Sarkisian Offered?

Proud Tiger

2 minutes ago, im4aual said:

Sark was an average head coach at best.  I could call plays to score points with the talent bama has.  Not sure what all the excitement  is about.  

Having that early experience, at two MAJOR programs, is more of a pro than a con. He has had 2+ years to reshape what he did right vs wrong by learning within the golden standard of CFB programs

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, im4aual said:

Sark was an average head coach at best.  I could call plays to score points with the talent bama has.  Not sure what all the excitement  is about.  

first there have been three offensive coordinators at Bama all with Stellar recruits. One of which was Lane. None performed as well as Sarkesian. 2nd who do you think evaluated and got those recruits? Right now Sark has a reputation for offenses with stellar lines, great wide recievers and running backs and Heismann worthy qb. recruits will come in droves to play for Sark

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

I have once source said he accepted, another said he didn’t, and one that said he wasn’t offered not sure what to make of it all?

I think you’re sources are Auburn message boards😆

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

That would be OK with me. Then we might be getting the OC of the NC. That should be close to a home run.

We had one of those once.......

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m on the sark train . He can develop and get kids to the NFL. He would be a huge get across the board .

Definitely an upgrade from Gus

I'm sorry but I hope not and I doubt it. They wouldn't announce two new interviews if they already offered. He wouldn't leave until after the natty Jan 11th. 

If it's anywhere near what he asked for we got ****** 

10 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m on the sark train . He can develop and get kids to the NFL. He would be a huge get across the board .

I have not been opposed to him at all. I like his work and his rebound story. I do wonder how well he could assemble a staff. Will his past haunt him? I mean some of the self righteous fans on here act like we are hiring the devil. I do think he would be good for us. Imagine Tank getting the ball like Harris . 

1 minute ago, Bo Didley said:

I have not been opposed to him at all. I like his work and his rebound story. I do wonder how well he could assemble a staff. Will his past haunt him? I mean some of the self righteous fans on here act like we are hiring the devil. I do think he would be good for us. Imagine Tank getting the ball like Harris . 

We would be getting Sark during the most consequential phase of his career. His rebound HC experience after polishing his approach under Saban. It would be a great hire y'all

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Any leak that isn’t Sark accepting is bad. Who would leak this?

Would AU ? Only if they DON’T except him to say yes.. Gives them cover to go to the next man up when he says no. 
If AU expects a yes, they wouldn’t have leaked it 

Sarks agent? That makes  no sense either.

Leak doesn’t look good 

Look, I don't want Steele either, but this is borderline Qanon-level reasoning.

1 hour ago, VegasEagle said:

Any possibility of flipping recruits?

No. The early signing day was last Wednesday. Roughly 80% of this year's class has already been signed and cannot be flipped.

3 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

Not a big Sark fan but I would gladly take him into the Auburn Family if he is hired just to witness the turd meltdown... lol

I'm only happy with this if he leaves immediately lol. No waiting for a the playoffs come here now and liberate us.

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Look, I don't want Steele either, but this is borderline Qanon-level reasoning.

I wasn’t sure what Qanon reasoning meant until I looked it up 😆
I’m just trying to think things through 

If AU thought Sark would be our next HC, there is no upside in leaking the offer. 
Im just going off that premise 

1 hour ago, im4aual said:

Look at Washington’s decade prior to him arriving. Got off to a solid start at USC before his issue got the best of him. Look at Saban’s record at Michigan State and compare.  This is absurd to be honest. The experience he got is very valuable. And it wasn’t bad at all.  If Auburn doesn’t hire him another top program will. 

10 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I wasn’t sure what Qanon reasoning meant until I looked it up 😆
I’m just trying to think things through 

If AU thought Sark would be our next HC, there is no upside in leaking the offer. 
Im just going off that premise 

Yeah but look at it this way...wouldn't the same logic apply with word about the boosters wanting Steele?

Just now, AUwent said:

Yeah but look at it this way...wouldn't the same logic apply with word about the boosters wanting Steele?

I think so.

It probably shows how fractured Our “leaders” are at this point.

42 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm only happy with this if he leaves immediately lol. No waiting for a the playoffs come here now and liberate us.

It's like one of those party games....would you rather have a coach right now BUT it's Steele OR a guaranteed not-coach Steele but have to wait for three weeks?

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

It's like one of those party games....would you rather have a coach right now BUT it's Steele OR a guaranteed not-coach Steele but have to wait for three weeks?

I’ll wait here.  Is the bar open?

3 hours ago, im4aual said:

Exactly, unless he brings Charlie Strong with him. I still think Scott Frost would be better at Auburn.

3 hours ago, im4aual said:

Bill Belicheck was an average head coach with the Browns.  He turned out OK.

Pete Carroll was average with the Pats and Jets.  He turned out OK.

Archived