Men vs Ole Miss Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUTigersfan89 said:

I'm not going to complain about scoring points, but Doughty driving inside like that doesn't work against better teams.

Not without some other involvement by his teammates to help out.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

2 straight turnovers by samir smh

He hung his head after that pass. He knows lol.

1 minute ago, slyinsocal said:

Not without some other involvement by his teammates to help out.

There are always passes to make. Often times, a pass on the perimeter opens up other options. It's not about him making an assist right off the dribble. The pass it around and see what opens up.

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s not an AU basketball game thread without a complaint about the guard play. 

Ha, yes my observation is nothing new for sure. It is blatantly obvious though. Stats don’t lie in this case.  

Another turnover by AU, OM going to the line after the under 12 time you. 41-35 AU. With Okoro not on the floor we really can’t afford to not have Wiley in the game

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ha, yes my observation is nothing new for sure. It is blatantly obvious though. Stats don’t lie in this case.  

Anyone that’s watched AU basketball knows about our guard play issues. Some games they shoot hot, others they don’t. Consistently get blown by, by good guards. Sometimes their shooting/clutch time makes the difference but no need to act like they play like top 10 guards most of the times

1 minute ago, slyinsocal said:

OM stretches that zone out so far. Flash the lane to receive a pass. Come on!

I can't seem to understand why we aren't able to take advantage of this!  

Just now, fishepa said:

This is maddening. Ole Miss is terrible and we can’t get more than a six point lead. 

Games turn in to blowouts at home because usually teams are bolstered by being at home and hit their threes a lot more frequently. We just can't shoot anywhere. So we don't get the boost shooting from three at home usually gives teams.

Archived