

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Coffee? I intend on putting the wife to bed and enjoy a ball game without her asking me why I am getting another beer.

Hallmark would make me pass out from boredom. Every show has the same cheesy plot. No wonder she's ready to sleep.

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I guess that will work out...watching "oh Brother where art thou"  and it should be over by game time...but if it's one of the typical 3 hour plus games, it's gonna be Sunday morning by the time it ends.     

Not a coffee drinker but a full strength has about the same punch I guess....

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I guess that will work out...watching "oh Brother where art thou"  and it should be over by game time...but if it's one of the typical 3 hour plus games, it's gonna be Sunday morning by the time it ends.     

Great movie!

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Great movie!

love the music....a movie is clever too. 

Just now, AU64 said:

love the music....a movie is clever too. 

Yeah the music is awesome. Man of Constant Sorrow is brilliant.

20 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Beer drinkin' makes people sleepy.  We need to be prepared for a long night....

I’m watching ‘Revenant’ to help me weather the delay. Cold water and Leo DiCaprio never seem to get along. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Serious, to late for me. I thought maybe they would agree to 2 seven innings tomorrow. Was the thing scheduled at 7:00 because of gradation today?

We had a big rain delay years ago versus Virginia that went well into the night. I met and spent some of time with John Grisham. His son played for Virginia. I went home during a rain delay. Got one of his books the wife bought for me and had him sign it.

Just watched a baseball movie based on one of his the other night called" Mickey." Little League stuff and entertaining 

9 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yeah the music is awesome. Man of Constant Sorrow is brilliant.

Yep...I grew up in the days not long after the period of the movie and it's not far from reality.  Plus the town in the movie could be any of fifty little southern towns that have a railroad running through it...lived in several of them and have driven through more than I can recall.

OK...movie is over and time to get ready for some baseball.

AND  BTW...did I really hear one of the announcers say that bama had a 7 game winning streak at Plainsman Park before our win last night?   That's hard to believe.:dunno:

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m watching ‘Revenant’ to help me weather the delay. Cold water and Leo DiCaprio never seem to get along. 

I've been clicking on way too many items from Nordstrom Rack and putting them in my cart. I'm about to check out now. I've done major damage to my budget!

49 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Hallmark would make me pass out from boredom. Every show has the same cheesy plot. No wonder she's ready to sleep.

but you have the kiss at the end

27 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I've been clicking on way too many items from Nordstrom Rack and putting them in my cart. I'm about to check out now. I've done major damage to my budget!

nice fashions and good pricing...one of my wife's favorites....

My gosh...Fuller off to a terrible start....can't find the plate and bama gets a free run via a walk with bases loaded....so bases still loaded and only one out. Fuller needs to get on target....would be bad for the staff to pull him in the first inning. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

nice fashions and good pricing...one of my wife's favorites....

I love it.....and I have 3 kids. My wallet just exploded.

Archived