Kevin Sumlin trolled A&M

Eagle5

I remain unconvinced that Jimbo is an “elite” head football coach.   Very good recruiter, but more like a Chizik lightning in bottle in 2013 with lobster thief. And left FSU in utter shambles two years ago, fleeing the very mess he created.

$75M, guaranteed. Down 21-3 at one point, at home, against a TrFR QB and our hot seat coach.  I’d imagine some tummies are rumbling in College Station with the realization that it’s not as simple to “buy a championship” as it appears.

Gus has no shortage of detractors in the Auburn family, but for one game at least, Gus and our staff outcoached the hell out of Jimbo & Co. Especially our first series, set Mike Elko up like a house of cards. Disoriented their defense starting Worm, when they studied film for Boobee. Nix run up the middle added to creating conflict on the defense. Then when we finally give them the Boobee eye candy, BOOM!, Oh, God, Flash.  Buh-Bye. 

Some of the best scripting you’ll see. And then saving Boobee’s legs for 2nd half was gutty brilliance that set up the 12-play soul crushing drive down their throat.

https://twitter.com/chron_mattyoung/status/1175795201362845698?s=21

Kevin Sumlin tweets eyeball emojis after the Aggies’ loss, Texas A&M recruiting analyst threatens Sumlin’s career. (Screenshot edited by me, because it’s the Lord’s day).

View image on Twitter

Pretty sure anything this person has on Sumlin would hurt the Aggies too. Kind of a poorly thought out response.

I heard about Sumlin's mild tweet. This AggieScoop guy's response is stunning. Does 247 condone that kind of behavior from its employees?

Regarding Jimbo. If you look at his recruiting classes his last few years at FSU, he was recruiting with the best. I do not understand how a team stacked with so much talent could end up a dumpster fire. It takes a special kind of talent and skill to ruin that.

I don't think aTm is going to get what they expected out of Jimbo. Part of it comes with being in the SEC West with Alabama, LSU, and Auburn. This year they had Clemson and will have Georgia.

I think it is a little early to give up on Fisher at A&M. Yes it hasn't been the immediate quick fix they were hoping for but he does have some positives happening over there and he did have to do a major overhaul of that team to fit his style. He at least has them playing good defense which is a must in the SEC. I am surprised his offense has struggled to get going with the players he has so he is going to have to figure something out there. But if i was an A&M fan i wouldn't being looking to swap coaches just yet

I just don't get the infactuation with Fisher. The guy averaged 8 wins a year in the ACC when Winston wasn't his QB. We are ready to run off a coach that has a better win avg playing in the toughest division of college football. 

17 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

I just don't get the infactuation with Fisher. The guy averaged 8 wins a year in the ACC when Winston wasn't his QB. We are ready to run off a coach that has a better win avg playing in the toughest division of college football. 

I'm not infatuated by Fisher......i think he is a solid coach though. Probably not elite. 

Averaged 8 wins at Fl ST........this is why i hate stats they can always be presented in a way to make something seem worse or better then it is. His number of wins per year at FL St. 10, 9, 12, 14, 13, 10, 10, 5.

I'll give you things were going down hill toward the end and i don't know if he could have avoided the meltdown that has been fl st under taggert but overall i think he did pretty good as the head coach down there. I know if AU ever got a coach that could get 5 straight double digit win seasons he'd get a statue out front. 

4 hours ago, Eagle5 said:

saving Boobee’s legs for 2nd half was gutty brilliance that set up the 12-play soul crushing drive down their throat.

Same strategy much of the latter part of 2010...Chiz/Gus saving Dyer for the 2nd half. Worked esp well in the BCSCG. 

45 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Regarding Jimbo. If you look at his recruiting classes his last few years at FSU, he was recruiting with the best. I do not understand how a team stacked with so much talent could end up a dumpster fire. It takes a special kind of talent and skill to ruin that.

I think it was a combination of things on and off the field

He did this in the ACC though. He hit the league at the perfect time while Miami was down, Va Tech falling and Clemson just starting to rise. FSU had zero competition in their league most of those years plus he had the luck of Urban's health problems making his quit at UF. 

If you swapped 2012 AU and FSU Chizik would have won 8 or 9 games against that schedule. 

27 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I know if AU ever got a coach that could get 5 straight double digit win seasons he'd get a statue out front. 

If AU played in the ACC we probably already would've had 5 double digit win seasons in a row.

12 minutes ago, auburn41 said:

If AU played in the ACC we probably already would've had 5 double digit win seasons in a row.

Maybe.....maybe we wouldn't get as good players as we do today if we were in the ACC. 

2 hours ago, meh130 said:

I heard about Sumlin's mild tweet. This AggieScoop guy's response is stunning. Does 247 condone that kind of behavior from its employees?

I don't think aTm is going to get what they expected out of Jimbo. Part of it comes with being in the SEC West with Alabama, LSU, and Auburn. This year they had Clemson and will have Georgia.

They had bad online classes, the skills position, DL and LB were all good.

3 hours ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I think it was a combination of things on and off the field

When your wife is humping the recruits, that can get a bit distracting. 

28 minutes ago, alexava said:

Seriously?

Do you mean like seriously stupid thing to say or seriously that happened?.........I'll hang up and listen😁

42 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Do you mean like seriously stupid thing to say or seriously that happened?.........I'll hang up and listen😁

Did it happen? Hence the “?”  Seems like I remember something about a Florida player but he had long been finished with college football I thought. 

On 9/23/2019 at 11:26 AM, alexava said:

A couple of years ago we had “insiders “ here claiming Fisher was our guy when we ran gus off. I’ve never cared for Jimbo. 

It was true very close to happening lucky it didn't imo

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

It was true very close to happening lucky it didn't imo

Not just Fisher.....seems I recall a handful of other "hot" coaching possibilities that folks wanted...….sometimes we get lucky without even knowing it at the time. 

Jimbo is a good coach I guess but like most, he's not much better than his QB makes him. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not just Fisher.....seems I recall a handful of other "hot" coaching possibilities that folks wanted...….sometimes we get lucky without even knowing it at the time. 

Jimbo is a good coach I guess but like most, he's not much better than his QB makes him. 

His gotten a little full of himself after the Natty against us imo

Archived