Gus apologists: Is it time to let Gus go yet?

Potatooooooes!!

For all the people who find some mindless reason to say each week’s performance is not on Gus (or at least continuously come up with ways to defend him) what have you got?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barring some kind of drastic changes in the locker room. Yeah. COVID can excuse development but not the lack of discipline and team cohesion.

But if I'm Allen Greene, Gus has the rest of the season to pull it together.

No. Gus doesn’t get to blame this on COVID. Not one dang chance. Look at the rest of teams that have came out to play and have their teams ready to play. Gus has ridden his fame for this long. He has not improved this team, but have gotten worse.

5 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Barring some kind of drastic changes in the locker room. Yeah. COVID can excuse development but not the lack of discipline and team cohesion.

But if I'm Allen Greene, Gus has the rest of the season to pull it together.

No doubt. I want him gone but that freaking contract gave him two years at the minimum. There's no way he turns this around, but Greene will be looking for a new coach in two years. We want him gone soon but the way it works is after a season and he'll give him a pass for this one.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Why start a fight and call them apologists?  That’s a low blow.  

Is it? That's literally what they have done for years. The have routinely made up excuses as to why what we are seeing and experiencing actually isn't happening. 

🙄 You must not have been on this forum for a couple of years, or you just felt like making yourself feel big by trying to antagonize people. The Gus apologists are very few and far between, but who cares anyway.

Apologist loser here- I was being held back back the contract.

The answer is Yes.

I really thought Chad was the right call, and I was willing to give Bo the benefit from being a freshman. We should be 1-3 right now with the only win being against Kentucky on the opener. I don't see another win on the schedule that we can fall back on and I'm starting to see him losing the locker room.

It's time. He won't finish the year.

7 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

Sooooo, until the end of his contract then?

Closer to the end of his contract, and in a non-covid bad-optics moment. Pure conjecture btw, I have no real idea, but I'd bet a hundred I have it right- dead man walking, but not this season

17 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Why start a fight making excuses for Gus?

Please find where I made an excuse.

18 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

What is controversial about that at all? Serious question.

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Is it? That's literally what they have done for years. The have routinely made up excuses as to why what we are seeing and experiencing actually isn't happening. 

Calling people “apologists” is the same thing on the other spectrum as call others “pessimists.”  Remember last season when the roles were reversed?  Toragirl and 72 both came out and called this forum toxic.

Real question, and I’m sure there are legitimate clues in other posts/threads, but why do we still have him?  There are a couple people who will make this decision and it’s not Allen Greene, right?  As fans we obviously think we deserve better but do the people actually in charge think that?  I’m an AU alum, donate a little, nothing huge and I love Auburn whether we are good at football or not.  But, here I am on a message board now, trying to figure out just what in the actual heck is going on. 

1 minute ago, Barkchevious said:

Real question, and I’m sure there are legitimate clues in other posts/threads, but why do we still have him?  

Perfect storm in his favor. Has nothing to do with football.

Just now, abw0004 said:

Calling people “apologists” is the same thing on the other spectrum as call others “pessimists.”  Remember last season when the roles were reversed?  Toragirl and 72 both came out and called this forum toxic.

Pessimism in the face of a dire situation is a rational response. Trying to excuse and apologize away the ineptness that has created the dire situation is not.

Archived