Sarkisian Offered?

Proud Tiger

5 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Clark is solid.

Can we use another word to describe him? I've associated this one with 4 losses. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

This whole learn to be a head coach thing is just a bunch of garbage.  No matter who we hire they will have spent their life around football and have had a plan to execute when they become a head coach that they have created from observation.  

Hire the guy who sells you on how his program is gonna be, regardless if he has done it before or not.

I say this from experience, having a plan of how you’re going to run a program once you’re the top dog is quite different than actually doing it. 

5 minutes ago, chimes said:

I say this from experience, having a plan of how you’re going to run a program once you’re the top dog is quite different than actually doing it. 

Well of course it is, but having the ability to know when to adjust and/or stick with the plan is the difference in being great. I understand that you can not totally discredit experience, but you can easily over value it.

6 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

That's why I feel much more comfortable with other options on the list, Billy Napier and Bill Clark, because of there total program successes.

My Dad always told me not to trust somebody named Billy. 

Napier moved to top of the list!

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

What list???

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

What list???

Supposedly the committee searching for a coach. Maybe even offered, but you know how this stuff goes.

1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

Sometimes you find out you actually enjoy eating grits. 

When I was living in Texas, I had a manager from San Diego. He asked me to take him to breakfast. Imagine the look in his face when  I pulled into Chick Fil A.  It only took him one chicken 🐔 biscuit to make him a fan though. 😅

35 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Well of course it is, but having the ability to know when to adjust and/or stick with the plan is the difference in being great. I understand that you can not totally discredit experience, but you can easily over value it.

Where do you think the “ability to know when to adjust and/or stick with the plan” comes from? Experience... both screwing things up and seeing a plan come together. 

I’m not totally discrediting what I think you’re saying- some people were born to coach and are better at adjustments in their first year than others who’ve been doing it for 20 years. But every single one of those coaches who starts out with a solid blueprint and is willing to adjust early in their career has learned valuable lessons and has grown as a coach with years of experience. 

I don’t want Steele over a guy like Napier because he has more head coaching experience, but the my original point still stands, having a plan of what you’re going to do is very different than actually carrying it out...especially with the multitude of variables and unknowns that come with running a program.

23 minutes ago, toddc said:

If Auburn had six foot legs and a three inch member, it would still find a way to step on it....

22 minutes ago, toddc said:

Supposedly the committee searching for a coach. Maybe even offered, but you know how this stuff goes.

So we have 2 offers out? Does Sark know? 🙄

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

So we have 2 offers out? Does Sark know? 🙄

He hasn’t interviewed yet has he?

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

Clark is solid. Not a splash, but he's no Gus. 

As for Sark, looking at the rumored money he's asking I'm sure his hiring would come with the qualification of keeping Steele and loading his staff with inexperienced former Auburn players turned coaches. We'd be in a similar boat. I'm ready to be proven wrong, however!

I agree Clark is solid at the high school and UAB level.  Gus was solid at the high school and Arkansas State level.  GUS HAS PROVED HE IS LESS THAN SPECTACULAR AT THE POWE 5 LEVEL.  I AM NOT WILLING TO RISK AUBURN AGAIN FOR CLARK TO PROVE HE IS LESS THAN SPECTACULAR. 

I agree with you that I don't want anyone that is manipulated by the Board but I think Clark is the one that will be manipulated by the Board.  If the Board tries to manipulate Sark he has options.  He can stay at bama and be successor to Saben or he can wait for the next power 5 opportunity to come along and with his background there will be opportunities.  Bill Clark the opportunities may be non existent unless a periennel cellar dweller like Kansas or Vandy offer.

Sark's reputation among the coaches are better than Clark's so his pool of potential assistants will be far better than Clarks.

One other point does not directly deal with Sark but in directly.  Last CUSA championship football game pitted FL Atlantic vs UAB.  Same conference similar talent coach FL Atl lane kiffen significant power5 and NFL experience similar to Sark, UAB coach Bill Clark high school experience. SCORE FL ATL 49 UAB 6

I

22 minutes ago, chimes said:

9E8CBDCB-3038-44E5-93DB-6928A017677C.jpeg

new york city nyc GIF

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

He hasn’t interviewed yet has he?

@augolf1716 says yes in the coaching search thread. 

20 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

If Auburn had six foot legs and a three inch member, it would still find a way to step on it....

Yoga.

Not that I... I mean, I'm not saying... look, what I meant was...

Crap.

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

@augolf1716 says yes in the coaching search thread. 

As of last night he hadn’t been interviewed according to sources.

Just now, toddc said:

As of last night he hadn’t been interviewed according to sources.

Just passing along what golf said. I don’t know one way or the other. 

Just now, aubearcat said:

Just passing along what golf said. I don’t know one way or the other. 

It’s been so crazy the last few days that things are changing fast, but it’s a pretty reliable thing that he hasn’t interviewed yet.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

It’s been so crazy the last few days that things are changing fast, but it’s a pretty reliable thing that he hasn’t interviewed yet.

If you're talking about Sark...he's made salary and buy-out demands without even being interviewed?

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

If you're talking about Sark...he's made salary and buy-out demands without even being interviewed?

I know. Someone was saying he interviewed yesterday and I was replying to them.

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

I know. Someone was saying he interviewed yesterday and I was replying to them.

Supposedly he WAS to interview yesterday. IF he didn't wonder why?

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Supposedly he WAS to interview yesterday. IF he didn't wonder why?

No clue.

Archived