Common sense

bigbird

Sorry Mr Maher, they will write-off half the country as irredeemable, and blame the voters for their failings. We have both seen this s*** show far too many times already. Run the Speakers off the Campuses, Even Bill Maher. Get so woke that there is no longer any humor in America. Cancel anyone, no matter how great their service to America, over one slip of the tongue. Let the Twitter Mobs run the national discourse, yea that will work...NOT!

In 2020:
Did not flip one State Legislature.
Lost Seats in the HOR.
Did not take the Senate.
Lost Minority Voters.
Where is that Blue Avalanche, Tsunami, etc?
With the Democrat base Motivated as Never Before, we had a "No Coattails Election."

Seems to me that the Nation said pretty clearly:
1) We dont want Trump.
2) We dont want Identity Politics & Cancel Culture EITHER. 

Thank you Bill Maher, for saying what needs to be said. For saying what people THAT ACTUALLY ******* THINK and dont get 100% of their ideas and thoughts from the latest "Talking Points" or "What's Trending on Twitter" are really talking about. You want to govern? You want to lead? Then stop the Identity Politics. Folks get a clue, it aint working. Stop trying to sell only to your base. Try and sell to the American People. Quit running voters away by not calling out extremist ideas and candidates. Quit running to the Tech Oligarchs and to Wall Street for Validation. 

As Maher said, real people, even real minority people, are walking away from the Democrat Party because the People have Common Sense. They know 
"Defund the Police" doesnt sell even in Minority Communities. Do we have problems? Yes, but let's not destroy everything because we wont address the issue in a reasonable, common sense way.

1) Rewrite the 1994 Crime Bill.
2) Get those incarcerated under it out of Prison and back into real life. 
3) Get a National Registry for Bad Cops.
4) Help Finance Civil Suits against Policemen and Police Units that act unfairly.
5) Prosecute those that also Fake Accusations against the Police.  

Wonder how many facepalms this reality check will get.

so tell me what does the right do for america other than give rich folks tax breaks they do not need? did trump not give them two or three trillion and then claimed it was for little and middle america.

Good stuff @DKW 86

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

so tell me what does the right do for america other than give rich folks tax breaks they do not need? did trump not give them two or three trillion and then claimed it was for little and middle america.

You benefited from lower tax rates, too, didn't you? Was that a bad thing?

What has the left done for America? 

After raising record amounts for their campaign, Biden and Harris are currently asking for more money from Americans, you know the ones that are suffering from the effects of COVID and the lockdowns. Of course they're blaming Trump for the why, BUT why don't they just go straight back to the elites that pump the majority of funds into their campaign, the big tech, the finance moguls, the law firms, and investment groups? Bc the elites have seemingly gotten their way and already moved on.

The two party system in America is/has been broken, but the Ds are increasingly the party of the elites and the Rs are increasingly the party of the American worker and small business owners.

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Good stuff @DKW 86

After raising record amounts for their campaign, Biden and Harris are currently asking for more money from Americans, you know the ones that are suffering from the effects of COVID and the lockdowns. Of course their blaming Trump for the why, BUT why don't they just go straight back to the elites that pump the majority of funds into their campaign, the big tech, the finance moguls, the law firms, and investment groups? Bc the elites have seemingly gotten their way and already moved on.

The two party system in America is/has been broken, but the Ds are increasingly the party of the elites and the Rs are increasingly the party of the American worker and small business owners.

shame when you have to ask america for money to help feed hungry americans because the current pres is trying to figure out how to steal the election and and not allowing the transition to take place. you people screwed obama..the black guy....as hard as you could for eight years and then when trump won you decided to pile on. and you guys wanted it so bad you gave trump a pass. this is twelve years of repuke bullcrap and america as a whole be damned. and now you guys call trump the chosen one while painting all libs as evil. have fun with that. and by the way that tax break for the little folks is expiring when? next year? tell me when the rich tax breaks end again? address me all you want but you are wasting your time until you guys get a little more honest about what is happeing. look at the election and trump acting like a damn baby. how embarrassing for america. and i will bet you a hundred bucks right now trump is doing all the damage he can to get even while destroying all the paper trails he can so it will be harder to hold him accountable. we can pick a neutral party to hold the cash and get it to the winner................

On 11/14/2020 at 7:53 AM, DKW 86 said:

Sorry Mr Maher, they will write-off half the country as irredeemable, and blame the voters for their failings. We have both seen this s*** show far too many times already. Run the Speakers off the Campuses, Even Bill Maher. Get so woke that there is no longer any humor in America. Cancel anyone, no matter how great their service to America, over one slip of the tongue. Let the Twitter Mobs run the national discourse, yea that will work...NOT!

In 2020:
Did not flip one State Legislature.
Lost Seats in the HOR.
Did not take the Senate.
Lost Minority Voters.
Where is that Blue Avalanche, Tsunami, etc?
With the Democrat base Motivated as Never Before, we had a "No Coattails Election."

Seems to me that the Nation said pretty clearly:
1) We dont want Trump.
2) We dont want Identity Politics & Cancel Culture EITHER. 

Thank you Bill Maher, for saying what needs to be said. For saying what people THAT ACTUALLY ******* THINK and dont get 100% of their ideas and thoughts from the latest "Talking Points" or "What's Trending on Twitter" are really talking about. You want to govern? You want to lead? Then stop the Identity Politics. Folks get a clue, it aint working. Stop trying to sell only to your base. Try and sell to the American People. Quit running voters away by not calling out extremist ideas and candidates. Quit running to the Tech Oligarchs and to Wall Street for Validation. 

As Maher said, real people, even real minority people, are walking away from the Democrat Party because the People have Common Sense. They know 
"Defund the Police" doesnt sell even in Minority Communities. Do we have problems? Yes, but let's not destroy everything because we wont address the issue in a reasonable, common sense way.

1) Rewrite the 1994 Crime Bill.
2) Get those incarcerated under it out of Prison and back into real life. 
3) Get a National Registry for Bad Cops.
4) Help Finance Civil Suits against Policemen and Police Units that act unfairly.
5) Prosecute those that also Fake Accusations against the Police.  

Wonder how many facepalms this reality check will get.

i am going to need a link on dems thinking half the country is irredeemable.

12 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Good stuff @DKW 86

After raising record amounts for their campaign, Biden and Harris are currently asking for more money from Americans, you know the ones that are suffering from the effects of COVID and the lockdowns. Of course their blaming Trump for the why, BUT why don't they just go straight back to the elites that pump the majority of funds into their campaign, the big tech, the finance moguls, the law firms, and investment groups? Bc the elites have seemingly gotten their way and already moved on.

and for the record i did applaud trump for the tax break for little folks. i gave him props for releasing non violent pot smokers from prison. i like he has not gotten us in another war but i know he had to be talked out of nuking iran recently. very recent in fact. but the president is among many things a role model. words matter. character matters. so no need to reming you of the dark side of trump. and also how can you be a party for the workers while destroying unions?

25 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Good stuff @DKW 86

After raising record amounts for their campaign, Biden and Harris are currently asking for more money from Americans, you know the ones that are suffering from the effects of COVID and the lockdowns. Of course they're blaming Trump for the why, BUT why don't they just go straight back to the elites that pump the majority of funds into their campaign, the big tech, the finance moguls, the law firms, and investment groups? Bc the elites have seemingly gotten their way and already moved on.

They are raising money for the transition because the Trump administration is holding it up.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/19/biden-fundraising-trump-withholds-federal-money-438197

As far as everyone benefiting from Trump's tax cut, fifty got it right.

https://publicintegrity.org/inequality-poverty-opportunity/taxes/trumps-tax-cuts/republicans-profit-congress/

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Read your own diatribe of a response to my first post. 

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

They are raising money for the transition because the Trump administration is holding it up.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/19/biden-fundraising-trump-withholds-federal-money-438197

As far as everyone benefiting from Trump's tax cut, fifty got it right.

https://publicintegrity.org/inequality-poverty-opportunity/taxes/trumps-tax-cuts/republicans-profit-congress/

1) Yup, I mentioned that already as the reason. I never said I agree with holding up transition, but even his own voters are pissed that Biden/Harris are asking THEM for more money and not standing up to Trump. Typical 

2) He got what right, exactly? He agreed with me that the tax cuts were good for the little man. The elites will always find a way to benefit. Do you have solutions for that? 

Meanwhile in Minnesota:

56 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

1:40 in the video. You're welcome....

and

22 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

1) Yup, I mentioned that already as the reason. I never said I agree with holding up transition, but even his own voters are pissed that Biden/Harris are asking THEM for more money and not standing up to Trump. Typical 

2) He got what right, exactly? He agreed with me that the tax cuts were good for the little man. The elites will always find a way to benefit. Do you have solutions for that? 

1)  How are they supposed to "stand up" to Trump?  Please be specific.

Also, please reference where Biden/Harris supporters are "pissed"....

2) Right. "Trickle down economics".  Heard that before.

Cartoon: Trickle-Down Economics - The English Blog

Trickle-Down Economics | The Cartoons of Forest Taber

Dynamic Scoring and Trickle Down Economics | New NY 23rd

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

1)  How are they supposed to "stand up" to Trump?  Please be specific.

Also, please reference where Biden/Harris supporters are "pissed"....

2) Right. "Trickle down economics".  Heard that before.

Cartoon: Trickle-Down Economics - The English Blog

Trickle-Down Economics | The Cartoons of Forest Taber

Dynamic Scoring and Trickle Down Economics | New NY 23rd

1) "Standing up to Trump" were not my words, those were the words of Biden's voters. Don't be lazy go look for yourself. 

2) When did I mention trickle down economics? Cute, cartoons, but I specifically asked if you had any solutions. No? 

Elites and their big businesses, do in fact, always find a way to benefit. Small businesses were benefitting from tax reforms in the form of the 20% business deduction, cash accounting rather than accrual, and ability to write off full cost of large equipment purchases rather than depreciate them. Small businesses are the key, they take care of their workers.

20 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

1) "Standing up to Trump" were not my words, those were the words of Biden's voters. Don't be lazy go look for yourself. No actually, they were your words. You provided no attribution.

2) When did I mention trickle down economics? Cute, cartoons, but I specifically asked if you had any solutions. No? You argued that Trump tax cuts benefited everyone, when in fact, they mostly benefited the wealthy. The assumed rationale for these tax cuts was to stimulate the economy (unneeded) and benefit all taxpayers (a lie), you are left with de-facto "trickle down" economics which is a long standing Republican fraud with.

Elites and their big businesses, do in fact, always find a way to benefit. Small businesses were benefitting from tax reforms in the form of the 20% business deduction, cash accounting rather than accrual, and ability to write off full cost of large equipment purchases rather than depreciate them. Small businesses are the key, they take care of their workers.

38 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No actually, they were your words. You provided no attribution.

You argued that Trump tax cuts benefited everyone, when in fact, they mostly benefited the wealthy. The assumed rationale for these tax cuts was to stimulate the economy (unneeded) and benefit all taxpayers (a lie), you are left with de-facto "trickle down" economics which is a long standing Republican fraud with.

1) Fair enough. I should have used quotations, but they weren't my words. They were echoed in responses on Twitter to both Biden and Harris tweets asking for the transition donations. 

2) Did you benefit from lower income tax rates or not? 

Archived