uat vs. Tennessee

Eagle-1

21 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Yes & no. Athletes have to have lateral movement especially in a position like QB inside or outside the pocket. In a perfect 3 step drop world it wouldn't effect a QB's timing or throws but if he has to scramble and dig in to throw, it could depending on his foot placement.

I think this would be an issue for Tua....he throws on the run quite a bit and not sure his OL could allow him to be a pure pocket passer....guess we will see in a couple weeks..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Mac Jones is horrible. If they have to start him against LSU with their OL, they're going to get crushed in Tuscaloosa

If Tua is not ready for LSU, look for little brother, Talia, to get the start or at least sub early. 

10 hours ago, around4ever said:

If Tua is not ready for LSU, look for little brother, Talia, to get the start or at least sub early. 

they're going to have to play ball control with Mac out there so they might as well run Taulia out there. You can very easily tell they just dont believe in any MACtion

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

they're going to have to play ball control with Mac out there so they might as well run Taulia out there. You can very easily tell they just dont believe in any MACtion

As good as Bama has recruited I’m surprised they don’t have better options at backup. I guess they weren’t expecting Jalen to leave 

21 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

I would love to know why they motioned the QB out when UT went wildcat.  The targeting call was legit and the unnecessary roughness marginal.  When that happened even I thought the flags should be thrown.  

Watching a postgame interview with Satan, you’d have thought somebody stabbed his puppy.  I’m not saying it is, but this years UT game could have been one of the more costly games in UAT history.  

10 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

As good as Bama has recruited I’m surprised they don’t have better options at backup. I guess they weren’t expecting Jalen to leave 

Modern day thinking by QB prospects...especially the 4* and 5* guys...…" if I'm not starting, I'm not staying"... which is how UGA lost two QBs who are tearing it up at Ohio State and Washington and how Burrow got to LSU and Jalen to Oklahoma. .

This means that if you have a really good QB starting, you will be lucky to have a 3* behind him as back-up. . 

2 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I would love to know why they motioned the QB out when UT went wildcat.  The targeting call was legit and the unnecessary roughness marginal.  When that happened even I thought the flags should be thrown.  

Watching a postgame interview with Satan, you’d have thought somebody stabbed his puppy.  I’m not saying it is, but this years UT game could have been one of the more costly games in UAT history.  

Curious as to your meaning here.  Please expound.

I ask because, though I don't feel the refs helped uat any more than normal, because of the incredibly blatant one-sided calls in the USCe-UF game, there DOES seem to have been a harsher spotlight on bad SEC Officiating after this past weekend. 

I would SO love for something to finally be done.  Ain't holding my breath though. 

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I ask because, though I don't feel the refs helped uat any more than normal, because of the incredibly blatant one-sided calls in the USCe-UF game, there DOES seem to have been a harsher spotlight on bad SEC Officiating after this past weekend. 

I would SO love for something to finally be done.  Ain't holding my breath though. 

I thought he meant the nickster was upset  because Tua got hurt, and Jalen had better things to do than sacrifice himself at the altar of nick saban'. The nickster is in a bind now. His scheming seems to have blown up in his face. Tua won't be back anytime soon so we'll see what happens. 

Go Jalen! Win that Heisman buddy!

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I thought he meant the nickster was upset  because Tua got hurt, and Jalen had better things to do than sacrifice himself at the altar of nick saban'. The nickster is in a bind now. His scheming seems to have blown up in his face. Tua won't be back anytime soon so we'll see what happens. 

Go Jalen! Win that Heisman buddy!

Ah... so he's NOT infallible. 

Absolutely, I'd LOVE to see Jalen lorded over napoleon. 

On 10/20/2019 at 8:50 PM, AU64 said:

I think this would be an issue for Tua....he throws on the run quite a bit and not sure his OL could allow him to be a pure pocket passer....guess we will see in a couple weeks..

It sure as heck affected him last season when he got injured. 

23 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I was referring tot Alabama potentially losing Tua with the statement you highlighted.  

The only way Alabama loses their officiating edge is if college football uses national officials instead of conference officials, or enough noise is made inside and outside of the SEC to blow the lid off of the hows and why’s behind it.  I don’t see either happening.  

Archived