Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

1 hour ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I have a law degree from USA Network's constant runnings of Law and Order earlier in the decade, so hopefully someone can answer this question: Is there a chance a jury isn't made aware of the additional incidents?  Could the defense claim that the additional citations are irrelevant to the manslaughter case and would only serve to prejudice the jury against him?  

The jury will know about it either way. 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I have a law degree from USA Network's constant runnings of Law and Order earlier in the decade, so hopefully someone can answer this question: Is there a chance a jury isn't made aware of the additional incidents?  Could the defense claim that the additional citations are irrelevant to the manslaughter case and would only serve to prejudice the jury against him?  

I mean, there's a chance of it - any decent defense lawyer would argue that. In the criminal trial, I'd give it a 50/50 shot of succeeding for that exact reason - it is prejudicial and not relevant to the MS charge. The prosecutor will argue it shows a pattern of recklessness and will serve to impeach his credibility that he fell asleep at the wheel. However, in this case I don't think that whether it is included or excluded will have much bearing on the case.

NOW...if there's a civil trial to recover damages, it is 100% gonna be in, and will be a force multiplier for the complainant. Something like that is liable to make the jury treble damages.

53 minutes ago, countoff said:

How many points are you assessed for killing two people because you were driving 90 mph high on pot?

Zero if he weren’t issued a citation. If he was charged with DUI controlled substance, his license can be suspended but only after having been found guilty. The laws are what they are. 

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

The parents must be loaded because this kid is driving on his parent’s insurance.  The speeding and possible DUI alone is enough to make rates sky high but multiple offenses plus a vehicular manslaughter charge almost makes this kids rates untouchable.  Has to be north 2-3k every 6 months if not more.  If the parents are in fact J&M related it’s also extremely bad for business.  Auburn people will steer clear of that place no matter the tradition.  Plenty of places to get books and Auburn stuff.

Well if they didn’t after he killed the parents, I don’t see why they would now. And if hes still driving around scot free, I doubt they’re hurting

Don’t have the emotions to go back and read the entire thread but simply can’t believe this kid is still out driving a vehicle! I mean, I simply can’t believe it!

14 hours ago, aubearcat said:

The laws are what they are. 

Precisely.  And that is why nobody has any respect for our legal system and we try to inflict justice through the media.  The media is more than willing to do this for us because they profit off our discontent.

And to the parents of the turd that killed the Brambletts.... Hey A......holes!!! You think maybe you should not let your kid (that killed two people while driving 90 MPH and high on pot) drive until he's older?  Like maybe when he's 90?  Or at least until he's 18?  Jez.... 

Welp..... I guess that's it everyone.  I just got banned from the board because I'm not PC.  I'm not PC so I probably just lost my driving privileges too.  Sigh..... 

All I can see in front of me are Shelby and Josh's precious faces...and the Burchams...those closest to it all, who are trying their best to pick up the pieces and walk one step at a time, with Christmas around the corner.  Let's all, who feel inclined, pray up one side and down the other for these precious four and all who are affected by the events of May which continue and, for a season, are justice-less.  

In His time, in His time...and protection for all involved until that time.  :comfort:

3 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

All I can see in front of me are Shelby and Josh's precious faces...and the Burchams...those closest to it all, who are trying their best to pick up the pieces and walk one step at a time, with Christmas around the corner.  Let's all, who feel inclined, pray up one side and down the other for these precious four and all who are affected by the events of May which continue and, for a season, are justice-less.  

In His time, in His time...and protection for all involved until that time.  :comfort:

Sigh...  You’re right of course. But I prefer getting angry at the enablers 

9 minutes ago, countoff said:

Sigh...  You’re right of course. But I prefer getting angry at the enablers 

It is REALLY hard not to.  I wouldn't say I've arrived.  It's wrong on so many levels.  The events of today hurt my heart even further.  I just can't stop seeing their faces.  

How does this guy still have a license and access to a car?      He's a danger to society and just noting a couple of his recent transgressions, it's fortunate that he has not killed someone else.   

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

How does this guy still have a license and access to a car?      He's a danger to society and just noting a couple of his recent transgressions, it's fortunate that he has not killed someone else.   

Keeping the innocent safe is no longer a priority of government.

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Keeping the innocent safe is no longer a priority of government.

One of the problems we have as a nation is we think the government should be more involved in our lives.  Safety should be a person’s responsibility, not the government.  Laws and the police are limited in their authority, so it’s up to us to be aware.  In this case it seems the parents are letting the government guide their actions and not taking the steps necessary to protect the general public.  Their thought process seems to be if the law has not taken the license away, he is allowed to drive.

We need to get back to personal responsibility, sorry too get political, so I’ll stop here.

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

One of the problems we have as a nation is we think the government should be more involved in our lives.  Safety should be a person’s responsibility, not the government.  Laws and the police are limited in their authority, so it’s up to us to be aware.  In this case it seems the parents are letting the government guide their actions and not taking the steps necessary to protect the general public.  Their thought process seems to be if the law has not taken the license away, he is allowed to drive.

We need to get back to personal responsibility, sorry to get political, so I’ll stop here.

I agree. Personal responsibility is essential to a safe society. In this case, neither the government nor the parents nor the individual causing the problems, are protecting the community. The community has every right to be livid at this complete failure of protection.

40 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

I agree. Personal responsibility is essential to a safe society. In this case, neither the government nor the parents nor the individual causing the problems, are protecting the community. The community has every right to be livid at this complete failure of protection.

When the government fails to protect citizens …..then vigilantism is the next step.    BUT parents ought to be ashamed ….and held accountable.   

Any of you folks with kids at Auburn. Tell em to stay the H%^& away from giving J&M Bookstore their business!

On 12/13/2019 at 1:49 PM, countoff said:

???  I smell a rat....There’s no way anyone (judge, police, parents) would let this kid drive. Whether or not he’s out on bond 

False news?

Just sounds like the world we live in now. No accountability for anyones bad behavior.

20 hours ago, auskip07 said:

makes you wonder what his driving record was before killing the Brambletts.      He is a chronic screwup   

screwup? More like sociopath or psychopath.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Safety should be a person’s responsibility, not the government.  

What should the Bramblett's have been doing that day to be more safe and not get killed by a psychopath? Should they have been driving a tank?

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

What should the Bramblett's have been doing that day to be more safe and not get killed by a psychopath? Should they have been driving a tank?

The discussion is about the young man still driving while committing traffic offenses to this day.  Accidents do happen, but when the cause of the accident can potentially cause more damage and goes unchecked, personal responsibility should rule the day.  I would guess civil suits will be coming soon.

Bottom line is the Bramblett’s were involved in an horrific accident through no fault of their own.  The focus now is on the cause of the accident.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

We need to get back to personal responsibility, sorry too get political, so I’ll stop here.

First of all, a drivers license is a privilege not a right!

In the case were speaking about, it’s kind of tough for innocent people to stay safe from a dope smoking, teenage nut that’s already killed two people, and continues to be a dope smoking, teenage nut.

If one is stopped at a red light, and a high on illegal drugs kid that has already killed two innocent people comes up and rear-ends and kills your entire family, because a judge continually and repeatedly let him have his drivers license and continue to drive?

That is not allowing the government to be too much in our lives. It’s asking that the government to do their freaking jobs!

2 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Any of you folks with kids at Auburn. Tell em to stay the H%^& away from giving J&M Bookstore their business!

Why 

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

If one is stopped at a red light, and a high on illegal drugs kid that has already killed two innocent people comes up and rear-ends and kills your entire family, because a judge continually and repeatedly let him have his drivers license and continue to drive?

That is not allowing the government to be too much in our lives. It’s asking that the government to do their freaking jobs!

The government, for whatever reason, has not revoked his driver’s license. This is where the parents have to take personal responsibility and not rely on the government to raise their kid.  They can not wait on the government to act, they need to take action now.  The parents need to stop the kid from driving, get him in a program and take responsibility here.

As drivers, we can only be a defensive driver to keep us safe.  The situation with the Bramblett’s was an accident, not even the best defensive driver could have prevented it.  That is not what I am talking about.  If your kid is exhibiting bad tendencies would you wait until the government has to step in or do something before hand to stop those tendencies?

In other words raise your kid, do not rely on the government to do it for you.  Your rules should be more restrictive than the government’s rules.

Archived