Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

47 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Rather be a candy ass than a crazy ass who kills people. I hate it for this young man, but he messed up big time. This isn't 'boys being boys'. This is 90 MPH, high, on an Auburn city street. Don't try and water it down. 

I don’t understand it but some people just can’t help but have more sympathy for the criminal, than the surviving victims family and friends. 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AU-24 said:

I don’t understand it but some people just can’t help but have more sympathy for the criminal, than the surviving victims family and friends. 

I don't think a single poster on this forum has more sympathy for the teenager. If anything it is empathy. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I don't think a single poster on this forum has more sympathy for the teenager. If anything it is empathy. 

Thank you for sharing. 

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Thank you for sharing. 

People can feel how they want about the situation, but it’s like others have said before me, it is a bad situation all around. Surely, and rightfully so, more feel for the Bramblett family with the loss and how it impacts the children especially. You also have a teenagers life that is changed forever as well as his parents, who im sure are devastated, I know mine would be. You make certain decisions, there are consequences, but two families are devastated right now, and I’ll leave it at that.

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Smart move👍

We stopped in Vicksburg. She wakes me and says, "your turn...I don't remember driving over the bridge." We did that back and forth until the sun started up near Tuscaloosa. Not a fun trip.

26 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Officer or NCO? Don’t mean to offend but if you are/we’re a Commissioned Army Officer, you may want to work on your grammar and writing skills.

Sorry, just due to the nature of your post, this made me LOL...

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Sorry, just due to the nature of your post, this made me LOL...

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d253ecf5a36327436

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

We stopped in Vicksburg. She wakes me and says, "your turn...I don't remember driving over the bridge." We did that back and forth until the sun started up near Tuscaloosa. Not a fun trip.

My wife and I have done that too. What's bad is that the one not driving really wants and needs a nap but the driver would really appreciate the conversation. It's not a good feeling. Better to pull over but we tried that at a rest stop and the semis kept coming through waking us up. 

My husband and I have felt this way before on the way home from late Auburn games. Fortunately, he is a champ and can power through and I cannot sleep in a car, so I keep him awake. Plus, we are just 2 1/2 hrs away from Auburn. 

On another note, is there any word leaking out of the Athletic Dept. on who they may be considering for the job? I hate to think about it. This fall is going to be very hard to listen to. 

Everyone involved is still in m prayers. Sometimes I just randomly think about it and it is like a gut punch. 

I really do feel for the kid. It will haunt him forever if he isn't a psychopath. That said, I don't buy the falling asleep thing. To fall asleep behind the wheel of a bumpy, loud-motored, 90 MPH moving vehicle seems tough to me unless the kid was absolutely exhausted.

If so, there should be an alibi presented on why he was so bushed at 6 PM in the afternoon. Was he up two days straight for some reason? He is a kid so I don't think he is working plant-job hours. 

Another thing is, unless it's a sports car, I imagine it would take a LOT of force to keep the pedal down enough to maintain 90. Think about it. A pedal on a normal car usually gives a fair amount of resistance. Unless you flex your calf/achilles you aren't going to be able to get the average car up to high speed. It takes a concentrated effort. Your foot won't tense up when you are asleep.

So the only way the sleep alibi works is if the kid's limp foot was able to depress a very, very loose accel pedal all the way to the floor. It's possible I suppose. But I am sure they can check the state of the pedal. 

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Another thing is, unless it's a sports car, I imagine it would take a LOT of force to keep the pedal down enough to maintain 90. Think about it. A pedal on a normal car usually gives a fair amount of resistance. Unless you flex your calf/achilles you aren't going to be able to get the average car up to high speed. It takes a concentrated effort. Your foot won't tense up when you are asleep.

So the only way the sleep alibi works is if the kid's limp foot was able to depress a very, very loose accel pedal all the way to the floor. It's possible I suppose. But I am sure they can check the state of the pedal. 

You're mistaken.

19 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Again your so deep in your high and mighty stance you can’t even read what is wrote. I’m sure your one of those perfect Christians that have never failed at anything. Probably never had any type of accident or lapse of judgement since the day you were born. People like you are why this world is so screwed up. All of us regular people ( not like you perfect people) do make mistakes on regular basis. And we accept that fact. So we usually understand and forgive others, kind of Like what Christ said to do. As for the law, motive has always been a part of it and giving first time offenders a break has also been a part of it, when no intent or malice occurred . I can tell you as a teenager I had of couple of being on the wrong side of the law and those fine police offers saw fit to give me a break. Had they not I would not have been able to serve my country as and Officer in the US Army with my Too Secrete clearance. Good day I through with your petty crap. 

So what was it I said exactly, that caused you to take such personal offense that you felt compelled to attack me?  You obviously have some emotional issues regarding this discussion that have nothing to do with what I've posted. 

There is a disconnect between allowing 16 year-old's unrestricted driving privileges while at the same time declaring they are too immature to be tried as adults. 

I have no issues with factoring in circumstances, but if they are too immature to be held legally accountable as adults, they are too immature to have unrestricted driving privileges, by definition.

16 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Rather be a candy ass than a crazy ass who kills people. I hate it for this young man, but he messed up big time. This isn't 'boys being boys'. This is 90 MPH, high, on an Auburn city street. Don't try and water it down. 

.This is the very definition of boys being boys - young and stupid is part of it. 

Doesn't mean he shouldn't be punished.  He should.  Tried as an adult?  That's where I am not so sure.

18 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Is falling asleep consistent with flooring it?

Yes, I've done it.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Just take some LA turnarounds and you'll never fall asleep

Long-acting Adderall?

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

.This is the very definition of boys being boys - young and stupid is part of it. 

Doesn't mean he shouldn't be punished.  He should.  Tried as an adult?  That's where I am not so sure.

16 year olds know the difference between right and wrong and are trusted to operate motor vehicles in a responsible way like adults are. If we, as a society, didn't think 16 year olds were in total control of their actions we wouldn't give them driver's licenses after they passed written and practical tests. It's not like a 7 year old was driving and didn't understand what he was doing. I fail to see how being 16 affected his decision making vs if he were 18.

18 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Is falling asleep consistent with flooring it?

NO it is NOT! Anybody who believes this kids "alibi" is seriously out of touch with reality!

2 hours ago, The Freak said:

THIS IS NOT BOYS BEING BOYS! If we as a society really believe that then a 16 year old boy has NO FREAKING BUSINESS BEHIND THE WHEEL!! Let them mature a few more years.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This conversation has gotten weird. 

only because some on here have weird points of view.

10 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

NO it is NOT! Anybody who believes this kids "alibi" is seriously out of touch with reality!

Yes, yes it is. I have done it...at 30 years old. 

You're view is yours and I respect it. However, from having done it, I can say with certainty that it is incorrect. 

Archived