Nip watch or no?

WarTim

All things considered, what say you?

Nip Watch coming SOON!!!!

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Definitely need something to look forward to, even though I admit, I don't get the same pleasure out of it that some of you seem to!

It’s Festivus for the rest of us. 😎

For me, I'm just not yet feeling it. But that could change by noon...lol.

17 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

So is high school football still on?

one of the big “signs” of the Nip that I look for is the sound of the drums echoing over town. 

Literally came here to post this same exact thought. The first time you hear that high school band, man. I could never adequately articulate that feeling.

36 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

one of the big “signs” of the Nip that I look for is the sound of the drums echoing over town. 

It is in Georgia but they are not allowed to play at halftime and cannot travel with the team to away games.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:05 PM, WarTim said:

Absolutely, the nip is coming whether football is played or not. Can't stop the nip. :)

On 8/10/2020 at 3:05 PM, WarTim said:

i have never heard of a nip watch until i got here. i assume it is when it gets cold enough the highbeams turn on?

On 8/12/2020 at 6:59 AM, passthebiscuits said:

As far as I know it is still on in Mobile. The sad part is the bands cannot travel with the teams. I’m not sure how it is safe for football players but not band members to be on a bus together. This is my sons senior year and he is the drum line captain for MGM and he lives for marching season. Right now I’m just hoping they get to play at all. I know health of the kids and adults is the major concern, but mental health isn’t being talked about as much. He is depressed because he can’t go to school (Mobile county is going strictly online for the first quarter) and at the thought football season might get cancelled. I’m praying that those in charge are able to figure this out before it has an even more lasting effect in the mental and educational health of these kids.  

p.S. I have had COVID-19 and it wasn’t fun. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. I was fortunate that I didn’t have to go to the hospital even though I did get severely dehydrated due to not being able to eat or drink anything for 3 days. Thankful I’m married to a nurse 😁
sorry for the long post. 

here is to the nip watch and may the sights and sounds of fall and fall sports be evident soon, real soon. :cheers: :wareagle:

If this was a real tease, you could have made it a poll. ;)

With or without da rona, we're halfway through August, I think we ALL know what that means.  :au: 

Psci94m.jpg

24 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

If this was a real tease, you could have made it a poll. ;)

With or without da rona, we're halfway through August, I think we ALL know what that means.  :au: 

Psci94m.jpg

She's like green bean casserole. Green bean casserole is amazing. Why do we only have it at Thanksgiving?!?!

Archived