Food for thought

WeagleTheBeagle

Because we should have beat Oregon and we should have run for 500 against Kent State. 

We we are gonna get exposed and there’s no depth on the offensive side of the ball except RB and QB

Anticipation of pain is a thing for our fanbase. We've all seen Gus teams fall on their faces once the real games begin and the schedule this year borders on unfair. Once a coach loses trust it's hard to get it back. That said, we are 3-0 and we've beat the spread in every game with a true freshman quarterback and rehabbing players at the skill positions. "Cautiously optimistic" is what we should be feeling. 

5 minutes ago, rophle said:

We’re upset because we could potentially lose a game. 

So every team fanbase that ever existed should be upset all the time?  That's just not enjoyable... why be a fan period?

19 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

. That said, we are 3-0 and we've beat the spread in every game with a true freshman quarterback

And there are those among us who are griping over how this true freshman is playing. 

Just now, SumterAubie said:

And there are those among us who are griping over how this true freshman is playing. As if he should never make a physical mistake, or err in judgement

Who? 

Folks have pointed out mistakes, because he's made plenty, but I don't know how many people are "griping" about the fact that a freshman is making them. I've certainly not seen any venom around here even remotely close to what his coach spewed at him on the sideline the other night immediately after he ran in a touchdown. 

20 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

So every team fanbase that ever existed should be upset all the time?  That's just not enjoyable... why be a fan period?

Well, not really every fanbase. There are teams out there that the fans Expect to Win every week. Not a lot of them. Bama, UGA, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State, UCF, LSU. Auburn's fans want to join that group of fanbases who expect to win every single week. I want to expect to win every week. At present, I hope to win every game, but I don't really expect it to actually happen.

But I'm not unhappy. I'm nervous about the A&M game, because I think it is an important one. And I'm hopeful that Auburn can, indeed, win this game.

13 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

And there are those among us who are griping over how this true freshman is playing. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Who? 

Folks have pointed out mistakes, because he's made plenty, but I don't know how many people are "griping" about the fact that a freshman is making them. I've certainly not seen any venom around here even remotely close to what his coach spewed at him on the sideline the other night immediately after he ran in a touchdown. 

Take a peek in JMR's thread. Or read the game thread. There are numerous instances mentioning his making bad throws  or reads, as if his being a Freshman should not be a factor.

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Who? 

Dead on. Everyone expected Nix to make freshman mistakes. It's early but the impressive thing to me is he has not made a mistake that has cost us a game. It might happen but the kid is mentally engaged. 

I LOVE FOOD!!!!

Thought?  Not so much...

That being said, my existence is so much better now that I have no expectations.  I see the final score, go over what I witnessed on the field, make up my mind to be happy with the win regardless of individual performances, coaching decisions, plays called, etc...

I can't shake that old familiar feeling sometimes for sure.  However, I'm not going to borrow trouble (especially for something I have no control over) and just enjoy the fact that it's my last football season in hot, humid Florida. :yay:

14 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Take a peek in JMR's thread. Or read the game thread. There are numerous instances mentioning his making bad throws  or reads, as if his being a Freshman should not be a factor.

I agree that I haven't seen any venom toward younger Nix.  Pointing out freshman mistakes is hardly giving him a hard time.  It's just pointing out what happened and what it costs.

As for getting info from the game thread?  That's like interviewing Will Muschamp AS the opposing team scores a TD.  You'd do well to simply stay out of that thread as it makes even the most even keel posters look like ass.

10 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Dead on. Everyone expected Nix to make freshman mistakes. It's early but the impressive thing to me is he has not made a mistake that has cost us a game. It might happen but the kid is mentally engaged. 

Agreed!  Say whatever you want about Nix, with good coaching & development, he can be truly great.

Now, just what does "good coaching & development" look like at Auburn?  That's another subject. :dunno:

16 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I LOVE FOOD!!!!

Thought?  Not so much...

That being said, my existence is so much better now that I have no expectations.  I see the final score, go over what I witnessed on the field, make up my mind to be happy with the win regardless of individual performances, coaching decisions, plays called, etc...

I can't shake that of familiar feeling sometimes for sure.  However, I'm not going to borrow trouble (especially for something I have no control over) and just enjoy the fact that it's my last football season in hot, humid Florida. :yay:

We don't have any control over the season???? Why didn't someone tell me before I circled the block 5 times, changed game day shirts at the beginning of each quarter, eating only the unbroken chips and walking carefully to the refrigerator trying not to step on any of the lines of the floor. The A&M game will be much less stressful for me now. :bananadance:

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

We don't have any control over the season???? Why didn't someone tell me before I circled the block 5 times, changed game day shirts at the beginning of each quarter, eating only the unbroken chips and walking carefully to the refrigerator trying not to step on any of the lines of the floor. The A&M game will be much less stressful for me now. :bananadance:

I find we do better when dont wear AU attire at home watching. We've won every home game I've attended while wearing a #34 home Jersey. Sometimes I get into the drink too early at the house and forget to change out of my AU shirt. Gotta get better!

7 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

I find we do better when dont wear AU attire at home watching. We've won every home game I've attended while wearing a #34 home Jersey. Sometimes I get into the drink too early at the house and forget to change out of my AU shirt. Gotta get better!

Oh, man! I question your decision making, dude! How long have you been a fan? Other teams' fans know what shirts they are supposed to wear and when to change them. Why can't we be a team who has fans that don't make stupid shirt decisions??? WE SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THE SHIRT WEARING RANKS!!! EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!

Just kidding! I am kind of in the same boat as 72. I try not to be too crazy when it comes to the team, because I want to live a happy life. :D

34 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

As for getting info from the game thread?  That's like interviewing Will Muschamp AS the opposing team scores a TD.  You'd do well to simply stay out of that thread as it makes even the most even keel posters look like ass.

I do wash my eyes out with battery acid after reading that thread

40 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

I still blame myself for the 99 Iron Bowl loss...I was at the game with a buddy and we were winning. I switched seats with my friend and we gave up like 31 straight points...I’m sorry guys...

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

I still blame myself for the 99 Iron Bowl loss...I was at the game with a buddy and we were winning. I switched seats with my friend and we gave up like 31 straight points...I’m sorry guys...

I blame myself for the 2014 Natty. Drank crown royal and diet coke, instead of crown royal black and coke. Really screwed that one up. 

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Damn dude...You gotta own that one.

During the Georgia game, my friend and made a crown royal black and coke with like 7:00 left in the 3rd quarter and we won. Did the same thing for Alabama, Missouri, etc. 

Well, I went to the National Championship game and for the life of me couldn't find any crown royal black mini's to sneak in the stadium, only found plain crown. Then, with 7:00 left in the quarter, the line was too long to buy a coke, so I got someone around me to pour some diet coke in my cup. Things started to go downhill for us after that. 

32 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Oh, man! I question your decision making, dude! How long have you been a fan? Other teams' fans know what shirts they are supposed to wear and when to change them. Why can't we be a team who has fans that don't make stupid shirt decisions??? WE SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THE SHIRT WEARING RANKS!!! EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!

Just kidding! I am kind of in the same boat as 72. I try not to be too crazy when it comes to the team, because I want to live a happy life. :D

Lol...I have so many shirts it's hard to figure out the right combo! The Bo J. jersey though  I've had for almost 25 years. Yeah it's a bit more snug than it was, but tested and true.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

During the Georgia game, my friend and made a crown royal black and coke with like 7:00 left in the 3rd quarter and we won. Did the same thing for Alabama, Missouri, etc. 

Well, I went to the National Championship game and for the life of me couldn't find any crown royal black mini's to sneak in the stadium, only found plain crown. Then, with 7:00 left in the quarter, the line was too long to buy a coke, so I got someone around me to pour some diet coke in my cup. Things started to go downhill for us after that. 

Its ok man. We’ve all been there. You make decisions in the moment and you have to live with them. 🤷‍♂️

Archived