Sarkisian Offered?

Proud Tiger

I think some miss a few points here. First Saben goes the graduate transfer route with coaches . He finds out of work head coaches and hires them as coordinators and out of work coordinators to work as position coaches . He really doesn’t mind them moving on, it’s like UK getting one and dones. With uat’s success there are plenty waiting . That said most of his folks move on and do good. I think they learn a lot about management to go with coaching. I’m good with Sark. My guess is he will ask 5-6 million a year so it matters whether AU will go there after Gus. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think some miss a few points here. First Saben goes the graduate transfer route with coaches . He finds out of work head coaches and hires them as coordinators and out of work coordinators to work as position coaches . He really doesn’t mind them moving on, it’s like UK getting one and dones. With uat’s success there are plenty waiting . That said most of his folks move on and do good. I think they learn a lot about management to go with coaching. I’m good with Sark. My guess is he will ask 5-6 million a year so it matters whether AU will go there after Gus. 

I’m not sure Sark is even in the race anymore.

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

I read elsewhere reports Sark asked for a lot, and a lot guaranteed. Apparently the request was so significant, especially the guarantee, people at Auburn did not think Sark was serious. At this point it is reported Sark has not interviewed.

I realize Sark is a high-paid coordinator and a previous HC. But he also was fired for cause at his last HC job. USC is a private school, so I do not know what he was paid there.

To be fair, the correct comparison to Sark would be Kiffin at Ole Miss. Kiffin gets about $4M/year with various incentives. I have no idea the guarantee/buyout terms. If Sark is asking for significantly more, I would question it.

18 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Source (yeah one of those) says Sarkisian has been offered. No word yet if he has accepted.

How many offers they making? Sark, Steele. Napier. and on and on. It doesn't matter as those being seriously considered aren't better than what was had. Guess the mediocrity cult wants to go to scrapping for 6 wins a season instead of 8.

13 hours ago, fasttimes said:

Off load a contract? His offense has bama as the number one team in the country, just set I don’t know how many sec and seccg records, and THREE players who will likely get heisman votes if not be invited to NY. I’ll bet if Saban can keep him another year he will/would.

im not saying he is the best choice for Auburn, but some of you folks are more lunatic than fanatic.

Easy to look good with a boatload of talent.

3 hours ago, toddc said:

I’m not sure he was ever really in it due to money. I just saw Napier just pulled out and I’m betting they were insisting he keep many of the assistant coaches. Bill Clark might be the guy when the smoke clears. Kevin and Rodney have to many friends in BOT to actually get a great coach to come in. We may not be any better than we were with Malzahn. 

Archived