Food for thought

WeagleTheBeagle

3 hours ago, WeagleTheBeagle said:

According to FPI, AU has the best win in the country.  Last week, AU rushed for more yards against an FBS team than anybody else this season. 

We are 3-0.  

Why are we upset again?

I’ve been asking that question all week. If we lose to A&M, it’s a different story. For now, there’s nothing to complain about.

40 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I still blame myself for the 99 Iron Bowl loss...I was at the game with a buddy and we were winning. I switched seats with my friend and we gave up like 31 straight points...I’m sorry guys...

Give us 25 up-downs...NOW!

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

I find we do better when dont wear AU attire at home watching. We've won every home game I've attended while wearing a #34 home Jersey. Sometimes I get into the drink too early at the house and forget to change out of my AU shirt. Gotta get better!

I really don't have any game day superstitions as I work a lot of Saturdays so there is no set routine. My son pointed out a few years ago that I beat the crap out of the arm of the sofa. Oh and I talk to the television. It's really a good thing that Gus can't hear me when we are struggling on offense. 

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Take a peek in JMR's thread. Or read the game thread. There are numerous instances mentioning his making bad throws  or reads, as if his being a Freshman should not be a factor.

Oh. I haven't seen that. It certainly doesn't seem to be a prevailing sentiment.

And game threads are meant for overly charged, knee jerk reactions, lol.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I blame myself for the 2014 Natty. Drank crown royal and diet coke, instead of crown royal black and coke. Really screwed that one up. 

Thanks. I thought it was my fault. A Bama fan I worked with texted me at halftime congratulating Auburn on the game up to that point. Went downhill from there. I blamed her and the truth is she really isn't a terrible Bama fan, she actually meant it when she sent the text. The highs and lows of that game were unbelievable. 

I still go back to the if we fired Gus who’s the coach question? Is anyone actually available that could consistently do a better job? 

Well I kind of had an epiphany... Sitting up in the stands with my son Saturday night made me realize that I have been looking at this thing all wrong for a while now. He plays football now and we watched the players that play his position. Talking back and forth about different formations, alignments, etc... it was awesome. Afterwards it made me realize that in the past I would get so caught up in all of the negatives when watching us play (even when winning) that I never really enjoyed it for what it is - a group of young men playing their guts out for a University that I love. We had a blast. Don't get me wrong - I still want AU to win, I am just going to look at it differently from now on..

I'm going to be 100% honest here....I used to have a really hard time being an Auburn fan. I would get so upset at Gus. Then I discovered AUFam. I spent an entire offseason here watching the recruiting threads. Then that following season, I realized...I really don't get that upset. There are some that seem to live in 100% melt mode. I want to personally thank each of you all, and you know who you are! You have given me a better life. I think things are bad in my head, I come here, and I then I leave feeling better about myself. Couldn't do it without you all.

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

We don't have any control over the season???? Why didn't someone tell me before I circled the block 5 times, changed game day shirts at the beginning of each quarter, eating only the unbroken chips and walking carefully to the refrigerator trying not to step on any of the lines of the floor. The A&M game will be much less stressful for me now. :bananadance:

3AB10C52-F24C-431B-A0AF-127860B9C884.gif

19 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Meh, I think Ga State has the best win.....;)

Actually, I think LSU has the best win, because I think Texas is better than Oregon. 

I agree with the UTx vs UO statement.

However, I have a feeling that Auburn's "W" over the Ducks is going to look better as their season goes on.

I suspect Oregon may be playing Utah for the PAC 8/10/12's championship when it's all over. 

Archived