No alcchol sales at JHS

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I'm ok with being a step behind everyone else in regards to selling alcohol in JHS as long as we take the proactive step of opening a cannabis dispensary in the stadium. Think of how the concession sales would skyrocket! Paying any buyout would never be out of reach!

We can call it Weagle Weed.

Hey I love Auburn so I won't even charge an arm and a leg for this idea. I don't even need a cut. I will settle for a university issued credit card that gives me free access to the goodies in this new goldmine inside the stadium for my hard work.

LOL - That might put a damper on fan enthusiasm.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Respectfully, is that serious question? I don't think there's a professional sports venue in this country that doesn't sell beer. 

As for the numbers: The first example I found, Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, sells $500k of beer per home game. That stadium only seats 70,000, but let's say that Auburn fans drink a lot less than Colts fans and beer sales would be about the same.  The Colts get to keep about half of that after all operating expenses. For Auburn, that would be $1.75 million in profit this season. 

I am intrigued by your "corkage fee" model, though. How much would that fee be, and how many people do you think would pay it? Where would people keep their coolers during the game? Would every cooler be checked for contraband, weapons and such? How do you guarantee fans clean up their trash? What would that do to all concession sales? I mean, if I can bring in a cooler, then I'm definitely packing some sandwiches and water, too. 

I'm picturing an enterprising individual rolling a cooler into the stadium and selling beer on the sly to other attendees. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Respectfully, is that serious question? I don't think there's a professional sports venue in this country that doesn't sell beer. 

As for the numbers: The first example I found, Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, sells $500k of beer per home game. That stadium only seats 70,000, but let's say that Auburn fans drink a lot less than Colts fans and beer sales would be about the same.  The Colts get to keep about half of that after all operating expenses. For Auburn, that would be $1.75 million in profit this season. 

I am intrigued by your "corkage fee" model, though. How much would that fee be, and how many people do you think would pay it? Where would people keep their coolers during the game? Would every cooler be checked for contraband, weapons and such? How do you guarantee fans clean up their trash? What would that do to all concession sales? I mean, if I can bring in a cooler, then I'm definitely packing some sandwiches and water, too. 

I would need to do analysis to determine a fee, but let’s say it’s $100 bucks per season. If 20000 (@ 25% or so) fans signed up that’s $2M and all the responsibility is on the the fan. Soft six pack coolers only, checked at the gate and stored under his feet in the stands. Managed via limited gates via a chipped card..no card no cooler. 

13 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

LOL - That might put a damper on fan enthusiasm.

It all depends on how you look at it! Imagine getting less frustrated at running up the gut until we punt because you forgot we did the same thing on the last series. Fan morale gets a major boost! 

All of a sudden Gus is leading the "LEGALIZE IT" demonstrations.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It all depends on how you look at it! Imagine getting less frustrated at running up the gut until we punt because you forgot we did the same thing on the last series. Fan morale gets a major boost! 

I tried that last season.  I still got very frustrated. 

Just now, atl-tiger said:

I tried that last season.  I still got very frustrated. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

You're forgetting another perk, nobody will complain about the hot dogs ever again. 

Nor remember the game! 😂 

29 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Oh wow. Maybe Gus's offense is actually some psychedelic masterwork and we just don't get it, man...

Now I'm wondering what happens if you sync up Dark Side of the Moon with Clemson 2016. Pardon me y'all, I gotta call my guy.

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Now I'm wondering what happens if you sync up Dark Side of the Moon with Clemson 2016. Pardon me y'all, I gotta call my guy.

LOL had to mask my laugh at my desk with a cough for this one

The may have already been stated but They have been selling Alcohol in the club level. Does this mean its only good for the rich and royalty, but the rest of us lowly pee-ons cant handle it? I say all or none period. But heck minis were made for a reason.

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

Would increase concession sales as well.  The Cox Cat and Whirlybird might become genius plays if the defense got a good contact high !

Archived