Gogue’s Statement

RunInRed

4 hours ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Billy Napier was never offered

@auburnfaithful72 He wasn’t but we were at the talking numbers phase with him.  He just wanted an obscene $6 million a year and we said Adios

4 hours ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Harsin was their guy all along.

Mario was the first choice but his buyout plus Gus’s buyout plus what it would cost to get quality assistant coaches was just too much for Greene’s fiscal liking, Especially since the cost of getting Harsin who they like almost as much was much easier to stomach.

I figured most of the stuff that was being said about the chaos and people turning down the job was a bunch of baloney being generated by “journalists” trolling for clickbait and coaches trying to make themselves look good.  It’s nice to see that confirmed at the highest level.  Thank you President Gouge and AD Greene.  

7 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

And why people PAY their hard earned money for that BS information, I don’t understand.  Sites like 247 and what not only want the clicks, they don’t care about Auburn or providing accurate information. 

This is hilarious and passing shade on a pay site where free sites were doing the same....maybe worse.

10 minutes ago, creed said:

This is hilarious and passing shade on a pay site where free sites were doing the same....maybe worse.

Slow down there. Some of us prefer our misinformation at no cost.

Got the same statement in my grad school email. I love it and I’m quite surprised. As toxic and awful social media is for humanity, it creates transparency never before seen in history imo. The BOT definitely knew fans weren’t happy with things.

I wonder if they received JUST enough calls threatening to withhold donations to actually cave?

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

You missed the entire point.

Maybe I'm making my own point.

1 hour ago, creed said:

Maybe I'm making my own point.

I think you should ask for your aufamily monthly subscription refunded. I’d create a whole thread on it actually. 

4 hours ago, woodford said:

I wonder if they received JUST enough calls threatening to withhold donations to actually cave?

Yeah I might have to apologise for my role in that. 😂 I Just wanted AG to be able to do his job.

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah I might have to apologise for my role in that. 😂 I Just wanted AG to be able to do his job.

who was it that said they might warrant a restraining order? 🤣

12 hours ago, dilligas said:

I think a lot hinges on Harsin’s success.  If he fails, the power boosters will re-emerge and run he and Allen Greene out of town and take back control.  But if he succeeds, they will just be boosters rather than puppeteers.

I agree 100%. I truly believe he can be successful from an X and O stand point. I am interested to see how he chooses his staff, being that he’s coming to a new region, with out a ton of experience. I do feel like if he’s shown he can recruit well at Boise that he can translate that to recruiting well at Auburn, I think his staff can multiply that to help some of the others feel better about things.  

I’m not completely sure I believe him. But Gogue blatantly lied to both me and my wife when we brought up concerns to him about student parking. So, I don’t trust anything he says anymore. 

Still, the amount of information coming from multiple credible sources... I think Gogue did allow the boosters to take control at first, and only handed it to AG once everything got messed up. But we’ll never know for sure.

Archived