Tracy Rocker -- DL Coach

W.E.D

18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

His recruiting profile has him as a Guard

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2007/nick-fairley-23255

Ben Grubbs played fullback, tight end, and linebacker in high school, was a DL recruit, and ended up becoming a Pro Bowler at guard. Sometimes players project to positions they didn't play in high school. :dunno:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Glad Twitter warned me about sensitive content before I was able to view that photo. Thanks Mr. Dorsey!

Also heard a rumor that Coach Rock doesn't like to recruit; is that true?😏

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The Buck position hasn't been a strength for us, no.

And I'm not sure that much of Holland's production couldn't be attributed to Brown and Davidson vaporizing the pocket on every passing down while Davises Carlton and Javaris blanketed receivers. 

And Carl Lawson was one of the most college-ready freaks out of high school we've seen. He definitely developed at Auburn but he was every bit the top-5 recruit he was billed to be, and he's proving it at Cincinnati. 

Also, Fairley gets all the acclaim, but Rock probably got more out of Antonio Coleman, Hot Carter, and Dee Ford than we've gotten out of anyone since besides Lawson and Holland. 

TL;DR We stand to upgrade significantly in terms of positional coaching with Coach Rock. 

Lots of good points.  I'm pretty excited as Rocker as a coach.  Were Marlon/Brown elite as Sophs?  I can't remember

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lots of good points.  I'm pretty excited as Rocker as a coach.  Were Marlon/Brown elite as Sophs?  I can't remember

For my money, DB was elite from day 1, and definitely elite in year 2 (Side note, I'd be surprised if we could come up with 3 guys who were more consistently great for a full career at AU than DB.) Narlob was fantastic his first year and then took a step back in year 2 IIRC. But I think he also went from being a playmaker on the outside to being a slightly undersized space eater (ie no highlight plays) in the middle. I could be way off on all of that, but MD was definitely a team first guy and moved around a ton.

Tracy only needs three more years to be eligible for the State's retirement system. He is nowhere near that anywhere else. I would imagine that would be a big help to draw coaches to Auburn. 

SIAP

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/South-Carolina-Gamecocks-football-auburn-coaches-owe-quarter-million-buyout-money-mike-bobo-will-friend-tracy-rocker-159225071/

I find it interesting that Friend owes $100,000 after being a Gamecock all of one week.

On 1/13/2021 at 10:35 AM, AUBourne said:

When he left Auburn to go the Titans that was the excuse given on why he would leave AU. I think it stuck in the minds of fans. In truth I think it was probably just an excuse.

Maybe he hated the traveling while he had a son at home. Missing kids' games and other activities while they are young is the reason many parents hate traveling and they struggle with balancing professional demands and family life. If I had to guess...I'd say that was probably an issue for him since Kumar was active in sports. 

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Maybe he hated the traveling while he had a son at home. Missing kids' games and other activities while they are young is the reason many parents hate traveling and they struggle with balancing professional demands and family life. If I had to guess...I'd say that was probably an issue for him since Kumar was active in sports. 

Definitely was an issue for him. Big part of why he left for the Titans.

8 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Definitely was an issue for him. Big part of why he left for the Titans.

Well then....that's what I always thought. And I do not blame him one bit for doing what was best for his family. 

Archived