Proud Tiger

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weagl1 said:

It’s already on Wikipedia 

Troll job? :dunno:

59 minutes ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

Exactly, unless he brings Charlie Strong with him. I still think Scott Frost would be better at Auburn.

Scott Frost??  What has he done at Nebraska? Try nothing 

4 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

woah woah woah...simmah down now. We still got plenty of opportunity to F this up 

How long before he’s spotted at Sky Bar?

once he’s out from under daddy sabans control its party time.

17 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

This is ridiculous. Come on . 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This is ridiculous. Come on . 

Agree, no one enjoys a joke more than me but I don't care for joking about what Sark is trying to get straight in his life. I've never had an addiction problem but it's got to be the hardest thing he's ever attempted and he has to do it every single day going forward. 

30 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Be honest, any hesitation before you hit “submit reply”? 

I wouldn't be surprised if Bama was trying to offload a contract on us. The guy is not a good coach and was drunk 85% at Socal. I would rather have Bill Clark over Sarkisian.

1 minute ago, The Defiant said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bama was trying to offload a contract on us. The guy is not a good coach and was drunk 85% at Socal. I would rather have Bill Clark over Sarkisian.

Off load a contract? His offense has bama as the number one team in the country, just set I don’t know how many sec and seccg records, and THREE players who will likely get heisman votes if not be invited to NY. I’ll bet if Saban can keep him another year he will/would.

im not saying he is the best choice for Auburn, but some of you folks are more lunatic than fanatic.

43 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

This is ridiculous! I’ve dealt with addicts and alcoholic for years and when they recover they’re some of the most reliable people you will ever know. When you beat an addiction you are one tough nut after that.

I'd rather have Sark, Clark, Napier, Freeze et al than any OC/DC out there.  We CANNOT have someone learning how to be a HC at AU!!  They all have skeletons in their respective closets....some of them are just more public than others. 

1 hour ago, The Defiant said:

You like those high school coaches better than those coaches that have power 5 and nfl experience.  Maybe Clark will hire Gus as his OC or keep high school Chad.  Back to Auburn High again.  

I'll say this for Sark. Granted he's had some great talent and the best OL in college to work with. FWIW, and maybe I'm the only one who noticed, but I saw some true creativity on display. A LOT of presnap motion. Both Harris and Smith, their 2 best playmakers, were constantly moved into different positions, which is a Kiffin trademark. I'm not even sure Bama ran the same formation 2 plays in a row. In the blink of an eye, they varied the tempo from fast to slow, slow to fast. Florida's D was jumping all over the place and couldn't get set prior to the snap. Which resulted in a few mismatches as well. That, and improved QB play from a backup last year to full time starter this year, even though their most dangerous weapon Waddle was lost during the season. Other than Kiffin, I don't think anyone could have gotten more production out of that offense than Sark has. It's obvious to me he put in a lot of extra work and study time. That creativity has transformed that offense from very good to unpredictable and unstoppable. Recruiting would be my only concern.

7 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

I'll say this for Sark. Granted he's had some great talent and the best OL in college to work with. FWIW, and maybe I'm the only one who noticed, but I saw some true creativity on display. A LOT of presnap motion. Both Harris and Smith, their 2 best playmakers, were constantly moved into different positions, which is a Kiffin trademark. I'm not even sure Bama ran the same formation 2 plays in a row. In the blink of an eye, they varied the tempo from fast to slow, slow to fast. Florida's D was jumping all over the place and couldn't get set prior to the snap. Which resulted in a few mismatches as well. That, and improved QB play from a backup last year to full time starter this year, even though their most dangerous weapon Waddle was lost during the season. I don't think anyone could have gotten more production out of that offense than Sark has.

All true, but we aren't looking to hire an OC. We need a head coach, one with people skills, recruiting acumen and the ability to manage a program while he leaves the X's and O's to those he hires.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

All true, but we aren't looking to hire an OC. We need a head coach, one with people skills, recruiting acumen and the ability to manage a program while he leaves the X's and O's to those he hires.

Lots of head coaches call plays, at least the offensive ones. Mullen, Riley, Day, Leach just to name a few. I think he’d do pretty decent on the recruiting trail with his history, and he’s been at two different power 5 jobs and learned from them which makes me think he could do a good job managing the program as well. 

21 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Lots of head coaches call plays, at least the offensive ones. Mullen, Riley, Day, Leach just to name a few. I think he’d do pretty decent on the recruiting trail with his history, and he’s been at two different power 5 jobs and learned from them which makes me think he could do a good job managing the program as well. 

Dug this up.

https://247sports.com/Coach/Steve-Sarkisian-764/AllTimeRecruits/

Did he grab Bryce Young? Sure. But color me shocked that the OC of Bama was able to recruit on the best 2020 QB prospects...

That said, the USC's 2014 recruiting class was #10 and then #2 just behind Bama in 2015. But who was the leading recruiter for the Trojans those years? One Tee Martin, whom, is currently under investigation as is the rest of the Tennessee football program. So what does that tell us?

I think Sark in his short time at USC seems to be able to surround himself with top-notch recruiters... again, seemingly. Does "top-notch recruiters" mean someone who could potentially bring the NCAA sleuthing around Auburn? Perhaps; perhaps not. But these are reasons why I am leery of hiring Sark. I just do not believe that Sark's offensive prowess > Bama recruiting machine... It is just not sensible to simply hire Sark for head coach based on his offense. Maybe he does have a comprehensive plan for success but without knowing it we're left to speculate based on his resumé which I believe is suspect at best.

That's why I feel much more comfortable with other options on the list, Billy Napier and Bill Clark, because of there total program successes.

16 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Dug this up.

https://247sports.com/Coach/Steve-Sarkisian-764/AllTimeRecruits/

Did he grab Bryce Young? Sure. But color me shocked that the OC of Bama was able to recruit on the best 2020 QB prospects...

That said, the USC's 2014 recruiting class was #10 and then #2 just behind Bama in 2015. But who was the leading recruiter for the Trojans those years? One Tee Martin, whom, is currently under investigation as is the rest of the Tennessee football program. So what does that tell us?

I think Sark in his short time at USC seems to be able to surround himself with top-notch recruiters... again, seemingly. Does "top-notch recruiters" mean someone who could potentially bring the NCAA sleuthing around Auburn? Perhaps; perhaps not. But these are reasons why I am leery of hiring Sark. I just do not believe that Sark's offensive prowess > Bama recruiting machine... It is just not sensible to simply hire Sark for head coach based on his offense. Maybe he does have a comprehensive plan for success but without knowing it we're left to speculate based on his resumé which I believe is suspect at best.

That's why I feel much more comfortable with other options on the list, Billy Napier and Bill Clark, because of there total program successes.

The thing that worries me more about Clark than Napier is he’s only been in FBS football since 2014 and has never had to recruit against the big boys. I know he’s turned around UAB but to me Napier’s resume blows him out of the water. I’ve said in the past I’d be completely fine with Napier. Honestly from the get go I was a fan of Cristobal, Napier, Fickell, and more recently Sark. I seem to be one of the few on here skeptical of Clark. But who knows I’ve been wrong about things before, just ask my wife 😂

15 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

The thing that worries me more about Clark than Napier is he’s only been in FBS football since 2014 and has never had to recruit against the big boys. I know he’s turned around UAB but to me Napier’s resume blows him out of the water. I’ve said in the past I’d be completely fine with Napier. Honestly from the get go I was a fan of Cristobal, Napier, Fickell, and more recently Sark. I seem to be one of the few on here skeptical of Clark. But who knows I’ve been wrong about things before, just ask my wife 😂

No question about it. Clark gets the most, and more, out of his players. Can he find a gold nugget here and there where others couldn't? Yes. But that only gets you so far. Sooner or later, you HAVE to recruit shoulder to shoulder with the big boys. That's the expectation at Auburn. It's a pretty big leap to make when you've never seriously done it before, or expected to, AND never served on a staff that did.

Sark is more than qualified to be our coach. I’m worried about the cultural fit for him. He’s a west coast guy. Yes he’s been in the south a couple or years, but in an understood temporary situation. It’s a long way from the west coast to south Alabama for a long term move. The cultures are vastly different. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Sark is more than qualified to be our coach. I’m worried about the cultural fit for him. He’s a west coast guy. Yes he’s been in the south a couple or years, but in an understood temporary situation. It’s a long way from the west coast to south Alabama for a long term move. The cultures are vastly different. 

Not an endorsement but if he were offered the job and took it he would have resolved any culture issues.  For all we know He may like the culture here.  It is my understanding that a lot of folks are exiting the west coast culture.  Sometimes you find out you actually enjoy eating grits. 

This whole learn to be a head coach thing is just a bunch of garbage.  No matter who we hire they will have spent their life around football and have had a plan to execute when they become a head coach that they have created from observation.  

Hire the guy who sells you on how his program is gonna be, regardless if he has done it before or not.

8 hours ago, Carnell said:

You like those high school coaches better than those coaches that have power 5 and nfl experience.  Maybe Clark will hire Gus as his OC or keep high school Chad.  Back to Auburn High again.  

Clark is solid. Not a splash, but he's no Gus. 

As for Sark, looking at the rumored money he's asking I'm sure his hiring would come with the qualification of keeping Steele and loading his staff with inexperienced former Auburn players turned coaches. We'd be in a similar boat. I'm ready to be proven wrong, however!

Archived