I officially withdraw my name as a season ticket holder

WarTim

Honestly, does the PTB really realize what a catastrophe this will be in the coming football season if this thing isn't solved? The attendance is going to be abysmal, the recruiting classes are going to tank, the records are going to be porous (we're talking about barely qualifying for a bowl), and the apathy of the fan base is going to reach levels never seen before. It'll have a massive economical impact on the university and the city of Auburn as well. It's just... maddening and nonsensical to me. I imagine a lot of people are going to join you in declining the season tickets, including myself.

12 minutes ago, WarTim said:

My beloved Auburn has EARNED it. 

Right there with you..........dark time for our beloved Auburn. She's being ripped to shreds over individual ego and foolish "perks".

19 minutes ago, WarTim said:

I haven’t been to an Auburn game since “11/8.” Mainly because of location but still, I have no plans to go to another game anytime in the near future with the events today.

20 minutes ago, WarTim said:

might want to wait. facebook auburn groups are claiming clark turned us down. i have no idea if true or not but good lord you cannot make this stuff up.........lol

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

might want to wait. facebook auburn groups are claiming clark turned us down. i have no idea if true or not but good lord you cannot make this stuff up.........lol

It’s a damn conspiracy, conspiracy I say! 

Meanwhile, the PTB are pecker-measuring in the back room...

23 minutes ago, WarTim said:

My dad and I have been getting them since 2008. We will not be getting them this year or the next until a BOT change is made and a coach is given autonomy. 

32 minutes ago, WarTim said:

I'll take a pair of those season tickets. Maybe I'll get to experience 2013 all over again. Everyone jumped ship after 2012 and I got a pair of $200 season tickets for a magical season. 

4 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Sometimes it’s darkest before the dawn.  I still believe we will come out of this with a great coaching staff!

and you are basing this on what? not counting delusion

2 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Some people just choose to be optimistic no matter how contrary it seems. Jerks. 🤣

57 minutes ago, WarTim said:

..... I'm still gonna watch them on TV.

And yes I realize that's a 'Me' problem :lol: 

After losing to LSU when they kicked a last minute field goal aided by two PI penalties and the cheat in the MSU game that same year I’d had enough. Thirty years of buying season tickets and it just wasn’t worth the effort to drive up from Florida any longer. And these past two seasons solidified my decision.

2 hours ago, chizhead said:

I don’t know I guess sometimes it just stays dark.  Just trying to be optimistic despite a lot of evidence to the contrary.  I been an Auburn fan for over 60 years and a graduate for almost 50 years.  It could be a lot worse and it has been.   We got a team with a winning record and they are headed to the Citrus Bowl.  I just have to believe a good coach is going to step up and want the job.  Maybe not our first choice but I don’t think Pat Dye was either.  But I really think it would have been better to keep Gus rather than turn our bunch of clowns loose to try to hire a replacement.  Maybe they will be successful despite their best efforts to screw it up.  

Keep saying this but there needs to be organization for any season ticket cancellations or boycotts to work. The harsh reality is someone is going to swoop right in, take your season ticket spot, and probably pay even more than you did for 'em.

We DO need to do, or threaten to do a boycott, but we need to organize it and we need a face to lead it. 

Because of everything we've watched how bad the Auburn.powers brokers have screwed up this coaching search, I strongly urge ALL Auburn football ticket holders to boycott buying any season tickets for the 2021 football season if you're as missed off over the way they screwed over the coaching search when we could have somebody like Mario Cristabol, Steve Sarkisian, Brent Venables, Hugh Freeze, Billy Napier, Tony Elliott, Joe Brady or Lane Kiffin. Now it's looking like Auburn might hire either Bill Clark, Kevin Steele or Neal Brown.

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Keep saying this but there needs to be organization for any season ticket cancellations or boycotts to work. The harsh reality is someone is going to swoop right in, take your season ticket spot, and probably pay even more than you did for 'em.

We DO need to do, or threaten to do a boycott, but we need to organize it and we need a face to lead it. 

Maybe need to do something simple, but popular like a 'Burn Your Auburn Gear Challenge'.   I've already got 2 hats and (maybe) a sweatshirt ready to go.  

4 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Maybe need to do something simple, but popular like a 'Burn Your Auburn Gear Challenge'.   I've already got 2 hats and (maybe) a sweatshirt ready to go.  

We still have a basketball team I’m proud to be a fan of.

Archived