Georgia Game Thread

abw0004

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lost by combined 10 pts to #1 and #4 Woo hoo!!!!

Great effort from the players in the 4th qtr. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The most appropriate ending for the Gus era.

Where’s the moving party? Bring the drinks!!

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

Something about this reminds me of the Iwo Jima Memorial in an athletic sense.  I know it's football, and I mean absolutely no trivializing of the heroic sacrifice--physical and emotional--of our military throughout time.  I am absolutely indebted to them and to all of you in FamilyLand who have served and continue to. 

But the way these players have fought and scrapped to try to overcome what they never should be put in a position to have to...bless them, bless them. They deserve a Washington at the helm.

My uncle landed on Iwo Jima with the 2d Battalion,  25th Marines.    He was almost killed by a J mortar shell 10 days in.

I love your post.

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

AUlmost

You nailed it. We Aulmost did it. We Aulmost beat Florida. We Aulmost beat LSU. We Aulmost beat Georgia. We Aulmost got our offense going but it took us the wand of year to almost get it going ( but didn’t)

9 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yes it was, but so were all those other great plays he made. Get off the boy

Not on the boy. And I am not on the Fire Gus bandwagon. Just pointing out that a coach can make the right call and it doesn’t get executed. But after tonight, the fact that Gus put Bo in this situation sits hard on me. I hope he is not ruined. It would have been nice to have used Gatewood intelligently throughout the entire season. 

9x 3 and outs against a top 5 team for our D....and all our "Guru" HC can possibly muster is 2 late 4th Qtr scores. 

Gus, do us all favor and just quit. You have plenty of unearned money to retire on.

Go, and we'll gladly rebuild from this disaster of an offense you have driven into the ditch.

Don’t tell me this team doesn’t have talent even with a true freshman QB. The offense should’ve been quick passes like this all year. Not one quarter of the ball. Glad the boys played hard but they deserve better.

4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Something about this reminds me of the Iwo Jima Memorial in an athletic sense.  I know it's football, and I mean absolutely no trivializing of the heroic sacrifice--physical and emotional--of our military throughout time.  I am absolutely indebted to them and to all of you in FamilyLand who have served and continue to. 

But the way these players have fought and scrapped to try to overcome what they never should be put in a position to have to...bless them, bless them. They deserve a Washington at the helm.

Great post , I’m really having trouble with a good attitude honestly . I am so frustrated it’s crazy

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Fire Gus, Bronx a real qb, and leave this bull crap conference that won’t correctly officiate games against playoff contenders. I’m over it

Leave the officials out of it. They have nothing to do with Gus lacking as a HC

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

You nailed it. We Aulmost did it. We Aulmost beat Florida. We Aulmost beat LSU. We Aulmost beat Georgia. We Aulmost got our offense going but it took us the wand of year to almost get it going ( but didn’t)

This is exactly the problem if we keep Gus we will always be an also ran school. Gus prolly believes he should get a participation trophy for each year. Fire him now 

I'm so sick of seeing our D playing its rear ends off every game just for this anemic, predictable offensive attack to take the field and give it right back to the opponents.

It's pathetic.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I fear he did just enough to keep his job tonight. Like, you know, he always does.

I don't know why I think it's the boys' effort and not his that will be studied as the discussions ensue.  Like the Black-eyed Peas...I've got a feeling...

Archived