Officials

ScubaSteve

9 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Man that would be an terrible move imo. Steele has never shown to be a good hc. Very good dc with the elite players we've had last 4 to 5 years. But hc. No way imo. If that's the hire, just freaking keep Gus. Definitely dont downgrade. 

I have heard before that Steele does not want any HC job anymore, so doubt it is him.  

5 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Can confirm that Steele does not want HC job. 

Is there chatter on other boards about Gus being let go?

Not necessarily "chatter" from those in the know but ITAT, AUC, and the Rant are all pretty much done. It's like the last days of World War II, there's a few fanatics still holding out but everyone else knows it's over. 

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Not necessarily "chatter" from those in the know but ITAT, AUC, and the Rant are all pretty much done. It's like the last days of World War II, there's a few fanatics still holding out but everyone else knows it's over. 

Bold on Twitter last night...

Pinned Tweet

T4teNXh7_x96.jpg

At some point, it’s no longer even about Gus. It’s about us. We, the fans, the butts in the seats, the donors, the lifeblood, have the power. What kind of football program do we want? What kind of program are we willing to fight for? If this is not it, our time for action is now.
6:33 PM · Nov 16, 2019Twitter for iPhone

1 hour ago, GBAU83 said:

I have heard before that Steele does not want any HC job anymore, so doubt it is him.  

It makes sense that he would not.  It is a lot more responsibility and work, and he already gets paid $2 million to do what he is best at.

9 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I bet if it’s somebody they already have on board then it would be Kevin Steele.

You think Kevin would talk to them behind Gus's back?

19 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I mean...I’m the average fan. I’m just beyond emotions or words at how bad our offense is. I put 75% on head coach issues/scheme, 15% on QB play, and 10% on OLine play. I DESPISE being mediocre, and quite frankly, I’d rather be bad and be getting somewhere than consistently average and never beating our biggest rivals unless there’s an alignment of the stars. 

I really hope that some AU fans don’t take the narrative that “our boys didn’t quit.” Of course they didn’t! They are amazing men that play this sport for fun/career, and we love them for it. 

I also hope that this doesn’t get to the narrative of “Welp, who else would we get any better?” That to me is a secondary question that presupposes that we need to make a move first. 

As for any insight that I have, I called my shot before the season started: We are getting the football-only facility done, and we are going to be a great team with an 8-4 record going into our bowl game. The folks with $ are going to make a move, as Gus’ last friends in the world were Leath and Harbert and one is gone and the other is being replaced.

I don’t know if anyone noticed but during the game we announced that we got $10MIL from a new donor. That’s huge. The $ noticed that fans left at the end of the 3rd. Of course we can’t score 3 times!  

As far as a replacement, I said it then and I will say it again (and folks can take it or leave it) that we have a guy in mind and the guy has already heard from us. 

War Eagle! 

In other news, glad the photo-student is OK—That was scary. Prayers for Tua. Classy kid that has a devastating injury. Davidson played through a bad back tonight and Seth played through that same pesky shoulder. Proud of our guys. They deserve better. 

AS ALWAYS I REALLY REALLY appreciate your insight!!!

20 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

As far as a replacement, I said it then and I will say it again (and folks can take it or leave it) that we have a guy in mind and the guy has already heard from us. 

War Eagle!

Could it be...?

146px-Marioptds.png

Or maybe...

chicken1.jpg.750x750_q85ss0_progressive.

Or possibly...

1167883.jpg

Or is it the hometown favorite?

christmas-vacation-clark-griswold-lights

Blink twice if I'm close!

Note: I am not actually expecting a response though I would not say no to a PM. I would take the info to my grave. Eagle Scout's honor.

24 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Could it be...?

146px-Marioptds.png

Or maybe...

chicken1.jpg.750x750_q85ss0_progressive.

Or possibly...

1167883.jpg

Or is it the hometown favorite?

christmas-vacation-clark-griswold-lights

Blink twice if I'm close!

These are great! Love the wit! 

Trust! The! Silence!

And true...let's lift up PTB...obviously when you're close to a situation, it's a lot different than our "inquiring minds that want to know."  I mean, if you've ever sat on a secret that you absolutely cannot tell until the time and occasion are right, you know how difficult it can be.  Thanks for sharing, PTB.  I got your back on the anxious masses...🤣:muscles:

On 11/17/2019 at 3:53 AM, passthebiscuits said:

I mean...I’m the average fan. I’m just beyond emotions or words at how bad our offense is. I put 75% on head coach issues/scheme, 15% on QB play, and 10% on OLine play. I DESPISE being mediocre, and quite frankly, I’d rather be bad and be getting somewhere than consistently average and never beating our biggest rivals unless there’s an alignment of the stars. 

I really hope that some AU fans don’t take the narrative that “our boys didn’t quit.” Of course they didn’t! They are amazing men that play this sport for fun/career, and we love them for it. 

I also hope that this doesn’t get to the narrative of “Welp, who else would we get any better?” That to me is a secondary question that presupposes that we need to make a move first. 

As for any insight that I have, I called my shot before the season started: We are getting the football-only facility done, and we are going to be a great team with an 8-4 record going into our bowl game. The folks with $ are going to make a move, as Gus’ last friends in the world were Leath and Harbert and one is gone and the other is being replaced.

I don’t know if anyone noticed but during the game we announced that we got $10MIL from a new donor. That’s huge. The $ noticed that fans left at the end of the 3rd. Of course we can’t score 3 times!  

War Eagle! 

In other news, glad the photo-student is OK—That was scary. Prayers for Tua. Classy kid that has a devastating injury. Davidson played through a bad back tonight and Seth played through that same pesky shoulder. Proud of our guys. They deserve better. 

This is an awesome post and provides some hope...thanks @passthebiscuits

Archived