"COVID-19 Relief Bill" AKA Omnibous Spending Bill

caleb1633

https://www.wnd.com/2020/12/covid-19-relief-10-million-gender-programs-pakistan/

$10M to Pakistani gender programs, $500M to Israel, $700M to Sudan, packaged with the COVID-19 relief package to push through a spending bill worth $2.3T. Only $900B was actually devoted to COVID-19 relief. I have my initial thoughts, but I would be interested to see what all of you guys have to say.

3 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

https://www.wnd.com/2020/12/covid-19-relief-10-million-gender-programs-pakistan/

$10M to Pakistani gender programs, $500M to Israel, $700M to Sudan, packaged with the COVID-19 relief package to push through a spending bill worth $2.3T. Only $900B was actually devoted to COVID-19 relief. I have my initial thoughts, but I would be interested to see what all of you guys have to say.

Swampy

4 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Check out my "Give them some crumbs" thread. I vented about this BS. Total it is close to $5B in total for foreign aid. 

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

I just read where it has $7B tucked away in it to provide high speed internet for low income families.

With many schools going full time remote learning, this one is somewhat feasible.  

Just now, around4ever said:

With many schools going full time remote learning, this one is somewhat feasible.  

My thing is, the article I read which was a Business Insider article talked about this money being used for smartphones. 

The school district my daughter goes to and my wife works will provide a Chromebook for every student that needs one and provide high speed access for the students. 

I think It would be better served to get that money to districts to provide similar programs like ours is doing rather than giving straight out to people. 

21 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I would likely get on board with that, though I think that responsibility should fall on the shoulders of the local government and communities to provide it. No matter what, it definitely shouldn't be in a package laced with a bunch of pork. Benevolent policies, such as this, were used as a Trojan horse to pass a bunch of garbage that most taxpayers would be completely opposed to funding, if given the choice.

Typical, pathetic excuse for "leadership" in Washington....yet we have some in there who continue to act as though they are serviceable. 

14 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

My thing is, the article I read which was a Business Insider article talked about this money being used for smartphones. 

The school district my daughter goes to and my wife works will provide a Chromebook for every student that needs one and provide high speed access for the students. 

I think It would be better served to get that money to districts to provide similar programs like ours is doing rather than giving straight out to people. 

It’s the ole’ leading a horse to water, but can’t make them drink type of thing.  The motivation to learn is within each individual and just providing access has not worked for decades.  There has got to be a better and less expensive way.

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s the ole’ leading a horse to water, but can’t make them drink type of thing.  The motivation to learn is within each individual and just providing access has not worked for decades.  There has got to be a better and less expensive way.

I agree. Why would people want to better themselves if they get everything handed to them. Plus, who needs $75 a month for high speed. All that is needed is fast enough for school. You don’t need speeds for online gaming or streaming. 

On 12/25/2020 at 5:26 PM, Bottomfeeder said:

Murica First, huh? I loathe the commie bastards on the Hill. More for them and less for us. It's been that way for decades.

https://baconbreaksitdown.com/2020/12/21/stimulus/#content

Agreed on how nauseating all of this is. I don't think it's solely a Democrat thing though, as the article suggests. I'd bet if you dove into a lot of the proposals, both sides are getting something out of it; otherwise, Republicans wouldn't have voted for it to pass.

6 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Agreed on how nauseating all of this is. I don't think it's solely a Democrat thing though, as the article suggests. I'd bet if you dove into a lot of the proposals, both sides are getting something out of it; otherwise, Republicans wouldn't have voted for it to pass.

image.gif

20 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

13 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

image.gif

Ditto on the bingo. Both parties are doing what they do. Handing out goodies for their corrupt as hell donors so they can mine the corrupt as hell results.

Archived