Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

O A News is wrong. As stated, he is a related to the family in some way but the J &  M principles are not his parents. 

OA News is NOT wrong! Johnston Edward Taylor, "JET", is most definitely a Johnston! Court record!! Principals... the principles of the matter are, it's none of our business and...we can't imagine what this unfortunate circumstance AND its continuance is doing to Auburn (the community beyond AU) itself,  much less. Discretion! 

Tell me, or please don't, how are these thread trails any kinder or better from the ones so many opine about during football season? These are real life issues...real people, victims and immature, misguided, no-more-need-be-said "cause agents"...whose lives and that of their families, not debatable performance results, are irrevocably changed. We so casually argue, pontificate, disregard, misquote, ...smh....unbelievable.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Do they own it or not? Are they in any way connected to it or not? If so, how so? These are questions that should have a definitive answer before talking about a boycott just because the kid's first name starts with a "J".

No one mandated a boycott. A couple of posters feel strongly about the most recent news, and as usual someone overreacted and caused a maelstrom of innuendo and confusion. You can Google J&M ownership and history. Original founders deceased, I believe. Yes, I grew up with the family. Of the teen and of J&M. And as I've shared before, I was part of a "Rod and Paula group date" to the Valley High Prom in 1984. This whole thing has hit close to home for me, but not even remotely NEAR as close as it has to others who will never be the same. Enough. 

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Obviously someone is

The Lee County District Attorney’s Office filed a motion Friday asking for Johnson Edward Taylor’s bond to be revoked. Lee County Judge Russell Bush will hear the motion filed by the office at 9 a.m. Wednesday, according to court records.

Typo. 

21 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

OA News is NOT wrong! Johnston Edward Taylor, "JET", is most definitely a Johnston’

THANK YOU. My God. I was getting so frustrated with this dude.

25 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

THANK YOU. My God. I was getting so frustrated with this dude.

How is seminary going? I remember being so excited to hear of your pursuit and have often wondered how everything was percolating! 

38 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

OA News is NOT wrong! Johnston Edward Taylor, "JET", is most definitely a Johnston!

They got it wrong today in spelling his first name. "Typo" is a direct quote. Said in my original response that he is related. 

My only point is that I do not feel the call for a "boycott" is warranted. 

Several posters have asked if the principles of J &M are the kids parents?  

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

How is seminary going? I remember being so excited to hear of your pursuit and have often wondered how everything was percolating! 

4 more months!!! Super excited as the church I grew up in (and go to school at) hired me.

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

4 more months!!! Super excited as the church I grew up in (and go to school at) hired me.

Fantastic! You will have to share more when you have a chance. If you build a prayer team for intercession, I'd love to be a part!

53 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

They got it wrong today in spelling his first name. "Typo" is a direct quote. Said in my original response that he is related. 

My only point is that I do not feel the call for a "boycott" is warranted. 

Several posters have asked if the principles of J &M are the kids parents?  

No, the PRINCIPALS are not his parents. I do remember you insisting that his name is Johnson and that the OA News got it wrong.

I also did not say YOU made the typo. Nor did I advocate the boycott.

Alexava asked "Why" or "I missed something" and the thread took its usual life of its own. 

On 12/14/2019 at 8:57 PM, alexava said:

I missed something?

This. His own answer to his earlier "Why." His inquiring mind wanted to know. 😉 It's a shame the clarity of my original, designed-to-be-helpful response wasn't clear enough, but that's not on me. 🤣🤨🦅🦋 I see why PTB skates in and out sometimes. 

On 12/14/2019 at 8:57 PM, alexava said:

I missed something?

giphy (3).gif

18 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

This. His own answer to his earlier "Why." His inquiring mind wanted to know. 😉 It's a shame the clarity of my original, designed-to-be-helpful response wasn't clear enough, but that's not on me. 🤣🤨🦅🦋 I see why PTB skates in and out sometimes. 

giphy (4).gif

So apparently there's some sort of vague connection to J&M bookstore that's not being made known in detail. It may be none of our business, but before anybody talks about boycotting J&M they better make it their business to have full and exact knowledge of what that connection is. Boycotting any business is a serious step, and to do so on partial or faulty information is irresponsible to the Nth degree.

9 hours ago, alexava said:

Damn, I guess this is all my fault?

These things are always greater than the sum of its parts. You had some help from all the "I won't boycott unless I can verify who owns it yada" opine-ions. They missed the point that there WAS no call to boycott save for an opinion or two of naturally frustrated observers who would like to see justice of some sort done in the wake of what looks like anything but. For now. 

The BEST thing any of us can do when speaking of real lives, livelihoods, legacies, and loss is pray that it will be...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28161073/loss-love-promise-kept-voice-auburn-football%3fplatform=amp

Whole picture:  workers of that store rely on that bookstore to provide income.  maybe we shouldnt punish them for a spoiled brats behavior. 

I doubt this kid who just killed 2 people and continues driving in that manner cares about a store he might be remotely related. 

20 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

These things are always greater than the sum of its parts. You had some help from all the "I won't boycott unless I can verify who owns it yada" opine-ions. They missed the point that there WAS no call to boycott save for an opinion or two of naturally frustrated observers who would like to see justice of some sort done in the wake of what looks like anything but. For now. 

The BEST thing any of us can do when speaking of real lives, livelihoods, legacies, and loss is pray that it will be...

I think it’s fair to get some clarity on the relationship when boycotting a local business is mentioned. I don’t remember to what degree of seriousness this boycott idea had taken. I don’t think I was the only person to question it. But it piqued my interest as to the involvement. The owners and employees of the business have real lives too. 

As ToraGirl stated, prayer for all involved is really the most effective way for those of us who really can't do much else. The lack of remorse from the kid is really troubling and my first reaction is to be judge and jury. Boycotting a store doesn't help Rod and Paula or Shelby and Josh. The kid has not accepted responsibility so we can hope and pray the parents will step in at this time until the court has it's say. I wouldn't be a part of any suggested boycott that could affect many innocent employees who might not even know the kid though. Who are you helping and who are you hurting by this? 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I think it’s fair to get some clarity on the relationship when boycotting a local business is mentioned. I don’t remember to what degree of seriousness this boycott idea had taken. I don’t think I was the only person to question it. But it piqued my interest as to the involvement. The owners and employees of the business have real lives too. 

Thank you. These are reasonable questions to ask when posters say things like:

On 12/14/2019 at 1:41 PM, ChltteTiger said:

Any of you folks with kids at Auburn. Tell em to stay the H%^& away from giving J&M Bookstore their business!

On 12/14/2019 at 10:42 PM, ToraGirl said:

B...connection. I'm from Auburn. I've said enough, I'll leave it there; people can choose how they will with their support. 

It's my turn to be confused about the need for clarification. From what was said just right here, a lot of confusion and amplification could have been avoided. 

People. Can. Choose. 

Well, some DID SAY said, "Why do we have so many of the same threads, every one...."

And others, some of the same ones, said, "Be careful what you wish for."

In true holiday spirit, YA THINK? ❤☺

This article, again. All day long. For perspective, and posting discretion on such a sensitive topic. J & M is but one of MANY community connections involved here. Your prayers are appreciated. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28161073/loss-love-promise-kept-voice-auburn-football%3fplatform=amp

Thinking locking this thread might be the respectful thing to do for now...

25 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Thinking locking this thread might be the respectful thing to do for now...

Would love at least for their names to be removed from the title and disassociated from the current conversation.

Archived