3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I just want to see this fact.

"Give unattainable hurdle that can't be met"

"Declares victory"

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

YES!    Your speculation on why he left Arkansas is not good enough.   

Show me where he said that was the reason he went into the NFL.   I can not find one shred of evidence that rocker hates recruiting other than random posters on message boards.

He may very well hate recruiting,  but as far as I can tell,  that is an internet rumor started by fans angry when he leaves and perpetuated by the easily swayed.

It's not my speculation.  It's been in articles, posted by "insiders" and "mods" from various sites and from various colleges too.  People aren't just making things up 

I'm good with the Rocker hire. Our defensive line were very good when he was here. People complain about the recruiting but we signed some good ones when he was here and uga signed some really good ones when he was coaching there. I would not be surprised to hear that Rocker is not crazy about all the attention you have to give some of these recruits. But maybe those are the recruits we can pass on. You know the Byron Cowarts of the world. All world talent but doesn't have the drive to be great at the higher levels. 

I'll take results over hearsay and the results for Rocker speaks for themselves. 

When he left Auburn to go the Titans that was the excuse given on why he would leave AU. I think it stuck in the minds of fans. In truth I think it was probably just an excuse.

6 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I just want to see this fact.    Rocker is in the wrong line of work if he hates recruiting.    The whole ordeal sounds like something made up by angry fans when  Rocker left us.   

It is hard for me to believe that a successful coach would HATE recruiting. 

Would someone please post how they KNOW  that Rocker HATES recruiting. 

Well, I'm not going to dig back through 11 and 12 year old posts. If you want to feel free.

No, I do not know Rocker personally. However, it was pretty well stated by the insiders who posted at the time back in the day that Rocker did not care for recruiting at all. I'm not saying he can't recruit, or won't recruit. Obviously most of his coaching career has been in college, so he knows the deal. That doesn't mean that he likes, enjoys, or wants to recruit.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

"Give unattainable hurdle that can't be met"

"Declares victory"

So you admit there is no evidence to what you are claiming.   If it is true,  it shouldn't be so hard for you to come up with something.     

I am willing to concede that Rocker hates recruiting,  but only if I see SOME credible evidence. 

Come on man,  Give me something to believe you.

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's not my speculation.  It's been in articles, posted by "insiders" and "mods" from various sites and from various colleges too.  People aren't just making things up 

And I am asking for a link.  Prove your stance,  and I will concede.

I am not asking for a pile of evidence,  just a link or 2 that is not speculation.

Everybody calm down. Nothing we can do about it regardless of past or present. Got to look to the future and support the staff. Enough negativity please. Save it in case we are worst in Defense after the season. We have no proof of anything at the moment.

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

And I am asking for a link.  Prove your stance,  and I will concede.

2 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Well, I'm not going to dig back through 11 and 12 year old posts. If you want to feel free.

nor am I going to dig through past sights I don't have access too nor posts that have been long deleted.

16 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

If I recall, and I'm sure someone will correct me if (they think) I'm wrong, but isn't Rocker supposed to be great closing with the kids once they're on campus? I remember the fact he hated going on the recruiting trail, which sucks, but as I recall he's able to close the deal once they're on the Plains. No doubt about his coaching abilities. Maybe not ideal since CZE doesn't have proven recruiting chops yet, but I think I can live with this.

^^^this

Rocker is a tremendous closer and on-camous recruiter, but he doesn't like the trail itself.  

Just now, AUnCullman said:

Everybody calm down. Nothing we can do about it regardless of past or present. Got to look to the future and support the staff. Enough negativity please. Save it in case we are worst in Defense after the season. We have no proof of anything at the moment.

It's not really negativity.  Nearly everyone is saying Rock is a great coach and developer.  There are some strong concerns wrt recruiting.  Just b/c someone points out something, doesn't mean you're being negative.  It's reality.

We've had "great" recruiters before.  We've had many "great" classes.  However, what we've also had is a lot of kids relying on their talent up until Grade 12 to get them by because the coaching has NOT been there.  No development.  Recruiting or not, I'm happy to get back to (hopefully) seeing kids develop.

Just now, W.E.D said:

nor am I going to dig through past sights I don't have access too nor posts that have been long deleted.

Figures.   

until there is some shred of evidence, I am calling bull****!

Just now, bigbird said:

^^^this

Rocker is a tremendous closer and on-camous recruiter, but he doesn't like the trail itself.  

I'm going to need you to sight articles and specific posts, hopefully that directly quote Rock himself, to satisfy @Quietmaninthecorner

And plus people are talking about us building a world class recruiting support staff. SO maybe the off field guys can follow the kids on social media...like their tweets and what not and then Rocker can stick to the football part and close when they get on campus. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

It's not really negativity.  Nearly everyone is saying Rock is a great coach and developer.  There are some strong concerns wrt recruiting.  Just b/c someone points out something, doesn't mean you're being negative.  It's reality.

If God Almighty Was hired as a coach,  you would be worried God once caused a flood.

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

If God Almighty Was hired as a coach,  you would be worried God once caused a flood.

Well he did kill people, so....

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I just want to see this fact.    Rocker is in the wrong line of work if he hates recruiting.    The whole ordeal sounds like something made up by angry fans when  Rocker left us.   

It is hard for me to believe that a successful coach would HATE recruiting. 

Would someone please post how they KNOW  that Rocker HATES recruiting. 

Just to break it down because I honestly don't know specifically (only including the ones he's the primary recruiter for):

2021 - signed two 3* DTs

2020 - signed one 4* DT

2019 - signed one 4* DT and one 3* DT

2018 - signed one 4* DT and one 3* SDE

2017- signed one 4* OG, one 4* DT, and one 3* OG

2016 - signed one 4* DT

2015 - signed one 4* SDE, one 4* WDE, and one 3* DT

2011 signed Gabe Wright

2010 signed Corey Lemonier, Jeffrey Whitaker, Antonio Goodwin, Shaun Kitchens, and Kenneth Carter

He's done a little more as a secondary recruiter which, from his track record, seems like what we'll need is to have someone recruiting DL for him with him as a backup secondary guy. Specifically need someone recruiting edge rushers based on his list.

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Figures.   

until there is some shred of evidence, I am calling bull****!

Since when do insiders post anything linkable? You either trust what an insider has to say based on what they've brought to the boards or you don't. It's like you're asking for a link to what someone verbally stated.

We get it, you don't believe it because Rocker never stated in public "I hate recruiting". That's fine, we'll have to live without your approval.

People here keep saying he can't recruit.... What did all those big time D line recruits do this season? We need coaching I don't care if they not a 5 star if they're being coached up to a 5 star level. 

Great hire!

Just now, Mustprotect said:

People here keep saying he can't recruit.... What did all those big time D line recruits do this season? We need coaching I don't care if they not a 5 star if they're being coached up to a 5 star level. 

Great hire!

Nobody said "can't".  Many are saying he doesn't like the grind.  He is a great recruiter for those on campus, but he doesn't like the travel.

Even if he's not a big recruiter, he's a good coach. Players will love playing for him. I've been lucky enough to hang around him with recruits a time or two and he's a fun guy to be around.

I like the hire. 

Archived