Baseball vs bammer Game 2

5 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Having  pitchers who can't pitch really hurts

The pitching staff has been in an uproar all season. The injuries to all 3 starters at the same time has prevented any kind of stability from being established.  Things will improve if Tanner can get back in the rotation. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Another missed opportunity for Auburn. Probably won't get one like that again tonight. :(

That was a tough one. Lau’s DP ball is almost always a single to CF. The shortstop got lucky on where he was on that one. 

Ok, now I’m glad I stayed up for this one. 

Anybody have any idea why Woley was taken out? Fairly confident we get the double play if he were playing first in the ninth. Instead we had a freshman in there in a big pressure situation

As much as I hate that, this has got to be flushed right now. DO NOT lose another home series to UAT. You have got to come out and be the better team tomorrow. It just has to happen. 

6 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Anybody have any idea why Woley was taken out? Fairly confident we get the double play if he were playing first in the ninth. Instead we had a freshman in there in a big pressure situation

He got plunked on the left elbow and it looked pretty swollen. 

Sorry I missed the rally but by the time the game was lost it looks like I was well into my second hour of sleep.

JMO but seems one issue with the young pitchers is that most of them are just not ready to get down to business with the first batter or two they face......and are getting pulled before they get into a groove.  Fuller had a slow start and then settled down but just ran out of pitches.  

I know the coaches can't let the back-ups give up a bunch of runs and all of them are on a short leash but they are generally "gone" before they find the strike zone....or at least find the "umpire's strike zone" which is not the same thing. 

Tough game to lose....thanks for the commentary in the later innings...

Archived