I officially withdraw my name as a season ticket holder

WarTim

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We still have a basketball team I’m proud to be a fan of.

Okay, so there are still bugs to work out...  

16 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Maybe need to do something simple, but popular like a 'Burn Your Auburn Gear Challenge'.   I've already got 2 hats and (maybe) a sweatshirt ready to go.  

Burning already purchased gear is silly. Has no effect at all.

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Burning already purchased gear is silly. Has no effect at all.

Well, yeah.  Maybe.  Good luck with your efforts.  

20 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We still have a basketball team I’m proud to be a fan of.

And baseball. Butch is building a hell of a program 

To those agreeing with the OP, you are completely within your rights to do this. But don’t think it is going to make a difference in the administration’s eyes. There’s a reason Auburn tickets have climbed dramatically in price the past few years. If you don’t buy tickets, someone else will, regardless of who the coach is. 

10 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

To those agreeing with the OP, you are completely within your rights to do this. But don’t think it is going to make a difference in the administration’s eyes. There’s a reason Auburn tickets have climbed dramatically in price the past few years. If you don’t buy tickets, someone else will, regardless of who the coach is. 

Exactly. If we are going to do something it will have to be as a whole. To me, a pretty simple one would be a boycott on all Auburn merchandise. 

If that doesn't do much, then ticket purchase boycotts can come into play.

There could also be a ticket boycott pact. We could, as a fanbase, sign an online petition vowing to cancel all season and individual tickets until BOT reform is made. We could give a deadline date of May 1 (just a random date). If nothing happens by then, then everybody boycotts.

Preferably, this date will need to be close to the 2021 opener. 

35 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

It’s too early to know for sure if someone actually will buy them. But this will certainly cause prices to fall. 

What you can do. Bug the crap out of your State representative and State senators to pursue legislation to modify terms of appointment and special exemptions for the Board of Truseets. I am not sure, but I think Rane, Harbert, and Lowder in years past lobbied (bought) legislation to get exemptions to term limits or change term conditions in their or their allies' favor. At any rate, the local elected official is on a hotter seat than BOT members. Therefore, a little hometown outrage goes a long way (even in this alabama crony swamp). Also, the Guvnuh, FWiW. Then, in a capitalist society, people have more votes with their dollars than they do with their political votes. It's your right not to invest in tickets, merchandise, or sending your kids there. So that's the hard one, since I don't want to strangle my alma mater (though I sure want to strangle a few people running it into the ground).

From the BOT website:

The Board of Trustees consists of sixteen members: one member from each congressional district, one member from Lee County, five at-large members, and the Governor, who is a member ex officio, with full voting powers.

Trustees are appointed by a committee, by and with the consent of the State Senate, for a term of seven years. Trustees may serve no more than two full seven-year terms. A member may continue to serve until a successor is confirmed, but in no case for more than one year after a completion of a term.

9 hours ago, weagl1 said:

better to keep Gus rather than turn our bunch of clowns loose

No, Gus should have been gone long ago, but you do make a point. This outrageously stupid bunch of power brokers has far exceeded my expectations of what would happen in a search for new coach. Their little immature pissing contest really shows how pathetic the whole bunch of them are. They are worse than I thought could be possible. They had a chance to really help the AU football program but they are only interested in themselves. I'd rather AU give up football than to install their boy as HC. I'm just glad they don't like basketball

Looks like the morons are gonna get their man after all since they made it flat out impossible for any other coach to want to be Auburn's HC.

On 12/21/2020 at 8:34 PM, AUFriction said:

AUfriction,  it’s not difficult to get season tickets now or the last 20 years.  There’s not enough of a demand because the product being supplied hasn’t been good (consistently).  The athletic department would love to have a supply and demand problem in their favor but they don’t.  This last fiasco, albeit not directly the athletic department’s fault, further exacerbates their problem.  Hopefully, this movement will help empower the athletic department seize a little more control.

22 hours ago, WarTim said:

Season tickets 28 years. 

Big woop, no different than the fan that makes maybe one or two games a year.

if you are for Auburn then good, if not good riddance 

10 hours ago, TigerOne said:

if you are for Auburn then good, if not good riddance 

🤦🏼‍♂️

10 hours ago, TigerOne said:

There is a difference due to the time and effort it takes to make all of the games.  Usually every weekend is dedicated and revolves around the game.  There is no cherry picking which games you want to go to, you go to them all. 

On 12/21/2020 at 11:48 PM, WarTim said:

Season tickets 28 years. 

I’m not sure I would do that.  Depending on where your seats are you most likely would never get them back.  In the lower bowl there is a huge wait for them.  

Archived