When they are scared, they use the term "Nazi"

DKW 86

Nazi Pope

Commentary: Benedict abused as 'nazi pope'

By Uwe Siemon-Netto

UPI Religious Affairs Editor

Published April 21, 2005

WASHINGTON -- "Nazi pope a clear and present danger to the civilized world," read the headline of a reader's letter in a forum of NYTimes.com, The New York Times' Web site.

It wasn't the worst abuse leveled at Pope Benedict XVI, the former Cardinal Josef Ratzinger, a German. Type the words "Nazi pope" into the Google search line, and you will get nearly 700 mentions.

"Seig Heil, hail Mary!" read one post, misspelling German word for victory, which is "Sieg."

"What can you expect from a filthy Nazi?" asked one blogger quoted, with horror, by National Review Online. The blogger went on: "...Nazi bas-- wearing a dress and no doubt with a past in child-molesting."

The Internet is of course the kooks' playground...

That is the understatement of the year... :yes:

a clear and present danger

Legal Dictionary

clear and pres·ent dan·ger

n.

A risk or threat to safety or other public interests that is serious and imminent; esp One that justifies limitation of a right (as freedom of speech or press) by the legislative or executive branch of government (a clear and present danger of harm to others or himself) see also freedom of speech, Schenck v. United States in the important cases section amendment i to the constitution in the back matter

*"In the practice of the use of language one party calls out the words, the other acts on them". -

Hmm..that's certainly some sobering terminology there. One might get the impression that such a description of the Pope might lay the ground work for some nutcase to take matters into their own hand and do something drastic. The Left's wreckless , hate filled tone could lead to something they will live to regret.

* Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations § 7, at 5 e (G.E.M. Anscombe trans., Alden & Mowbray Ltd., 3d ed. 1967)

Does this mean it's no longer OK to denounce Senator Byrd for having once been in the KKK?

I know, the politically correct left has a bad habit of crying "nazi" so often it becomes meaningless. They're no better than the right-wing when they resort to name-calling like that. But in this case, the guy really was in the Hitler Youth.

Is it just me, or does the new Pope also look a lot like the emperor from the Star Wars movies?

Is it just me, or does the new Pope also look a lot like the emperor from the Star Wars movies?

156730[/snapback]

It's actually a triad...

story.greetings.jpg

02emperor350.jpg

02zell.jpg

Does this mean it's no longer OK to denounce Senator Byrd for having once been in the KKK?

I know, the politically correct left has a bad habit of crying "nazi" so often it becomes meaningless. They're no better than the right-wing when they resort to name-calling like that.  But in this case, the guy really was in the Hitler Youth.

156730[/snapback]

How about "feminazi", "Hitlary", etc? Are conservatives scared of assertive women? I guess, according to David's logic, they MUST be.

I know, the politically correct left has a bad habit of crying "nazi" so often it becomes meaningless. They're no better than the right-wing when they resort to name-calling like that.  But in this case, the guy really was in the Hitler Youth.

156730[/snapback]

How about "feminazi", "Hitlary", etc? Are conservatives scared of assertive women? I guess, according to David's logic, they MUST be.

156737[/snapback]

Feminazis are distinguished from run of the mill femanist for their hatred of men in general. These are the extreme nut case 'womyn' who think that any and all sex between man and woman is rape. Even among consenting, married adults...it doesn't matter. They call sex rape.

Hitlary? It's just a pun, a play on words. Get over it.

156730[/snapback]

156737[/snapback]

Feminazis are distinguished from run of the mill femanist for their hatred of men in general. These are the extreme nut case 'womyn' who think that any and all sex between man and woman is rape. Even among consenting, married adults...it doesn't matter. They call sex rape.

Hitlary? It's just a pun, a play on words. Get over it.

156829[/snapback]

You feel you have to equate assertive women who intimidate you and aren't the least bit concerned about your fragile ego with a group who tried to murder an entire race. That's no pun, that's just pathetic.

You feel you have to equate assertive women who intimidate you and aren't the least bit concerned about your fragile ego with a group who tried to murder an entire race. That's no pun, that's just pathetic.

There are so many errors w/ that one sentence that trying to respond would be pointless.

Sgt Hulka - Lighten up, Francis.

:moon:

Hillary is so disliked and made fun of because she has never done anything on her own, she road slick Willie all the way to the White House, and then used that forum to jump to the Senate. Condi on the other hand, is where she is at based on merit. If you want to claim that Hillary 'intimidates' people, it is because they know she will say and do anything to get herself more power. People are not 'intimidated' by Condi, they respect her.

There are so many errors w/ that one sentence that trying to respond would be pointless.

Sgt Hulka - Lighten up, Francis.

:moon:

156837[/snapback]

Then what are you scared of? David said, "When they are scared, they use the term "Nazi"."

Then what are you scared of? David said, "When they are scared, they use the term "Nazi"."

Well, you're dealing w/ seveal things here at once. First of all, it was a direct labeling of the new Pope by a LIBERAL calling him a NAZI. Not making any off hand, nazi-esque type reference for effect, but flat out calling him a NAZI. There is a fair amount of difference.

Secondly, I didn't come out and compare Hillary to a NAZI. Others have done that on their own. I can't speak for them.

Femanazi - Rush came up w/ this term, and you'd probably have to ask him why. I gave a brief explanation of how it varies from your garden variety femanist.

Hitlary - Not sure who came up w/ this one, but it has sorta stuck. Hillary is a cold hearted and ruthless power hungry individual. Her idea of what Gov't SHOULD be like is frightening to many.

2 quotes are presented for your approval

- "We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society."

- "Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all."

156851[/snapback]

Your reply was void of any substance. All you seem to be able to do is repeat yourself, much like a child who lacks the intellectual make up to respond in any meaningful fashion. I find it curious that you try to ignore the topic of this thread - a liberal calling the new Pope a NAZI- as you try to turn the tables to somehow make those targeted as being the aggressors here. Why not address the issue of calling Pope Benedict XVI a NAZI. Do you agree w/ that lable ? Yes, or no, and why ?

Al, that was actually kind of funny...really funny. :big:

156730[/snapback]

It's actually a triad...

story.greetings.jpg

02emperor350.jpg

02zell.jpg

156732[/snapback]

156851[/snapback]

Your reply was void of any substance. All you seem to be able to do is repeat yourself, much like a child who lacks the intellectual make up to respond in any meaningful fashion.

156854[/snapback]

Sorry...I guess I DO sometimes play to the level of the competition.

I find it curious that you try to ignore the topic of this thread - a liberal calling the new Pope a NAZI- as you try to turn the tables to somehow make those targeted as being the aggressors here.

I find it curious that you think that there was only ONE topic in the title of this thread. I also find it curious that you think that ANYONE who would criticize the pope MUST be a liberal. For example, in its heyday, the Klan would not have felt slighted in the least by hanging me, a Catholic, instead of a black man. In fact, they would've viewed it as a trifecta worthy of a picnic with pictures if they hung me, a black man AND a Jew all at once.

Even more curious is YOUR rigid adherence to labels. You seem to first decide if something is "conservative" or "republican" and, if so, it is always "good" and "right" and defended against "attack." FoxNews is "conservative" and, therefore, "right." Always. "Liberals" are "bad" and, therefore, "wrong." Any criticism or questioning of what is "conservative" is an "attack" that is "bad" or "liberal" and relieves you of any actual "thought" on what the criticism is so you can, instead, focus on the messenger instead of the message.

Why not address the issue of calling Pope Benedict  XVI a NAZI. Do you agree w/ that lable ?  Yes, or no, and why ?
This is a perfect example of what I mean. You see an "attack" on the pope as HAVING to come from a "liberal" because they used the word "Nazi." And it may well be an attack. However, you perfectly understand the nuanced use of the word "Nazi" when using it to describe "liberals" or "feminists". But because you've labeled something as "liberal" you fail to allow that nuance to be a component of the criticism. If "they" called Pope Benedict a Nazi then "they" meant that he's a goose-stepping, Jew-hating, homicidal maniac. No nuance allowed.

Do I believe that he's a Nazi? Of course not. The Church, guided by the Holy Spirit, cannot make that mistake. Do I think that he has exhibited a "Nazi-like", rigid, unbending view of Church doctrine? Maybe. Would I refer to him as a Nazi? No.

This is a perfect example of what I mean. You see an "attack" on the pope as HAVING to come from a "liberal" because they used the word "Nazi." And it may well be an attack. However, you perfectly understand the nuanced use of the word "Nazi" when using it to describe "liberals" or "feminists". But because you've labeled something as "liberal" you fail to allow that nuance to be a component of the criticism. If "they" called Pope Benedict a Nazi then "they" meant that he's a goose-stepping, Jew-hating, homicidal maniac. No nuance allowed.

You're sounding far too much like John Kerry.

You're sounding far too much like John Kerry.

156966[/snapback]

Yep, that's probably what I'd say if I were in your position, too.

This is a perfect example of what I mean. You see an "attack" on the pope as HAVING to come from a "liberal" because they used the word "Nazi."

It has nothing to do w/ how I see it, because it WAS a Liberal who attacked the Pope by calling him a Nazi. That's simply the fact of the matter. Liberals misuse the word 'nazi' all the time... Bush is a nazi, the Pope is a nazi...it's their damn derogatory word by default for anything they don't like!

This is a perfect example of what I mean. You see an "attack" on the pope as HAVING to come from a "liberal" because they used the word "Nazi."

It has nothing to do w/ how I see it, because it WAS a Liberal who attacked the Pope by calling him a Nazi. That's simply the fact of the matter. Liberals misuse the word 'nazi' all the time... Bush is a nazi, the Pope is a nazi...it's their damn derogatory word by default for anything they don't like!

157004[/snapback]

Who said it?

157004[/snapback]

...except that in this case, it's a historical fact. Are you saying that Benedict was NOT in the Hitler Youth?

When pointing out inconvenient truths is a sign of liberalism, it seems to me evidence that liberals may have the moral high ground after all.

...except that in this case, it's a historical fact.  Are you saying that Benedict was NOT in the Hitler Youth?

Uh, just because he was involved in something at age 14, which was mandatory, doesn't make the current Pope a Nazi, in fact, he got out early so he could study for the priesthood. Due to his young age during this time in Germany, no level-headed person should even consider calling him a "former Nazi". If you did that, you would just about have to condem every German citizen born before May 1945.

Pope's Nazi past

Archived