Gus apologists: Is it time to let Gus go yet?

Potatooooooes!!

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I have no problem with that.  As you can see I have not defended our play today.  I was simply trying to stop a big war of words on here again.  If I misread and misinterpreted I apologize. 

Never said you but there are several people from both spectrums . You can at least admit to that 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

I’ve backed him more than most over the past.  I get frustrated at a lot of the play calls that are made on offense and his predictability....the obvious flaws bla bla...I’ll finally admit, I want a replacement for Gus if we don’t make It to the SEC champ game(very unlikely, I get it). We should fire him at seasons end unless we show massive improvement and run the table.  I have to mention that Gus is at his best the hotter the seat gets which is currently flaming.  If the Gumps loose tonight, the SEC West is still up for grabs....

😂 😆 🤣 You can’t be serious 

Just now, wcware said:

😂 😆 🤣 You can’t be serious 

Dead serious.  Yes.  I, one who often is a Gus apologist, wants him gone unless were SEC champs which is extremely unlikely.  

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Never said you but there are several people from both spectrums . You can at least admit to that 

I do admit to that.  I have even been on one of those sides if you recall when I first joined.  Now I try to be more pragmatic if I can.  Looks like I may have caused more issues than stopped them however.  That’s on me and what I get for trying to post something running out the door.  😅

1 minute ago, Amwest20 said:

Dead serious.  Yes.  I, one who often is a Gus apologist, wants him gone unless were SEC champs which is extremely unlikely.  

That's fair.

Unlikely...... yes I agree

I just took a look around other AU forums, and almost all of the posts contained apathy, not anger. Few get mad when AU loses. Downhill from here

Ive said it before and got killed on this board but ill say it again. If we are looking to be the greatest 4 to 5 loss team annually,  then we can sit back and relax with our feet up because we have already succeeded.  If thats the bar of success you set for yourselves, pat yourselves on the back. I think Auburn, could be better, i know we should be better and as a fan, yes, we deserve better. Were not Arkansas or Miss St were 5 to 6 wins is the norm. We need to hold ourselves to a much higher level of success. 

Look guys I see growth on this board!!!!! I have lurked for so long without posting and I think after today we are all on the same page!!!!! Hugs all around. Great job guys. How many member can pay up $1,000 to get rid of Gus? I’m in. Can we make a dent? Put the message out!!!!!

Let me take a shot at this 

I am pessimistically changing the channel on the Braves game(for now)

I objectively don’t think the SEC west matters at this point.  

I realistically think Gus needs to go

50 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

🙄 You must not have been on this forum for a couple of years, or you just felt like making yourself feel big by trying to antagonize people. The Gus apologists are very few and far between, but who cares anyway.

You must just not understand how a forum works. It’s a very simple question. If you still support Gus, I want to know why. I don’t care how few of them there are, I want to have a discussion with them and know why they are still defending Gus. I want to know if they have finally had enough or if they still want to say it’s not his fault. I want to know what it will take to say Gus needs to go. If that makes you feel small or attacked that’s more of a you problem. War Eagle 

57 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

No doubt. I want him gone but that freaking contract gave him two years at the minimum. There's no way he turns this around, but Greene will be looking for a new coach in two years. We want him gone soon but the way it works is after a season and he'll give him a pass for this one.

Wrong the money was on the table already and they let Gus talk them into another chance. He has blown it. Buy out should happen now. Gus is just not cut out for D1 football and needs to go back maybe to non P5 coaching 

20 hours ago, Amwest20 said:

We have a slightly better chance of making it to the SEC title game than we do of making it to the ACC title game.

8 minutes ago, chizhead said:

I just took a look around other AU forums, and almost all of the posts contained apathy, not anger. Few get mad when AU loses. Downhill from here

I think AU fans are pissed including myself.  I think we’re capable of doing better, and prefer to focus on trying to go uphill rather than promoting the idea that Auburn football is always going downhill.

This year will likely be the tipping point. He is headed for a losing season, or it sure seems that way right now. While I hope that doesn’t happen, that adds way more pressure than 8-5 seasons of previous years. 

We will go down in college football history for the worst contract ever or close to it.  He will go down as a punchline. Both sides can make this a better landing and show grace. While I don’t think Gus would do it, halving his buyout with a gracious statement of mutual appreciation and a mutual agreement on parting of the ways, would go a long way for both sides. 

30 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

I’ve backed him more than most over the past.  I get frustrated at a lot of the play calls that are made on offense and his predictability....the obvious flaws bla bla...I’ll finally admit, I want a replacement for Gus if we don’t make It to the SEC champ game(very unlikely, I get it). We should fire him at seasons end unless we show massive improvement and run the table.  I have to mention that Gus is at his best the hotter the seat gets which is currently flaming.  If the Gumps loose tonight, the SEC West is still up for grabs....

My thing is, if we lose to S Carolina, who do you think we can beat? I’m just so tired of Auburn looking like trash. Yes the players are working their butts off, but the coaches are failing them. Therefore, we need new coaches. We needed them a long time ago, but people got emotional that we beat Alabama and Georgia and gave him the ridiculous buyout that he has

26 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

I say this^^ and also generally people would  consider me a pessimist( I say realist) person. I am aware of the statistical probability of a successful season this year is low, I just cannot stand the constant hate this coach has endured from the fan base his entire tenure.  I am a realist who wants Auburn to do good and support their coach.  If Gus gets fired I hope the fan base is more supportive(no not tolerant for losses)...supportive.  

16 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

My thing is, if we lose to S Carolina, who do you think we can beat? I’m just so tired of Auburn looking like trash. Yes the players are working their butts off, but the coaches are failing them. Therefore, we need new coaches. We needed them a long time ago, but people got emotional that we beat Alabama and Georgia and gave him the ridiculous buyout that he has

I’m also tired of us being trash.  I genuinely believe that all remaining games are winnable and we might win them.  I also believe that we might continue to be trash and go 5-5.  I don’t like how it almost seems as if the fan base roots against itself so that Gus gets fired.  

33 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

This year will likely be the tipping point. He is headed for a losing season, or it sure seems that way right now. While I hope that doesn’t happen, that adds way more pressure than 8-5 seasons of previous years. 

We will go down in college football history for the worst contract ever or close to it.  He will go down as a punchline. Both sides can make this a better landing and show grace. While I don’t think Gus would do it, halving his buyout with a gracious statement of mutual appreciation and a mutual agreement on parting of the ways, would go a long way for both sides. 

I agree but no way that happens

7 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

I’m also tired of us being trash.  I genuinely believe that all remaining games are winnable and we might win them.  I also believe that we might continue to be trash and go 5-5.  I don’t like how it almost seems as if the fan base roots against itself so that Gus gets fired.  

Well I think most of us wants what’s best for the players and the program. The best thing for the players is getting them to the league. The best for the program is winning and not being embarrassed on national TV all the time.

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Well I think most of us wants what’s best for the players and the program. The best thing for the players is getting them to the league. The best for the program is winning and not being embarrassed on national TV all the time.

Fair.  I’m fed up with the results that have been displayed and demand better.  I put that on Gus’s shoulders.  I really hope he gets it under control And should be held accountable if what’s trending continues.  I just hate the changing of coaches procedure in general.  Irrelevant fact: The 1 year In the past 12 years thy Gus wasn’t a part of Auburn football, we were 3-9.... just sayin....

Fair.  I’m fed up with the results that have been displayed and demand better.  I put that on Gus’s shoulders.  I really hope he gets it under control And should be held accountable if what’s trending continues.  I just hate the changing of coaches procedure in general.  Irrelevant fact: The 1 year In the past 12 years thy Gus wasn’t a part of Auburn football, we were 3-9.... just sayin....

I am looking through a totally different lens. I am excited about the change and the new energy that will be brought in. I do not think anyone should survive from the HC to the ballboy 

Archived