10 Game Conference Only Schedule Approved (Merged)

toddc

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Whats the difference in taking the next 2 opponents and the last 2 opponents in the rotation?  Why over complicate this?

Either TV opportunities or SOS disparities. Those have been the main 2 talking points.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I'm listening to Finebaum for the first time in awhile and he was saying some of the coaches are pitching fits about the schedules.  Only one person came to mind.

Most have been. This has been talked about & reported for days.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

LeBron James "It's about damn time" HD on Make a GIF

“In a shocking move, the SEC has announced that both UT Chattanooga and Western Kentucky have joined the conference. In addition to this whirlwind announcement, the league office also declined any questions raised regarding the scheduling of both new teams to Alabama’s 2020 schedule.”

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Most have been. This has been talked about & reported for days.

Per Reports it was Florida and Bama.  Saban and Mullen.  No surprises 

Lots of people get their wish with Tennessee.  Surprised it’s at home since that was the last game.

RIP Mizzou and Arkansas.

Georgia and LSU cake walk.

TaMu and Tennessee will be interesting with new schedule.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

RIP Mizzou and Arkansas.

Georgia and LSU cake walk.

TaMu and Tennessee will be interesting with new schedule.

Is there a schedule posted with dates?  I can’t find one

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

AU plays Tenn at home and S Carolina down the road from me at Williams-Bryce.

I believe they said schedules will be announced tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Per Reports it was Florida and Bama.  Saban and Mullen.  No surprises 

I'm talking about info from reporters behind a pay wall which historically in Auburn's case is usually more accurate.

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I believe they said schedules will be announced tomorrow.

Next week in another SEC Now Show reveal.

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Schedule is next week.  I was just speaking more on the draws.

Monday I believe.

LSU and Bammer getting the best draws. Of f-ing course. What a joke. I guess we got one that we wanted (UT at home) and one that isn’t too bad but not easy in USC on the road. 

14 minutes ago, lca408 said:

LSU and Bammer getting the best draws. Of f-ing course. What a joke. I guess we got one that we wanted (UT at home) and one that isn’t too bad but not easy in USC on the road. 

I think both games are very. very winnable for our Tigers, especially if played several games into the season when things for AU have had time to gel along the lines and the Chad Morris offense has come together like I think it will. 

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I'm listening to Finebaum for the first time in awhile and he was saying some of the coaches are pitching fits about the schedules.  Only one person came to mind.

duC211m.gif

40 minutes ago, lca408 said:

I hate defending Bama, but we play a nearly identical schedule.

The only difference is they play Mizzou while we play South Carolina.

LSU on the other hand got a gift 

43 minutes ago, lca408 said:

USC and Missouri seemed to be the initial option for us, and we went to bat for UT instead. Maybe PTB can prove or disprove that statement, but it doesn't seem like they were very concerned about the difficulty

20 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

USC and Missouri seemed to be the initial option for us, and we went to bat for UT instead. Maybe PTB can prove or disprove that statement, but it doesn't seem like they were very concerned about the difficulty

Confirmed. 
I think viewed on the whole of the schedule (not just the added 2 teams), the SEC did pretty well to balance. 

Both UT and AU were adamant about playing each other if at all possible.

The likelihood of significantly reduced revenue from lack of fans in the stadium made many schools interested in adding an additional $$$ Maker to the TV schedule and adding in that both communities expect a significant increase in those traveling to the stadium and then watching the game while tailgating in open space. 

The income boost to local communities when you have a home game, even in the midst of a pandemic, should not be underestimated. 

56 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Confirmed. 
I think viewed on the whole of the schedule (not just the added 2 teams), the SEC did pretty well to balance. 

Both UT and AU were adamant about playing each other if at all possible.

The likelihood of significantly reduced revenue from lack of fans in the stadium made many schools interested in adding an additional $$$ Maker to the TV schedule and adding in that both communities expect a significant increase in those traveling to the stadium and then watching the game while tailgating in open space. 

The income boost to local communities when you have a home game, even in the midst of a pandemic, should not be underestimated. 

As of today, do you think AU will limit outside tailgating in any way?

There’s a mandated rule for us students to have masks in any campus building, I wonder if that would apply to any tailgaters 

Dont think there’s anyway they could have that aspect of football at all, but we’ll see 

11 hours ago, CR said:

As of today, do you think AU will limit outside tailgating in any way?

I think they will make some unenforceable recommendations...6ft, no large gatherings, masks etc.

I don’t know if any of them are thinking this far down the road yet.

I saw where Tailgate guys was going to set up at companies or individual residences if need be.

Archived